Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• lcpruitt
    lcpruitt Posts: 11
    Options
    I was pulling on a pair of shorts I wear all the time fresh out of the dryer and was disappointed at how tight they were to pull up over my hips... once they were all the way on I realized that they were only tight going on because I hadn't unzipped the fly before putting them on... :happy:
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wife just said she liked the way my legs looked when I was standing on the scale today. That's just all sorts of awesome in my book.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 4 of C 2 5 K! ...and my husband can't keep his hands off me!!!:blushing:
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    on monday I put on (and fit into and therefore bought!) my 1st size 14 jeans in YEARS (like...over 5 years at least and I can't remember how long before that)! And my husband says he doesn't think he's ever seen me in size 14 (we've been together 11 years) - but I think i have been... and the jeans were 'fitted through the hip and thigh' and even though i'm a 'pear' shape, I could still fit into them! :D
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape, got skinny legs, large waist, and a somewhat large chest. Today I wore a pair of shorts I bought 2 months ago and went for my walk when I noticed myself pulling my shorts UP because they were falling off my waist :) YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

And... I had to retire my size M srub pants for work because I was told they were looking super baggy!

I think my boobs are getting smaller too :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My new clothes are falling off..

I got a new drivers license and gave my real weight-proudly

I had sex with the lights on confidently lol

I'm lifting heavy and increasing the weights every lift day

Faster sprints, High jumps, more pushups, squats, crunches.. greater fitness all the way around

Dating confidence
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I can wrap a regular bath towel around me, tuck the little flap in and it stays, and it actually covers everything. It has been a few years since I was able to do that.
  • victoriab123
    victoriab123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I passed up some lasagna in the frozen food section tonight and came home and made myself a salad and had canatalope for dessert.

That was a biggie for me.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have been to boot camp faithfully for 2 months and this morning I did the 5:30am class!

No more heartburn!

I bought a skirt in a size 8-my wedding dress was a 14!

Because I made a change in eating, my husband decided to a month later and he's lost close to 40 pounds!
  • JamieAbnowski
    JamieAbnowski Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking two weeks ago- been exercising everyday since. I have come to the conclusion that will never smoke again because I am starting to see myself as an athlete that I want to become, and athletes don't smoke!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking two weeks ago- been exercising everyday since. I have come to the conclusion that will never smoke again because I am starting to see myself as an athlete that I want to become, and athletes don't smoke!

Your awsome and smart
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bought two dresses yesterday both were mediums and one pair of shorts that are a size 8. As an adult I've never worn that size :)

I took a few photos while trying on different dresses and was surprised at the muscles in my legs :)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I bought six pairs of jeans from someone locally and now they are too big.

I didn't feel like a whale when I rode on the watertubes at the waterpark with my son.

My son has a camera now, and I'm not horrified at the pictures he takes of me. That's the biggest NSV yet.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    ate back most of my calories today for the first time
  • mreed911
    mreed911 Posts: 25
    Options
    From a triglycerides over 300 and cholesterol over 200 just 2 months ago, here are my results from yesterday:

Total Cholesterol: 113 (normal < 200)
    Triglycerides: 99 (normal 10-200)
    HDL: 42 (Good Cholesterol - normal Men >40)
    LDL: 51 (Bad Cholesterol - normal < 130)

This follows a change to a doctor-supervised, calorie-restricted, high-protein/low-carb diet (but NOT "all protein/no carb") with a weekly cheat day figured in to my calories/week.

On the non-NSV side I'm losing just under 4 lbs a week on average.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ive started to get complements from the ppl who work at my gym, saying how much weight I've lost and how my fitness has improved
  • melinadanielle
    Options
    my story isnt as awesome as some, but for the first time ever my collar bones are starting to show.
    thats always been something i find so attractive about others, and ive never been able to see mine
    so i find it exciting ahaha.
  • srhcutting
    srhcutting Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    it's the first night in as long as I can remember that I haven't gone on a binge after dinner!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    NSV today: 4.1km run without walking - slow but getting there.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    One day I was freaking out in the car because I saw my knee caps.

They exist.

I forgot what they look like. They are ugly. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!