Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Oh. It's one of these threads. *walks away*
    \
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't waste my valuable time thinking or being worried in any way about any bad attitudes I run into on the internet. It's just the internet, ffs.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.
    You all have every right to think what you want, is it supposed to be for support? Yeah probably but you know what, there is about 100 of these posts made every damn day. Whaaaaaa I am tired of the sarcasm... whaaaaaaa I am tired of people being mean. Lets all hold hands and sing kumbaya and *kitten* rainbows and glitters for everyone.

I am not really hear to blow sunshine up anyone's *kitten*... it really is simple, stay out of the forums if they bother you. Or if you see a thread that turned you off close it. Its the interwebs you are allowed to do that. Also 9 times out of 10 the sarcastic threads happen in the chit-chat fun and games section. If crap bothers you to the point that you need to make a post about it you should probably just stay out of the forums, and go to the groups where you can be with like minded people - groups are a wonderful thing.

You're so hardcore.

QFT... I really am hardcore... I lash out on the internets and make people feel bad about themselves all while sitting behind the screen eating chocolate cake and bon bons..

Really I am not that hardcore, I really am just tired of whiny cry baby threads like this one. NOT everyone likes each other its a fact of life.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You know what?

Chicken butt.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So I figured the people who post in those threads would read this and explain why they get so much of a kick out of it. That's really all I was curious about.
    You didn't post this because you were curious. Nice try, but we can all read the original post.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    What I see, is an OP who's misinformed, people seek to correct the information, then the original OP continues to ARGUE the wrong information. That's when people give up and resort to snark. Perfectly acceptable...
    This to a T.

Furthermore I'd like to add what a bunch of blistering idiots some of the people in this thread look.
    Complaining about the "snarky" people, and then re-arranging said posters names in a snarky manner themselves.

For those bearers of all truth light and love you look like hypocritical fools.

I'd just like to say that at the OP of this thread I think I've been pretty tactful the whole time. And while I'm glad some people seem to agree with me somewhat, it does really discredit their argument if they are acting the same way to others in this thread.

Also several people have mentioned that this is a "whiny" thread. I didn't think it sounded that whiny... does it? Haha.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    So I figured the people who post in those threads would read this and explain why they get so much of a kick out of it. That's really all I was curious about.
    You didn't post this because you were curious. Nice try, but we can all read the original post.

Here's the first paragraph of my post:
    Every single day I see multiple sarcastic posts mocking certain commonly held beliefs, ideologies, broscience claims, goals, etc. in regards to health and fitness. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but it's getting REALLY old. Like every time I open a thread and realize "...oh it's one of these..." I peace out.

Seeing yet another one of those threads is what spurred me to post about the general attitudes on these boards. I wanted to share my opinion on how people act on these boards, and figure out why people make so many of those type of posts in the chit chat forum.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Obviously you people take this stuff way more serious than I do after reading some of the comments that quotes mine from last night. Hoenstly why am I on here? because I can be, why are you on here? honestly I use MFP as a tool, I do not expect a million people to like me, in all honesty I am not even sure my actual MFP buddies like me at times , but I do not nor will I EVER make a post on the forum about it because I know I would get flamed for it. Making posts like these are really just asking for someone to say something rude, mean, or hurtful. Really just stay off the forums, I do for the most part but sometimes... my inner dialog gets out and well... I end up on some thread much like this being an *kitten*.

Am I perfect? oh dear god no, perfection doesn`t exist. I pride myself on being the square peg in a round hole. I am really OK with not being perfect.

As for the comment I made with the glitters and rainbows in it. I said you were allowed to think what you want, but in that case so am I. And I think that everyone needs to calm down, and have some cake, pull your panties out of your butts and just deal with the fact that some people are mean, much like in real life.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Here's the first paragraph of my post:
    Every single day I see multiple sarcastic posts mocking certain commonly held beliefs, ideologies, broscience claims, goals, etc. in regards to health and fitness. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but it's getting REALLY old. Like every time I open a thread and realize "...oh it's one of these..." I peace out.

Seeing yet another one of those threads is what spurred me to post about the general attitudes on these boards. I wanted to share my opinion on how people act on these boards, and figure out why people make so many of those type of posts in the chit chat forum.

I hope you got what you wanted when you posted this topic. I can't wait for the next, 'Why can't we all just get along?' post....luckily there'll probably be another one within the hour. There are just so many of these types of posts in the forums. It just gets REALLY old.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

^^ I agree 100%. Why should she stay out of the forums.....because she's got a valid point? How about if you don't like the question being asked or a comment being stated don't post on it? Exit and move on without leaving rudes comments like the above poster did to the OP poster.

More examples of positivity in pursuit of a more civil internets. Again, folks, if you're gonna agree with the OP and her call for more diplomacy in the giving of advice, maybe be more diplomatic in your agreements. Or, you could act like a bully and tell people when they can and cannot post and call them rude. Apparently that's more fun.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    I hope you got what you wanted when you posted this topic. I can't wait for the next, 'Why can't we all just get along?' post....luckily there'll probably be another one within the hour. There are just so many of these types of posts in the forums. It just gets REALLY old.

I did. I appreciate everyone who responded.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pressing the "like" button.

^^ THIS ^^
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    For reference, this is the post I read before writing this. The type of post I was referring to and had in mind in my OP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/691809-i-was-thinking-about-working-out-today-but
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For reference, this is the post I read before writing this. The type of post I was referring to and had in mind in my OP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/691809-i-was-thinking-about-working-out-today-but

See, perhaps it's different perspectives.
    But on this particular forum, that makes me chuckle. Now should it be on "motivation and support" no.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

But on this particular forum, that makes me chuckle. Now should it be on "motivation and support" no.

Yeah... I saw that as someone, who's had INCREDIBLE progress, taking a good-natured poke at the silliness that goes on around here.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

This is hilarious and it's people having harmless fun. Incidentally I have seen these same people give good advice where genuine questions are asked. Trying to police the forum because you don't like something is a pointless Sisyphean task.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options

Yeah... I saw that as someone, who's had INCREDIBLE progress, taking a good-natured poke at the silliness that goes on around here.

Yeah the OP has had amazing progress! But it wasn't just her posting in that thread. And I see so many threads exactly like that. I was just wondering why I see that same thread all the time. Like I have said a couple times, I thought it was funny the first time I read such a thread but now it seems sorta mean keeping in mind the perspective of people who actually do post things like that on here, not knowing better.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people get punchy and a bit stir crazy when they've been posting here a long time. Sometimes they post silly nonsense in response to that stir-crazy-ness... and sometimes they post "why are you people acting this way?" threads in response to it. :wink:

I've been a member of a lot of forums, I run my own and I'd been a mod on a pretty big techie site at one time, and no matter how many rules a site has, no matter how kind and gentle the atmosphere is... someone always thinks it's horrible.

This site is really, really tame. Lurk about on the bodybuilder's forum for a bit, or dating advice sites that cater to young men who fancy themselves pickup artists, and you'll think this site is all kittens, ice cream and rainbows. :smile:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hell if anything I advise people listen TO the snarky advice! They always seem to be the people who know what they're talking about and have had the most success.

I've found this to be true. These people tend to know their stuff and aren't going to be swayed by the latest fad or misinformation on the news. They're confident enough about their knowledge to be snarky because they know they're right...and usually are.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    dung bucket

:laugh:

I agree with you. There are a bunch of negative nancy's here. I just think dung bucket is HILARIOUS. Say it with me d..u...n...g bucket.
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    PancakeRabbit.jpg