• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    ONE! ONE Zombie thread! AH HAH HA HA HAAAAAAA
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump. :sad:

Was this the oldest thread you could find?
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    your horn!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    DATE
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It's as far back as I cared to look. If I was willing to keep diddling the URL I could've gone back forever but it turns into a PITA.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread needs braaaaiiiinnnnzz..

Oh, and one-nighter.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

This right here highlights the problem. Even the "can't we all get along" crowd waits until they get their digs in before softening it with a "can't we all get along".

personally, I dislike the forums because people ask for advice and then argue why the good advice they're getting won't work. Or they go into a thread and declare that a certain body type (generally strong women) is "gross". Or they start and "hear Hear" an unending number of threads with "aren't we all here for the same reason? Why can't we be positive and kind and buy the world a Coke and teach everyone to sing?"

It has truly gotten to where the forums are pretty much useless. I've found friends in there, but now, I have enough friends that the collective wisdom and badassery on my newsfeed is sufficient. I'll sometimes hopefully follow a friend into a thread. More often than not the experience is disappointing like this one.

Here's the thing, though, many of my friends I requested when I saw them trying to provide solid and sound advice only to be shouted down by special snowflakes that perform sorcery and are able to build muscle at a deficit that brings their intake below BMR and when they're not even doing a proper muscle building strength program (to name one such controversy around here). The OP of those threads (not this OP per se) or loudest person on the thread refused to listen, but I did, and I learned and that's good enough for me.

Just because someone asks a question around here doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to hear the answer and be polite. More often than not the "supportive attitude" problem can be laid at the feet of the obstinate jerk that wants to ask but will not hear an answer other than the one he or she wants.

So the answer above that Princess BeNiceButICanCallYouRude up there objected to is actually a good one. I spend much less time in the forums and it seems to keep me happier that way. But the problem isn't people who answer in a manner that is snarky, its the entitled attitude of people who can be rude to others and then in the next beat complain about lack of support.

I love you.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    2h6gbhzjpg.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

This right here highlights the problem. Even the "can't we all get along" crowd waits until they get their digs in before softening it with a "can't we all get along".

personally, I dislike the forums because people ask for advice and then argue why the good advice they're getting won't work. Or they go into a thread and declare that a certain body type (generally strong women) is "gross". Or they start and "hear Hear" an unending number of threads with "aren't we all here for the same reason? Why can't we be positive and kind and buy the world a Coke and teach everyone to sing?"

It has truly gotten to where the forums are pretty much useless. I've found friends in there, but now, I have enough friends that the collective wisdom and badassery on my newsfeed is sufficient. I'll sometimes hopefully follow a friend into a thread. More often than not the experience is disappointing like this one.

Here's the thing, though, many of my friends I requested when I saw them trying to provide solid and sound advice only to be shouted down by special snowflakes that perform sorcery and are able to build muscle at a deficit that brings their intake below BMR and when they're not even doing a proper muscle building strength program (to name one such controversy around here). The OP of those threads (not this OP per se) or loudest person on the thread refused to listen, but I did, and I learned and that's good enough for me.

Just because someone asks a question around here doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to hear the answer and be polite. More often than not the "supportive attitude" problem can be laid at the feet of the obstinate jerk that wants to ask but will not hear an answer other than the one he or she wants.

So the answer above that Princess BeNiceButICanCallYouRude up there objected to is actually a good one. I spend much less time in the forums and it seems to keep me happier that way. But the problem isn't people who answer in a manner that is snarky, its the entitled attitude of people who can be rude to others and then in the next beat complain about lack of support.

Holy hell. I think I am in love. :flowerforyou:

QFT
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mgpeu88AXF1rahs7c.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    It's as far back as I cared to look. If I was willing to keep diddling the URL I could've gone back forever but it turns into a PITA.

Bahahaha! So you did just resurrect this for the hell of it!

I'm amused. :laugh:
  • mommyof3j
    mommyof3j Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pressing the "like" button.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

You said diddle.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but some people were raised with comments like "What are you an idiot?", and I am not sure our country is a better place since we stopped behaving like that.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I did six others that were all exactly the same damn thing since I saw three brand new ones this morning that were all exactly the same damned thing.

I'm hoping to single-handedly convert the website into nothing but complaining about the website.

Ouroboros_normal.png

That's some intellectual trolling! Bwahahaha!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    2h6gbhzjpg.gif

wanna go to a club where people wee on each other
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I love you.

Yes!!! If we bought the entire world some coke we would be much nicer to each other! And oh the plans we would have!!

Oh wait....never mind
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

I did six others that were all exactly the same damn thing since I saw three brand new ones this morning that were all exactly the same damned thing.

I'm hoping to single-handedly convert the website into nothing but complaining about the website.

Ouroboros_normal.png

That's some intellectual trolling! Bwahahaha!

You can play too. Although I do feel as if it's maybe mean-spirited.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/707857-never-seen-a-community-forum-like-mfp-s
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/642472-does-the-anonymity-of-social-networks-allow-rudeness
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841662-everyone-here-is-so-mean
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,551 Member
    Options
    Men usually take "mocking" much better than women IMO. Probably why we think "busting balls" is a good way to bond.

If one is turned off by how someone answers, then take a pass on their response. Someone will end up giving you the information you seek.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ONE! ONE Zombie thread! AH HAH HA HA HAAAAAAA

HA!