I'm getting a little tired of this to be honest

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I did six others that were all exactly the same damn thing since I saw three brand new ones this morning that were all exactly the same damned thing.

I'm hoping to single-handedly convert the website into nothing but complaining about the website.

Ouroboros_normal.png

SO YOU ARE TO BLAME!

Except you really aren't, because there really has been three brand new ones today. Huh. (Also the snake really does eat its own tail here, doesn't it?)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,551 Member
    Options
    In reality, when all else fails............................just consult me.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha! So you did just resurrect this for the hell of it!

I'm amused. :laugh:

I did six others that were all exactly the same damn thing since I saw three brand new ones this morning that were all exactly the same damned thing.

I'm hoping to single-handedly convert the website into nothing but complaining about the website.

Ouroboros_normal.png

That's some intellectual trolling! Bwahahaha!

You can play too. Although I do feel as if it's maybe mean-spirited.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/707857-never-seen-a-community-forum-like-mfp-s
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/642472-does-the-anonymity-of-social-networks-allow-rudeness
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841662-everyone-here-is-so-mean

That's okay. I've got to get back to work. But I will be stalk... I mean, err... watching you for more of your hijinks! LOL!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    In reality, when all else fails............................just consult me.:laugh:

Zombie threads notwithstanding . . . THIS. For true. :happy:
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is like the fourth or fifth "you guys are so mean" post I've seen in two days.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I dunno...what do you charge? hahahaha :tongue:
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start a MFP drinking game. Every time I see one of these threads, I'm going to take a shot. I might not lose weight but at least I'll get drunk.
  • QueenJaneRoughly
    Options
    Why don't you just ignore it? X out the thread, go to a new one.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I've been reporting posts that insult other members. This is a large forum, and the moderators cannot get to every offensive post (of which there are many). I recommend everyone else do the same--report posts to the mods instead of engaging with the trolls, or just step away from the discussions.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I've been reporting posts that insult other members. This is a large forum, and the moderators cannot get to every offensive post (of which there are many). I recommend everyone else do the same--report posts to the mods instead of engaging with the trolls, or just step away from the discussions.

that's not really fair

1. you cant tell when its two friends insulting each other
    2. everyone's definition of offensive is different
    3. if you get reported by three people, who did not actually get their feelings hurt- and just felt like clicking report report report for fun instead of ignoring it... then you get permanently banned. That's a harsh punishment for not even hurting someone's feelings and making a joke with someone on your friends list.

Way harsh.

Dont run around banning people from the forums just because you think there should be one standard kind of humor or interaction on here.

please?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

that's not really fair

3. if you get reported by three people, who did not actually get their feelings hurt- and just felt like clicking report report report for fun instead of ignoring it... then you get permanently banned. That's a harsh punishment for not even hurting someone's feelings and making a joke with someone on your friends list.

Way harsh.

Dont run around banning people from the forums just because you think there should be one standard kind of humor or interaction on here.

please?

Like I said somewhere else today, long time, successful users will be banned thanks to people who've been on the site for a month.

That's just not good at all.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously, people are FAR too sensitive lately. Everything is always someone else's fault, they are always being attacked, always the victim. Why can people hold themselves a little more accountable and say hey, I don't like what I am reading so I won't read it. I will move on. I will ignore said users because my sense of what is funny or entertaining is not the same as theirs. Why make others conform to how you think and feel. Why not leave them be and let them do their thing and you do yours!
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    2013: Year of the Sensitive Side of MFP

6193eabf.jpg
  • bumblebums
    Options

that's not really fair

Way harsh.

please?

The mods are doing the banning, not I. I assume they have rules that they use to decide when a comment crosses the line between playful banter and attack. (And by the way, it's usually pretty clear from the context when someone is attacking a new person who can't possibly be friends with the attacker.)

My rule for behaving on the internet is that when I start worrying about being misinterpreted for something I write, I don't write it. It really works quite well--I've never been banned from anywhere.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    Options
    Oh bumblebums! Just relax a bit on the reporting. When you report silly things that aren't really offensive just because you think they are (it could be just two friends kidding around), the mods start to become extra sensitive because they feel like they have to please everyone. So if you could relax a bit, then the mods will know that reports are done for real bullying, not just two friends joking. I'm sure there are insulting posts that aren't between two friends, but there are lots of friends who do joke on here. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

The mods are doing the banning, not I. I assume they have rules that they use to decide when a comment crosses the line between playful banter and attack. (And by the way, it's usually pretty clear from the context when someone is attacking a new person who can't possibly be friends with the attacker.)

My rule for behaving on the internet is that when I start worrying about being misinterpreted for something I write, I don't write it. It really works quite well--I've never been banned from anywhere.

I've looked and a number of your posts could be reported. Not being supportive, foul language...

Now I would never report you for that. It seems like you're a smart person and helpful user. But someone else could for whatever reason and you would be banned.

I prefer a world where we don't all run around seeing how fast we can tell on each other. Because you never know when it might come back to bite you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

that's not really fair

Way harsh.

please?

THE MODS DONT MAKE THAT CALL - they trust the person reporting it!!!!!!

im offended by some people's thin skin, should i have them permanently banned from a site meant to help them get healthy??

im really sorry that people keep encouraging people to ban users. You should encourage people to be tolerant.

to me, you are the offending user and I try to hide from people like you.
  • bumblebums
    Options
    Oh bumblebums! Just relax a bit on the reporting. When you report silly things that aren't really offensive just because you think they are (it could be just two friends kidding around), the mods start to become extra sensitive because they feel like they have to please everyone. So if you could relax a bit, then the mods will know that reports are done for real bullying, not just two friends joking. I'm sure there are insulting posts that aren't between two friends, but there are lots of friends who do joke on here. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Thanks--I am pretty relaxed, actually. I do yoga :)
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Every single day I see multiple sarcastic posts mocking certain commonly held beliefs, ideologies, broscience claims, goals, etc. in regards to health and fitness. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but it's getting REALLY old. Like every time I open a thread and realize "...oh it's one of these..." I peace out.

Be honest people. There was also a time when you didn't know much about health or nutrition. Most people on MFP are here because they are trying to make a change. They are trying to learn more about how they can improve their health. No need to be snarky because someone brings up starvation mode, for example. We've all grown up hearing certain things about what's good and what's bad as far as nutrition goes so why be so mean when someone brings up one of those topics? You probably held those beliefs at one point in time yourself. I just think it would be nice if more people were willing to be supportive and tactful, instead of mocking. With the type of posts I mentioned above, I know you're just trying to have fun and all, but in my opinion, it's not kind or supportive at all. No one should ever be made to feel alienated by people who "know better" or know more, before they even get a chance to get started on their journey.

So, anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Thanks guys.

agree with OP
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    Options

Thanks--I am pretty relaxed, actually. I do yoga :)

Then why so uptight?