Options

Replies

• embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You rock. Very well said!
  • ZForce915
    Options
    Gotta state another viewpoint.......and not trying to start an argument....just want to say..........Some of these people might go about it the wrong way, but a lot of times the information is correct. There is a lot of stupidity on these forums that runs rampant.....would you prefer for them to go unchallenged and have people believe the nonsense?

I always ask someone who challenges any notion to back up the claim with some kind of data. I've yet to get a response when I ask.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    You can create a group for only positive support, and kick anyone out that doesn't abide. BAM I am solving all kinds of problems today :smile:

I say this because the forums have never and will never change and your post topic has been posted everyday since I have been on here, and nothing has changed one iota from it, you need to think differently to solve this problem
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    why is this posted in the chit chat fun and games forums?

It is none of these things.

It should be posted in the WAHH I DONT LIKE THE WAY PEOPLE HAVE FUN IN THE FUN SECTION OF THIS SITE section of the forums.
    :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What I see, is an OP who's misinformed, people seek to correct the information, then the original OP continues to ARGUE the wrong information. That's when people give up and resort to snark. Perfectly acceptable...
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think a large part of it is the fact that it's online, and a LOT of people (self not included) tend to think that's an excuse to be ruder, crueler, and less sensitive to others feelings than they would in public. After all, they rationalize that it's not REAL people they're insulting, just online ones. But the problem is, it's all real people.

I don't say anything online that I wouldn't say if that person were sitting here in the room, staring straight at me, and I really don't see why other people can't extend that same respect when they post, too. And if you ARE doing that, and really would fling those kind of insults to a total stranger in a crowded room full of opinionated people...well then, you're not someone I'd tend to put on my guest list.

(I say that because calling you an outright douche over that would be rude. See how that works?)

You have class ! Not common on the threads.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Oh. It's one of these threads. *walks away*
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

It should be posted in the WAHH I DONT LIKE THE WAY PEOPLE HAVE FUN IN THE FUN SECTION OF THIS SITE section of the forums.

I don't really think I have that sort of whining attitude. I think it's a legit thing to address. And I posted because this is the part of the forum where I see those mocking type threads every day. So I figured the people who post in those threads would read this and explain why they get so much of a kick out of it. That's really all I was curious about. Like I said in another post, I thought it was funny the first time I read such a thread, but when I started seeing that same sort of post multiple times a day.... people saying the exact same things over and over and over... I dunno... it just seems lame to me. So I don't participate in it anymore. But if people find it fun to post in those sort of threads than I don't wanna bother them. They can continue to post and I will continue to hit the back button in my browser.

Thanks to every person who has replied to this thread, I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

I don't really think I have that sort of whining attitude. I think it's a legit thing to address. And I posted because this is the part of the forum where I see those mocking type threads every day. So I figured the people who post in those threads would read this and explain why they get so much of a kick out of it. That's really all I was curious about. Like I said in another post, I thought it was funny the first time I read such a thread, but when I started seeing that same sort of post multiple times a day.... people saying the exact same things over and over and over... I dunno... it just seems lame to me. So I don't participate in it anymore. But if people find it fun to post in those sort of threads than I don't wanna bother them. They can continue to post and I will continue to hit the back button in my browser.

Thanks to every person who has replied to this thread, I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

One person's 'lame' is another person's 'not so lame'. What's 'lame' to me is this kind of self-indulgent whining and people who can't have a bit of craic.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

^^ I agree 100%. Why should she stay out of the forums.....because she's got a valid point? How about if you don't like the question being asked or a comment being stated don't post on it? Exit and move on without leaving rudes comments like the above poster did to the OP poster.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

That's kinda rude. I think she's right - MFP should be a place for supporting one another and being uplifting, not for tearing other people down.

^^ I agree 100%. Why should she stay out of the forums.....because she's got a valid point? How about if you don't like the question being asked or a comment being stated don't post on it? Exit and move on without leaving rudes comments like the above poster did to the OP poster.

Or like you just did to me?! Irony anyone?
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Or like you just did to me?! Irony anyone?

1st I'd have to be quoting you and I wasn't. 2nd I'd have to be rude in my reply and I wasn't.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options
    #
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options

This^^^
    If its a subject you have emotions connected to, "chit chat fun & games" is obiously not the place to post it. The forum title should be a pretty clear indicator of the type of activity going on.
    Threads about the same things over and over do get annoying, particularly when there are a couple of threads on the boards at the same time. I do see how newbies can errently repeat an oft asked question without intending to be a pain. There is that search button up there though and most message boards have them dont they?
    Aside from that, personal attacks and insults arent really welcome anywhere on the boards and the mods are usually good about putting a stop to it if they are aware of it.

JMO:flowerforyou:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options

This^^^
    If its a subject you have emotions connected to, "chit chat fun & games" is obiously not the place to post it. The forum title should be a pretty clear indicator of the type of activity going on.
    Threads about the same things over and over do get annoying, particularly when there are a couple of threads on the boards at the same time. I do see how newbies can errently repeat an oft asked question without intending to be a pain. There is that search button up there though and most message boards have them dont they?
    Aside from that, personal attacks and insults arent really welcome anywhere on the boards and the mods are usually good about putting a stop to it if they are aware of it.

JMO:flowerforyou:

Well like some people have said in response to this thread, it's the internet, and we are allowed to post whatever/wherever we want. I explained several posts above why I put it in this specific part of the forum.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    One person's 'lame' is another person's 'not so lame'. What's 'lame' to me is this kind of self-indulgent whining and people who can't have a bit of craic.

Why do you say it's self indulgent? Because it's my opinion?
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Then the resulting responses should not be a surprise, thats all I'm saying.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    Options
    Then the resulting responses should not be a surprise, thats all I'm saying.

Ah, okay. Well I'm not surprised by them. I know everyone has their own opinions and I'm not going to change them, but I just wanted to share mine because I felt it was worth bringing up.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What I see, is an OP who's misinformed, people seek to correct the information, then the original OP continues to ARGUE the wrong information. That's when people give up and resort to snark. Perfectly acceptable...
    This to a T.

Furthermore I'd like to add what a bunch of blistering idiots some of the people in this thread look.
    Complaining about the "snarky" people, and then re-arranging said posters names in a snarky manner themselves.

For those bearers of all truth light and love you look like hypocritical fools.