Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Potato chips & french fries. Simply because of my inability to not control myself with them.
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have given up nothing. I have learned to eat some things only in moderation. I will have a salad and one slice of pizza instead of half of a large pizza. It works for me.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    ughh.. would be a long list so I'll just post a few

1. Regular Coke
    2. Pasta (not willingly, just can't seem to find a healthy pasta recipe that I know I'd like)
    3. Anything fast food
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    CHOCOLATE, but not so much for fitness as for my migraines :o(

2 months migraine free, but it was a very touchy subject for a while...I'd cry just talking about chocolate and how much I missed it LOL well, after 29 yrs of loving it.....I guess we know why i'm on here :o/ LOL
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Starbucks (although I make my own coffee at home)
    Potato chips

I still eat everything else I like, just with moderation :) I don't drink soda or eat chips anymore because they make me crazy and I can't seem to stop at just one can (or one bag!). I cut out the Starbucks because although I enjoy grabbing a delicious yet overpriced latte from them every couple of weeks, I'd rather spend that 300+ calories on something I can eat that will actually fill me up!
  • koalahugs
    Options
    Soda. I gave it up after I graduated high school. I can't believe i had it multiple times a day. Now I can't really even stomach it.
  • divinediane2
    Options
    I don't eat the process hamburgers or fries...however, I did eat a Popeye's chicken (breast) the other day and my stomach had a field trip (to the bathroom:sick:
  • Bobbie_89
    Bobbie_89 Posts: 146
    Options
    Nothing really! I've just limited my intake on alot of favorite foods. I still allow myself to eat chocolate of pizza IF it fits into my calorie intake for the day and I make sure I workout on that day.
  • meowchii
    meowchii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I gave up meat 2 years ago, I have given up all foods containing high fructose corn syrup, I do not eat any white bread/pasta etc, and I never touch fast food! I have much more energy and feel great now. I used to suffer from acid reflux. Giving up meat really helped, have not had indigestion since. I now eat a lot of beans/legumes for protein and I love fish/seafood. : ]
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Soda
  • indyang77
    indyang77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If it has no nutritional value, I don't eat it.
  • Brianne61292
    Brianne61292 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    meat, fish, cheese, anything pre-package, snack cakes, store bought sweets, candy, white bread, ice cream, and probably some other stuff I have forgotten... haha, it's a pretty long list. Oh, and fried foods. And anything from a fast food chain. :P
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything completely. There are things I eat very rarely now, but there's nothing I ate before that I would refuse to eat now.
  • hlcgreene
    hlcgreene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat cheese anymore!
    And dont use oil to cook anymore.

Also dont eat much bread, I do miss a good slice of marmite on toast!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

There are things I haven't had in ages (cold cereal, box meals, etc.), but never say never.
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Alcohol
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups :(
    Fried food (really difficult one during fair season!)

^^ This and alcohol and anything w/ gluten in it (doctor's orders). So basically I drink water and eat dirt.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I gave up peanut butter and eating after dinner. The peanut butter I had to give up because I was eating WAY too much of it and it was really affecting my cholesterol. Eating after dinner I gave up because I'd just eat crap in the evenings and that needed to stop.
  • ISIS786
    ISIS786 Posts: 5
    Options
    The main thing I've given up is soda, breads, and anything like cookies, chips and candy. I'm still working on alcohol though...I'm down to maybe 1 day a week...which is a huge milestone for me!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I drink a lot less wine, and eat a lot less fast food, but I haven't really given up anything.