I'm getting a little tired of this to be honest

Options

Replies

• jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Huge difference between posting for the benefit of others and posting to troll. Nobody gets sarcastic when they are genuinely trying to help others.

Egotistic types often post sarcastically when they are trying to massage their own ego or troll. Kind of funny, seeing overdeveloped ego's with so little self esteem. Funny, but common all the same. Its clearly compensating behavior.

This would be another example of someone weighing in on the be nice side by insulting and belittling others. Clearly the resolution is that no one gets to speak down to others except for mr.

And generally the sarcasm comes out to highlight the stupidity or logical inconsistency in the bad advice given by others.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Oh...it's one of these

:tongue:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You're right. Everyone here is great. They don't need any rude advice, they're special and wonderful and smart as they come. I don't even know why anyone would ask a question?

Everyone here is going to lose every pound they want because they're all the best!

You don't have to lift heavy if you don't want to, of course 2lb dumbbells are just as good. If you don't like running you shouldn't, it can be hard and junk. Eating healthy isn't fun and sometimes expensive, don't worry too much about it. You're great! There's no way you can fail!

Everybody thin yet?

*look at *kitten**

Nope.

What really get me is seeing someone ask a question and having all those people who have been doing this a whole 3 days give wrong Information.

That will get the snark going
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

I think she is right too!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind the same questions repeatedly, but then I have small children. I'm numb.

I DO mind when people want to take all the funny and personality out of the forums. They all just want a pat on the back. What about what I want? I want to be entertained while I get awesome information.

I am getting tired of complaining threads, which really aren't very positive either. Or funny. So, I'm out.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

I think she is right too!

I agree that MFP should be a place of support. But support doesn't just mean telling people what they want to hear or continually agreeing with people. supporting people sometimes means correcting then when they've got something wrong or helping them to understand where they might be going wrong.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm upset i can;t poop rainbows :bigsmile:

You can try eating about 1000 lbs of Skittles but I don't think it will help with calorie goals ... :tongue:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I'm upset i can;t poop rainbows :bigsmile:

You can try eating about 1000 lbs of Skittles but I don't think it will help with calorie goals ... :tongue:

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets their support differently. While YOU may want nothing but upbeat, serious, positive support....I on the other hand LOVE the snarky, sarcastic, @sshole threads....they help me to know that there are many sick b@stards out there that think just like me. Also, it breaks up the monotony of the SAME OLD *kitten*....

When it comes right now to it, if you don't like the topic, stay out of the thread.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am here for the good health advice, yes. It just bothers me seeing the other stuff. I guess I need to stop being so sensitive and worrying about the things other people are saying if it doesn't pertain to me.

It's a tough old world girl, strap on that helmet.

Hell if anything I advise people listen TO the snarky advice! They always seem to be the people who know what they're talking about and have had the most success. Most everyone who helped me has been banned from this site or is about to. Because of all the supportive, caring, kind people who don't want to hear what they have to say and click the report button like it burns calories.

I think it's just my opinion then that not being nasty and snarky works better in the long run. I don't ever want to put people off by being rude. I'm studying to be a dietitian and when I'm counseling my clients someday, I would never tear them down for not knowing something. Sure people need a little kick in the butt to straighten them out sometimes if they are downright wrong and stubborn about what they're thinking or doing. But snarking shouldn't be the very first thing you resort to when someone asks a question to which you think the answer is super obvious.

The key words in this statement: "my opinion".
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Don't the people who post in the chit chat forum making threads like "so if I don't eat breakfast will I go into starvation mode???" ever get tired of it? If you are tired of the same old threads cluttering up these boards, that's not helping the problem.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Don't the people who post in the chit chat forum making threads like "so if I don't eat breakfast will I go into starvation mode???" ever get tired of it? If you are tired of the same old threads cluttering up these boards, that's not helping the problem.
    But don't you people get tired of posting this thread all the time?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    dont stop believin.......
    Hold on to that feelin, street lights, people ooooo ooo ooooohhhhhh \m/

that reminds me of a story........there was just a small town girl living in the lonely world who took the midnight train going anywhere \m/
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great post sweetie!! I agree!

I have posted topics and people are just plain CRUDE!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I really love the threads "rate the person above you" and the same person posts over and over and over. And its usually the girl/guy with the really fabulous body and good looks, that has to be reminded that she has a really fabulous body and good looks.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

I've seen this same old self-righteous claptrap post loads of times. You're just complaining that everyone isn't like you when it boils down to it. I for one am glad that everyone isn't alike. I don't want all the 'YOU'RE AWESOME' cr@p, I appreciate funny people much more.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    +1
    Sing it Sister!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Part of the problem too, is those posters who ask a question, get advice, and then get all butthurt because they don't like the advice and start arguing with the other posters. That's going to bring out the snark, and well deserved too, IMO.

I think I love you.
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Very well stated. I agree 100%. I think a lot of 'those' people who get so irritated and snarky are just out there trolling the boards, looking for some topic or some newbie to pick on. If you don't like the question or response to someone's post, hit the backspace and move on to another topic. No need to leave your sarcasm dripping all over the place.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Very well stated. I agree 100%. I think a lot of 'those' people who get so irritated and snarky are just out there trolling the boards, looking for some topic or some newbie to pick on. If you don't like the question or response to someone's post, hit the backspace and move on to another topic. No need to leave your sarcasm dripping all over the place.
    If someone posts an answer I don't like, I should not post an objection? Where do you people get off?