I'm getting a little tired of this to be honest

Options

Replies

• Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    Definitely agree, this is why most times I avoid posting because someone always has something smart to say, I've never once been rude to anyone so I won't take it from anyone either.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    They're not mean or sarcastic posts... they're idiot *****slaps. Think of them as a kind of smelling salts to wake up sleeping fools.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    when someone posts a picture of a female body build and says "i don't want to look like this, so i'm going to not do any strength training," you're going to get a snarky response.

when someone posts up "why am i not losing weight" and their diary shows a sub-1000 calorie, you're going to get a snarky response.

when someone severely overweight says they can't somehow can't eat more then 1200 calories, you're going to get a snarky response.

when someone asks what is the "absolute best way to build muscle/reduce back fat/get a thigh gap" you're going to get a snarky response.

but what i hate (and i try not to post in those threads) is when someone asks how to get the quickest results possible, like, 6 weeks or less. in a way they're saying that all the time and effort that i've been putting in for this last year mean nothing, that i could've done in just six week. because if i post in that thread, i'll get perma-banned because i'll fly off the handle.

THIS!! so very much THIS!!

i will admit, readily and without much remorse, that i am VERY sarcastic. it's just how i'm set. that said, if there's an honest question, from someone with 2 posts, i - and most of my sarcastic brethren - tend to give the answer first. you'll still get the sarcasm.. but the answer will be there too.

however, like Apollo says above, if you're being rediculous or trying to tout that there is a "miracle" out there - then you will get shat upon with the utmost hilarity.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    when someone posts a picture of a female body build and says "i don't want to look like this, so i'm going to not do any strength training," you're going to get a snarky response.

when someone posts up "why am i not losing weight" and their diary shows a sub-1000 calorie, you're going to get a snarky response.

when someone severely overweight says they can't somehow can't eat more then 1200 calories, you're going to get a snarky response.

when someone asks what is the "absolute best way to build muscle/reduce back fat/get a thigh gap" you're going to get a snarky response.

but what i hate (and i try not to post in those threads) is when someone asks how to get the quickest results possible, like, 6 weeks or less. in a way they're saying that all the time and effort that i've been putting in for this last year mean nothing, that i could've done in just six week. because if i post in that thread, i'll get perma-banned because i'll fly off the handle.

This <3

There are nice people and not so nice people in the world. There are people who get a kick out of being mean to other people so that they can get a rise out of them. The one thing that I hate is when people post a question and then they refuse to accept the answer, arguing why that won't work for them.

Then there are OPs who I wonder about why they posted the thread. In truth, I think some people post threads that are argumentative so that they get their thread posted in the newsfeed. 'Oh, look my thread made the top five!'. Come on, if you post a thread about eating only 600 calories a day and still not losing weight, do you really think that all you are going to get is support? Someplace back in that person's wee tiny brain there is a cell saying, "Hey, let's see how the **** hits the fan with this one". Okay. Some people post things that are just asking for negative comments. Then again, some people post negative comments on posts that are fair questions.

In the end, though, there is one thing that you have control of --- your own emotions. When someone posts a negative response to something that I post, I shrug my shoulders and move on. We are all adults here, but some choose to act like children. That's life. I know that you posted this to get people to realize that their behavior is bad, but please realize that no matter what you post, you won't change these people. Some may not even realize how caustic their postings are and this may be due to lack of social skills in general.

For me, I read threads with one expectation - it will eventually deteriorate. If it does, my expectations have been met. If it doesn't deteriorate, then I am pleasantly surprised. Either way, I am never disappointed.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

i will admit, readily and without much remorse, that i am VERY sarcastic. it's just how i'm set. that said, if there's an honest question, from someone with 2 posts, i - and most of my sarcastic brethren - tend to give the answer first. you'll still get the sarcasm.. but the answer will be there too.

however, like Apollo says above, if you're being rediculous or trying to tout that there is a "miracle" out there - then you will get shat upon with the utmost hilarity.

I love my friends with personality...

do penguins **** a lot?
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think some of the mfp old timers it's got to head a little as I agree sometimes they forget there's genuine newbies that know NOTHING and want ALOT of advice, I feel bad for some people - i'm 8 weeks in and have my bad days and had to delete some of friends as all they wrote was 'your doing everything wrong' and i'd say can you tell me whats wrong and they'd say something like 'do you really not know?' and i feel worse than I did starting!

I don't care who's hot in here
    I don't care what your avvie picture is
    I don't care what religion you are
    I don't care colour of your skin
    I don't care if you have 500lb to lose or 5lb to lose or have to gain weight

I do care if your a nice person - this i mean give constructive critism too
    I do care If you want this - and you do thats why your here

I just dont get it where all here for same reason yet everyone as fights

Yes most of us still struggle, still have junk food, still do things wrong but thats what we here for to help eachother, I even see some people in here mock people who hae gotten fat or 2 skinny - that can be really hurtful to some as there's people in here trying to recover from eating disorders - EVERYONE in here are here because they are TRYING

Well Said
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    You go girl!! I completely agree!! I also have something to add... Everyone is not as "focused" as some, it is a struggle for a lot of people. I was deleted by a "pal" and when I accepted her request, I read her page. Omg I could not believe the REQUIREMENTS to be her pal!! It was like if you don't reply to my posts, congratulate me, exercise much etc I WILL DELETE YOU. I thought she may be inspiring, I was wrong! Some of us have 40+ hours a week jobs and cannot work out 3 to 4 times a day and honestly some of us are struggling with meal to meal, day to day. I noticed this week I was deleted, and I kind of laughed. I purposely hadn't been commenting on her, she just got on my nerves. Anyway, that may have been off the subject but people are on here to get support and to be inspired. Not to be coached by people who think they are perfect and should do exactly as they do. I cleaned up my friends list and inspired myself a little!!!
    :drinker:
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with seeing the same thing posted again and again when seemingly the person hasn't bothered to use search function.

Also check where the thread is posted!

If it's in chit-chat fun and games then this is to be expected, see:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/692282-weights-bad

Very funny!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: (CLAPPING HANDS) AMEN!!!!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: (CLAPPING HANDS) AMEN!!!!!

CLAPPING FOR OP!!
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This seems like such an attention getting post. I find it completely unnecessary.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

do penguins **** a lot?
    They really do, you'd be surprised.
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I learn new and seemingly stupid things everyday on this journey..apparently those people were just born fitness gurus...

It is like everything else... some people were just born experts. I agree with many before me... either give advice or keep your nose out of it. Evidently, they are people who have no power or control in their lives, so feel they have to control others. Basically, the bullies of the world. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to put people down, insult them, or be argumentative.
    I don't know about you, but I am constantly learning.

"The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If people could learn to use the 'search' function on the forums, there would be no need for the exasperation when someone posts the 247th 'stavation mode' thread of the day... or 'must I eat breakfast?' ... or 'Body by Vi - is it a scam?'

:flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Gotta state another viewpoint.......and not trying to start an argument....just want to say..........Some of these people might go about it the wrong way, but a lot of times the information is correct. There is a lot of stupidity on these forums that runs rampant.....would you prefer for them to go unchallenged and have people believe the nonsense?

I want the right information presented. Like I said before though, it could just be done more tactfully.

I am all for using tact in diplomacy in communication, but what I find is that one someone challenges a popularly held belief that is inaccurate, the individual spreading misinformation usually immediately jumps to the defensive and refuses to accept the possibility that they might be wrong. Things usually spiral out of control from there. Many of these folks that you are referring to have become a bit jaded as they are attacked for being right in almost every single thread. Many of them take a sarcastic approach from the onset because they have become accustomed to a certain attitude when trying to offer quality advice and correct information. If you are new at this and are here to learn, then you should be a little more open-minded and gracious. I promise, you will get a completely different attitude from those same individuals.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

do penguins **** a lot?

krill moves RIGHT through you!!!
  • nicole9008
    Options
    After my first thread I started went to shhit in literally three posts I lowered my expectations of everyone on here and am now just mildly amused by the snarkiness. I have to admit the general forums are not for the faint of heart but you can get amazing support in the groups. I now just read or post in the forums when I'm bored as shhit. Which I think is what lots of other people do which is why there is hardly any useful information. But to be fair its a lot more interesting to read peoples biitch fights and pissing contests than supportive feed back. Haha
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Huge difference between posting for the benefit of others and posting to troll. Nobody gets sarcastic when they are genuinely trying to help others.

Egotistic types often post sarcastically when they are trying to massage their own ego or troll. Kind of funny, seeing overdeveloped ego's with so little self esteem. Funny, but common all the same. Its clearly compensating behavior.

Couldn't agree more.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If people could learn to use the 'search' function on the forums, there would be no need for the exasperation when someone posts the 247th 'stavation mode' thread of the day... or 'must I eat breakfast?' ... or 'Body by Vi - is it a scam?'

:flowerforyou:
    It's not a scam, contact me at gimmeyourmoney@sucker.com, I am a distributor!