Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• ABKnyc
    ABKnyc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    half and half
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much given up all beverages except water -- OJ, Coke, and I've cut way back on alcoholic beverages, although I do enjoy an occasional mixed drink or glass of wine.

Pasta with creamy pesto sauce used to be my favorite dish, but I've given that up completely. I just *can't* eat it without going completely overboard. Maybe someday I'll be able to eat it again.

I enjoy pretty much everything else in moderation and have some cheat days thrown in now and then.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    All fast foods
    All fried foods
    Starbucks
    Sweets (cookies, cake, candy)
    All sugar drinks like soda
    White bread
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I completely gave up Dunkin Donuts coffee & muffin. Sometimes I go and get a black coffee with splenda and put my own cream in but it's damn hard not to get my corn muffin so I just don't go. I also gave up pizza and french fries...major binge foods. For me it's easier right now to give something up completely than to have "everything in moderation"
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    Chocolate
    Biscuits (UK) They're cookies in America
    Sweets - Candy in America
    Crisps - Chips in America
    Chips - Fries in America
    Cake
    Pizza
    Ice cream
    Pasta
    Pretty much all junk food. Still eating bread and cheese, though. And 2 units of alcohol every fortnight. Ish ;)
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Vodka, sicilian pizza, pasta and milkshakes. Not worth it!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of french fries and doritos...
  • cremy1016
    cremy1016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Twinkies. You know that guy from Zombieland that goes nuts looking for them after the apocalypse? That's going to be me. But only after the zombies come. Right now, I know better. I don't even allow myself to have just one, because it would be bad. It would be my gateway back to the old me.

But I miss them.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bread, flour, corn, rice, potatoes
    ^ This
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing......while I make a concerted effort to eat well most of the time if I'm in the mood for something in particular and I'm within my calories I'll have a small portion. I suspect that many diets fail as they ban certain foods which leaves the dieter feeling deprived.

The bottom line is that those of us looking to lose weight need to retrain our brains to make self-control and portion management the norm not just say a certain food is bad and therefore banished. Sorry, I would not enjoy the prospect of never eating pizza or potuine etc again, they're not staples of my diet (they used to be...).
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Only one...Doritos, Potato Chips etc. because I absolutely have no stop with those. Everything else I have no issue with moderation but put a bag of Fritos in front of me and an hour later I am in a carb/salt stupor.
  • lovesdarkchocolate
    Options
    Diet soda (long ago), and anything containing artificial sweeteners, including HFCS, MSG, BHT, and gluten. I do my best to avoid soy but with everthing else on the avoid list sometimes soy slips in....
  • grniys
    grniys Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fried foods and anything that has an ingredients list that takes a science book to understand.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm trying to stay the course until I get my weight to where I want it. There is only one type of food that I'm willing to give up till I achieve my goal and that is DEEP FRY. This is fairly easy since I the only time I eat deep fry is at the resaurants.
    When I hit my goals, I'll indulge in moderation, but it'll be very selective.
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Poptarts :( 400 cal per package.
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and Soft Drinks.
    Chocolate.
    Fried Foods.
    Bread.
    Butter and Cream.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Gluten, out of necessity only.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    None.
  • cheercoach80
    Options
    Fried foods.... Definitely don't miss them now though! :)
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    None. I still eat everything, just less of it! I could never give up the things I love - NEVER!