What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Options

Replies

• MrDangerSass
    Options
    To do a better job loving my beautiful wife with my heart, mind, soul.... AND...body. Over the last few years I think she's been getting a bum deal... I'm working to fix that.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My reason is this: in my head, I'm still the same person I was in my early 20s. When I look out, those are the eyes I see with. But now when I look in the mirror, I see someone completely different. I want to look in the mirror and see the me that I see in my brain. And she's wearing a size 8. Or a 6. I'm not picky. And the only way you can tell she has kids is because she has them with her; not because she has that "exhausted mom who's let herself go" look.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I was literally ticked off at myself for treating my body like a garbage can. This was a gift, as was my wife and kids, and I was being selfish, lazy, and pathetic hiding behind "I just love food" ...

I may not run fast, I may not be some hot guy at the gym, but I'm healthy ... I may get hit by a truck crossing the road, but I won't let myself go because I ate myself to death.

*clears throat* ... ok ... back to work.

:)
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Im tired of looking 11 months pregnant with triplets.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am turning 30 and feel it is like a clean slate! Plus I want to get healthy and have another baby
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    Sex- I wanna able to work him over like he's a jungle gym

And- health, life, blah-blah-blah
  • lemonjune
    lemonjune Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've always been bigger, and it's taken a number on my confidence. I feel too scared to do anything because of my weight, and I don't want to use it as an excuse anymore. Plus, I don't want to waste my 20's hiding my body, trying to avoid the world because I don't want to be judged by my weight. Basically, I want confidence! (Plus...all the plus-sized clothes are terrible, and the smaller clothes that I can actually fit into just make me look like a stuffed, jiggly jean-and-shirt sausage. :/)
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't want my kids to have "the fat mom" growing up. I want to be a healthy and active presence in their lives, especially while they are still young.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Because I want to live.

Run, swim, jump, dig, glide, and make my body do what it was meant to do.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    So I don't feel like CRAP at the end of every day from poor eating/clothes not fitting/etc.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    so i can do crazy things and look like a bad *kitten* while doing them. who DOESNT want to look like a super hero?!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Does this tell you anything? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651264-lose-weight-to-be-healthy-f-no-i-want-to-be-hawt

Yup...

However, I think being hot is all about being fit... not skinny and I don't want to get to a point where I really find myself attractive only to lose my health because I didn't do it right...
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So I'm not "the big girl" when I'm with my friends anymore. So I can run a 10k. To build confidence. So I have a good, heatlhy body image that I can pass on to my kids so they start out with good habits, and good health from the get go. :)
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I want to look good standing next to my husband! However he loves me the way I am now!! And I want to be a role model for my daughters!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    my number 1 reason is completely vain...i want to look amazing!
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Several reasons, number 1 is KEEP MY JOB!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 40 next year and I want to look hot!!
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit because I love being strong. It makes me feel like the beast that I know I am. I don't want my kids, especially my daughters to go thru the crap that I went thru when I was a kid.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i want to live to see 60.

i mean, there are vanity reasons too... but that's number one.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between wanting to look super hot and also pushing myself to find out what I'm truly capable of.