more proof mcdonald s is yuck

Options

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Personally don't eat it, any one want to eat it meh its your life. Now for some fun...

mcdonaldsjoker_zps472bb8b1.jpg

tumblr_m23989o4nO1r5y4syo1_400_zps43d93b2c.gif
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...
    i don't think you can judge me as a bad parent you don't know me, my children have a very healthy diet and eat plenty of fruit and veg they have been taught from an early age about food and I believe no food should be off limit as long as your sensible and having Mc Donald's 3 or 4 times a year won't do them any harm

I didn't say you were a bad parent. I said that in that one instance you were exhibiting bad parenting.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????

Bad parenting. As someone who has changed their own lifestyle, I would hope that you had the same ambitions for you children. The circle continues...

Oh no way, there you go trolling again. It must be nice to be judgemental and bitter sitting behind your keyboard. Who are you to judge their parenting? Stay in your own lane.

38173851.jpg

37733201.jpg

I'm someone who knows better I guess.

Correction...you don't know jack *kitten*. You can't even eat your net calories. I've seen quite a few of your retarded posts on these forums...please go back to Facebook and troll there. And don't act so righteous either, no one on here got fat from eating vegetables all day...so take it down a notch, kettle.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

You're honestly calling someone a bad parent for taking their kids to McDonalds?

Who on Earth are you to judge? Seriously.

Someone takes their kids to McDonalds once a month and you have the nerve to critique their parenting. That blows my mind.

I am so glad you said this I was thinking the same thing. What gives anyone the right to judge another person on parenting their kids..wow..
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options

For NO other reason than to piss you off, I'm taking my kid to McDonalds for lunch now.

can you get me a sweet chilli chicken wrap?

I'd be delighted to!!

When he's ten years ols and 200 lbs, tell him I said hi.

Hey, grown *kitten* childless woman with 60+ lbs to lose, shut up about other people's kids and their weights. Maybe if you'd learned moderation, self-control and timing you wouldn't need to spend your Saturdays *****ing about other people's choices.

Not all of us are fat because we eat too much you know. I see how defensive you are getting abouthis and that can only tell me that you really are concerned that you are indeed a bad parent. Sorry for your insecurity but putting me down isn't going to change that. Maybe if you spent less time on the internet and more time with your kid(s).... But thats just my opinion. Have a good one. I'm done with this.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You aren't even worth a strike.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    So... how is reiterating the same arguments as always "more proof"?

I'll continue eating McDonalds - because despite all the things you're throwing out there, we have the right to make an educated decision, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

For the record: I eat McD's several times a week. (We get a pretty significant discount. Can't beat that.) I've been losing weight, because I understand how to budget calories. My total cholesterol has gone down by almost half. My heart rate and blood pressure are AWESOME. So yup, clearly it's killing me.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

For NO other reason than to piss you off, I'm taking my kid to McDonalds for lunch now.

I'd be delighted to!!

Hey, grown *kitten* childless woman with 60+ lbs to lose, shut up about other people's kids and their weights. Maybe if you'd learned moderation, self-control and timing you wouldn't need to spend your Saturdays *****ing about other people's choices.

Not all of us are fat because we eat too much you know. I see how defensive you are getting abouthis and that can only tell me that you really are concerned that you are indeed a bad parent. Sorry for your insecurity but putting me down isn't going to change that.

Am I to assume because you chose to respond that YOU are concerned about looking like somebody who lacks moderation and self control? Riiiight. No. You said something that was incredibly thoughtless, something that reveals that your are completely naive when it comes to what the horrors of child abuse actually looks like. Trust me, it's not a Happy Meal.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options

i don't think you can judge me as a bad parent you don't know me, my children have a very healthy diet and eat plenty of fruit and veg they have been taught from an early age about food and I believe no food should be off limit as long as your sensible and having Mc Donald's 3 or 4 times a year won't do them any harm

I didn't say you were a bad parent. I said that in that one instance you were exhibiting bad parenting.

Are you for real?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

I'd be delighted to!!

Not all of us are fat because we eat too much you know. I see how defensive you are getting abouthis and that can only tell me that you really are concerned that you are indeed a bad parent. Sorry for your insecurity but putting me down isn't going to change that. Maybe if you spent less time on the internet and more time with your kid(s).... But thats just my opinion. Have a good one. I'm done with this.

Woman, mind your own damn business. I bet if your only treat would've been McDonalds every 3 months, you wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight. This "not all of us are fat because we ate too much" is used as an excuse way too often.
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Actually the only people i see on there high horses, are the posters. NOT the original poster. What the hell is with all the snide remarks and sarcasim? guys.. COME ON. Mcdonalds is bad for you. There is not one thing that isnt loaded with bad cholesterol, sodium nitrates, chemicals and preservatives. The OP isnt telling anyone not to eat there, but you gotta admit she has a point. How can any of you who are supposed to be here for health and fitness defend that place? Have none of you ever seen "supersize me?" I HIGHLY reccomend it to all of you who just had to pop off smart to the OP. A mcdonalds burger and fries were put in glass container for a whole year and know what happened at the end of that year?... The burger and fries still looked fresh, like they had'nt aged a day. Compare that to the regular burger from home and fresh french fires, that looked like green and brown pile of mold and mush?..yeah im sure you see where im going with this. The stuff isn't food. It doesn't decompose because its all chemicals. Everyone have a good day.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

And in Supersize Me, he ONLY ate McDonalds. No one here thinks that is a good idea. Having fast food sometimes isn't a big deal. It's no worse for you than many other processed, prepared foods. What people are taking issue with is the vilification of McDonalds without proof.

In Supersize Me he claimed he was eating 5000 calories a day.
    There is another movie called Fat head where a guy decided to eat just take out for 30 days as well but use common sense while doing it and not just stuff his face and not exercise like the guy in Supersize Me.

The guy from Fat Head lost weight during his all fast food diet.

Odd's are even if the guy from Supersize me ate 5000 calories a day in healthy foods and didn't exercise he still would have gained weight the man just didn't use common sense.

McD's or any other fast food place isn't why people are overweight, people are overweight because they eat more food than their bodies need for their lifestyle.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This thread has all the fun of the MFP forums:

- copied post of a completely unsubstantiated and basically BS article
    - OP subsequently denying responsibility of said post (even though the source was not originally credited)
    - people making high-horse judgement about other people based on nothing but one statement and without regard to context
    - holier than though attitudes
    - people apparently defying the laws of thermodynamics
    - some great smackdowns
    - some good gifs
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

I am definitely not a fan of McDonald's, That being said you should maybe direct some focus toward maintaining some healthy boundaries and to be honest I just peeked at your diary which I will remind you is set to public display and your eating habits are far from what I consider to be healthy but I choose to refrain from the sort of negativity you have displayed here.

Have noticed you on a few post's and you seem to have a lot of conviction, which can be a good thing but have seen you turn it into self righteousness at times. Maybe time to reevaluate how to communicate. You seem to spend to much time on the forums and not enough time focusing on your own health.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I both "indulge" in some form of fast food about once a week (if I include pizza nights). We are both at acceptable, healthy weights/body fat percentages and have not suffered from any ill-effects. I can't see anything about fast food that makes it any worse than, say, a frozen meal bought at the store.

Fast food tends to be higher fat than home cooked food but when I plan for some fast food and eat appropriately the rest of the day, I can pretty easily eat some fast food and fit it in my macros. There is nothing in fast food that isn't in other food.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options

I'd be delighted to!!

Oh no, the "take my ball and go home" defense.

Look, your profile pretty publicly states that you have 60lbs to lose and no kids. If pointing that out is putting you down, take it off your profile.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    This thread has all the fun of the MFP forums:

- copied post of a completely unsubstantiated and basically BS article
    - OP subsequently denying responsibility of said post (even though the source was not originally credited)
    - people making high-horse judgement about other people based on nothing but one statement and without regard to context
    - holier than though attitudes
    - people apparently defying the laws of thermodynamics
    - some great smackdowns
    - some good gifs

bth_NOTBAD_zpsaf9cd27f.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

fem2jq.jpg
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow...was going to look at Mmmmmomma's (or however it is spelled) diary. She deactivated her account.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

I am definitely not a fan of McDonald's, That being said you should maybe direct some focus toward maintaining some healthy boundaries and to be honest I just peeked at your diary which I will remind you is set to public display and your eating habits are far from what I consider to be healthy but I choose to refrain from the sort of negativity you have displayed here.

Have noticed you on a few post's and you seem to have a lot of conviction, which can be a good thing but have seen you turn it into self righteousness at times. Maybe time to reevaluate how to communicate. You seem to spend to much time on the forums and not enough time focusing on your own health.

user deactivated... Daayuumn
This discussion has been closed.