hypocritical people on newsfeed

Options
123457»

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    'cuz 1200 calories is stupid and completely unnecessary...and most people that are doing it aren't even doing it right...you're supposed to net to 1200, not gross. Most people who are doing the 1200 plan are pretty ignorant of nutrition and the needs of their body. Good for her for dumping you.
    Full of win.

Here is my contribution;
    2651348868959.13122.png

I will take your contribution, and raise it up a notch:

29721_juicy_lucy_burger_620.jpg

or this one, if you prefer bison:

351256.jpg

I wish I was impervious to your burgerz, as I am gluten free and the buns will make me wish that I had not in fact given up on my diapers . . . but all it's making me want to do is take a trip over to Five Guys. *kitten*!!
    20071113-AW_Quad_Bacon_Double_Cheese_4.jpg
    OH my god.. I just died...
    In for the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    734076_10151256045129751_72719835_n_zps48c58e78.jpg
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Today on my newsfeed there was a girl knocking people tha are eating 1200 calories. She was saying how sad it was that people want to starve themselves. I said I disagree that 1200 is too little IF you are eating the right things and not eating garbage.
    How can someine he so hypocritical when they too probably started at 1200 before they realized their body needed more? Sorry girl but you are not an expert on everyone elses body and for a lot of people 1200 calories is a stepping stone to start the weightloss until they learn to control what they eat, portion sizes and learn about healthy choices. Its funny how people grow a big head as soon as they think they know the magic.

This girl deleted me. Lol. Good decision.

I definitely see your point. Hey, I think it's GREAT that posters on this site offer valuable information about eating more and still being able to lose! That's important information and fantastic food-for-thought!

But . . . I don't think it's fair to automatically assume 1200 calories equals starving oneself. I dare anyone to look at my (open) diary and say with a straight face that I'm starving. I do not let myself go hungry ~ if I'm hungry, I eat. I do not deprive myself ~ if I want cheese cake or beer I have it. I believe I am eating hearty & satisfying meals.

Recently (in another thread) I peaked at the few open diaries of those who eat more and were putting down those of us who eat less ~ honestly each and every one of them had diaries that would leave ME hungry! Such as daily lunch of only a Lean Cuisine type frozen meal ~ that would NOT satisfy me. Such as lots of empty calories on a few beers each & every day. Such as most all their veggies were canned. I was not impressed (this isn't to say I'm sure there are plenty of higher cal diaries that *are* satisfying, it's just unfortunately the only open diaries I found were truly lacking IMO). And trust me, I have nothing against drinking beer daily or eating high sodium canned/frozen ~ what I *am* against is those who insist other's must be starving, only to find out lots of their higher calories are empty/unhealthy anyway.

So when I read the generalized statements that insist eating less is surely gonna lead to failure and binges, it truly does.not ring true for *me*. I love my foods, they taste great and satisfy me! I honestly believe I will be able to maintain this lifestyle the rest of my life because it sincerely suits me.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    The second one looks like a scary creature from under the sea and the last one look dry... the one in between though... MMMMmmmmm ooooey goooey yumminess!

challenge.jpg

burgerbap5.jpg
    tumblr_m46p4dHfNe1qesvhso1_1280.jpg
    WayBurg.JPG
    indulgent_homemade_pizza_burger_640_08.jpg
    20080222-burger.jpg
    IMG_6546-700x498.jpg
    3657794746_81fe15dc3a.jpg?v=0

And for the veggies
    lettuce.jpeg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I laughed entirely too much at the one for the veggies.

I really want a burger now.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    The second one looks like a scary creature from under the sea and the last one look dry... the one in between though... MMMMmmmmm ooooey goooey yumminess!

challenge.jpg

burgerbap5.jpg
    tumblr_m46p4dHfNe1qesvhso1_1280.jpg
    WayBurg.JPG
    indulgent_homemade_pizza_burger_640_08.jpg
    20080222-burger.jpg
    IMG_6546-700x498.jpg
    3657794746_81fe15dc3a.jpg?v=0

And for the veggies
    lettuce.jpeg

psekO3B.gif
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Did someone put LEAVES on that last burger?? Wth?!?!?!
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Did someone put LEAVES on that last burger?? Wth?!?!?!

I think it was holy... maybe it was Christmas time? :ohwell:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines includes this item:

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.