Replies

• AndieP85
    AndieP85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • audreytalab12
    audreytalab12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt, blueberries and sliced strawberries with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. And some green tea.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothie every morning. Almond milk, banana, frozen mixed fruit and some cinnamon. I take it to work and "eat" it there. Sometimes I mix in flax, or natural peanut butter, or some kind of nuts but usually it's just fruit and almond milk.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    breakfast smoothie

add to blender and buzz
    1/4 cup low fat yogurt
    1/2 cup all bran original
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 cup water

You can change up protein flavors, change fruit, add spinach, kale or pumpkin add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice etc
    It can be a different smoothie every day.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    I have my organic kale, chard, and spinach cleaned and ready to grab in a freezer bag in the fridge. It takes less than 5 minutes to sautéed them in olive oil and then when cooked, I add two scrambled egg whites with a little garlic salt. DELISH! Tastes like its cooked in butter. I eliminate any cheese cause I'm Paleo plus dairy sensitive. Amazing how much this fills me. I usually will grab some walnuts and a fruit (donut peach).
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have regularly 1/4-1/3 dry oats (quick oat kind), packet of Truvia, about 1/2cup skim milk (or almond milk), cinnamon, almond slivers, and dried cranberries...you can add unsweetened shredded coconut or different types of nuts for protien/healthy fats...I've also made it with a spoonful of coconut milk. Thats what I usually have during my workweek. I prepare it the night before, heat it for 2 minutes and take it to work to eat at my desk.

Weekends, my boyfriend and I have eggs and toast--I crack four eggs, giving him one whole egg and three yolks. I eat the other three egg whites with sautee'd kale, red peppers, zucchini, summer squash and onions. I have 1 piece of bountiful baskets 9 grain organic sandwich bread (only 65 cal. per slice) with 1 tbs peanut or almond butter. I will eat fruit with this if I'm not full--usually blueberries or melon, or strawberries or tomato. Strawberries sliced on the almond butter tastes decadent.

Although skipping breakfast is fewer calories, I've always been under the impression that starting your day with a healthy and filling meal high in protien and variety sets the tone for what you eat all day. When I skipped breakfast, I gained weight because I always went after craving-type foods and not what was good for me due to me feeling so hungry.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    I wish I could eat egg yokes but they upset my stomach instantly. Not sure why. I stick to egg whites.
  • SportyLadyPhotographer
    Options
    porridge with fruit and nuts
    garnola nutty cereal with yoghurt and fruit, I love this and have them everyday :L
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I typically rotate between one of the following:

a fruit smoothie with almond milk, greek yogurt & flax seeds
    a bowl of oatmeal with sliced bananas or strawberries & a packet of stevia
    1 scrambled egg with turkey smoked sausage & whole grain Naan flatbread
    a yogurt, granola & strawberry parfait
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs!!!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Greek Omelet from Eatingwell.com

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/greek_omelet.html

You can make it ahead of time and save it in the fridge, it makes two good sized portions and its so yummy :)
  • StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    egg on bread, simple and about a 5 min.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Usually, I'll have oatmeal and flax seeds. Sometimes, I'll add pumpkin or peanut butter. Yum yum! :)
  • hiddensvelte
    hiddensvelte Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cheerios or granola or eggs or bananas ......
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating breakfast because I was eating more than I used to.

Instead I just snack on dried fruits and nuts.
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Activia yogurt and fruit. Sometimes an egg if I have boiled some on the weekend. You can also scramble an egg in the microwave in about 66 seconds.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of cereal wit fruit, or a piece of 100% whole wheat not toasted with peanut butter on it. :)
    or leftovers from the night before, now that my portions are normal size, I always have leftovers, which is new for me! :)
  • nashvillern
    nashvillern Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On the days I don't feel like cooking/eating breakfast I have either a Chobani greek yogurt or I drink Ultramet Lite Chocolate Fudge protein shakes. The shake tastes like Swiss miss and keeps you full for several hours and the Lite version has 220calories I think. I also keep a box of prepackaged Oatmeal at work.
    When I do feel like cooking I do an egg scramble with my fave veggies like onions, bell peppers, zucchini, and a very small amount of cheese.
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I have cereal with yoghurt and fruit, usually an apple or a banana, and of course some water :smile: :smile:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with fruit. Fruit smoothies. Protein bars. Sometimes I just grab a piece of fruit.