I'm getting a little tired of this to be honest

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I wish I had so much extra time to try and push my views of how people should behave on internet forums onto everyone else.

That's crazy. Absolutely crazy.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I agree. I did post a topic about an issue like that a few moments ago, but it wasn't snarky - I always try to explain that I can only speak from my own experiences. :) There is NO reason to be mean.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Like!
  • lisa9803
    Options
    Well said! :drinker:
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh bumblebums! Just relax a bit on the reporting. When you report silly things that aren't really offensive just because you think they are (it could be just two friends kidding around), the mods start to become extra sensitive because they feel like they have to please everyone. So if you could relax a bit, then the mods will know that reports are done for real bullying, not just two friends joking. I'm sure there are insulting posts that aren't between two friends, but there are lots of friends who do joke on here. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Thanks--I am pretty relaxed, actually. I do yoga :)

Then why so uptight?

Careful, Bumblebums might find that offensive and report you!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Yepp there's a little clique here, very much like in high school where they get a real kick out of making others feel stupid. But I've noticed it's the same people over and over, the majority of the people on this site are kind and gracious. :flowerforyou:

^^This!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    does anyone else here feel like this now?

walking-on-eggshells.jpg
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've been reporting posts that insult other members. This is a large forum, and the moderators cannot get to every offensive post (of which there are many). I recommend everyone else do the same--report posts to the mods instead of engaging with the trolls, or just step away from the discussions.

that's not really fair

1. you cant tell when its two friends insulting each other
    2. everyone's definition of offensive is different
    3. if you get reported by three people, who did not actually get their feelings hurt- and just felt like clicking report report report for fun instead of ignoring it... then you get permanently banned. That's a harsh punishment for not even hurting someone's feelings and making a joke with someone on your friends list.

Way harsh.

Dont run around banning people from the forums just because you think there should be one standard kind of humor or interaction on here.

please?

Like I said somewhere else today, long time, successful users will be banned thanks to people who've been on the site for a month.

That's just not good at all.

^^ THIS EXACTLY! Yeah, not cool Bumble. Some of us joke around with each other and "get it".... and it's not necessarily being mean... humor can sometimes help when you're HANGRY, ya know.... a lot of people have been here a while and made some pretty cool friends over time. Remember, you are new to these forums... Relax, ok? Just sayin'....
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

This ^^
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

walking-on-eggshells.jpg

Better be careful, Crankstr. You don't want to get reported if someone is sensitive about eggs...or feet...or black and white photography...
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump. :sad:

oldposts_zps18587472.png
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just stick to your home page? Message boards aren't for everyone. I see very few "mean" comments. I don't think I'm a mean poster. I realize some people, including my ex-husband, could take offense at any comment. Now I'm feeling insecure..., but I refuse to blame you for making me feel that way. Stay where you're comfortable and have a great life.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Yepp there's a little clique here, very much like in high school where they get a real kick out of making others feel stupid. But I've noticed it's the same people over and over, the majority of the people on this site are kind and gracious. :flowerforyou:

^^This!

i'm going to disagree with this.

the target is never the poster of the bad information, only the bad information itself.

there are not bullies on here intentionally trying to make people cry into their cornflakes, no matter how comforting that may seem when you think you're being ganged up on.

this site without humor would be very tedious. daily threads about raspberry ketones. daily threads about weight loss affects due to TOM. daily threads about why wheat is bad for you. etc., with no relief from the absurdity of it all.

i don't know about you, but that does not sound like nirvana to me.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

walking-on-eggshells.jpg

Yes... all the damn time.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    totally agree
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

walking-on-eggshells.jpg

Yup.

dE4QQ.gif
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Very well said! I left MFP for awhile, in part because of the pervasive negativity. It's just such a drain to read people battering upon each other. I've used Spark People too, and oddly enough, there are very few rude, condescending remarks in that community. Even now that I'm back using MFP, I still try to stay away from the posts, because even if they're not aimed at me, I don't care to read hypercritical, non-motivational comments to others who are struggling or beginning their health and fitness journey.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

walking-on-eggshells.jpg

Yup.

dE4QQ.gif

^^OMG!! That one is hilarious!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I've been reporting posts that insult other members. This is a large forum, and the moderators cannot get to every offensive post (of which there are many). I recommend everyone else do the same--report posts to the mods instead of engaging with the trolls, or just step away from the discussions.

Oh! You were that kid in school. Gotcha.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Op should really consider changing username to preachyxoxo