Anyone here take vitamins on a daily basis?

Options

Replies

• julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, plus Vitamin D & calcium for osteopenia
  • lalawitheca
    Options
    I take GNC's Women's Ultra Mega Sport. I like that one.

However, my husband was using the Men's version, but had to stop because it interfered with his BP medication. The doctor recommended he just take your basic multivitamin like Centrum.
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I take Vit C, D3, B-12,, Cranberrie with Vit c and E in it, and I have to take Glucosamine Chondroitin (for the arthritis).
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin C / Zinc. One per day, every day after I realised I was getting 0% every day!

Vitamin C and zinc are in almost every fruit and vegetable. Sometimes it might not be entered in the system but I doubt you were getting 0% if you are eating healthfully.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Multi w/ iron
    Calcium
    Vit D
    Potassium
    L-Carnitine
    Melatonin
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I take Women's One-A-Day VitaCraves gummies everyday and I also take Zinc if I feel any symptoms of a cold/illness coming on.
  • johnnyash
    Options
    Yep. I'm on a paleo diet, so even though it's a pretty well rounded diet, I like to keep on top of my RDA.
  • moxox
    moxox Posts: 1
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, "Progressive for women", and a vitamin D3 (generic brand) 10,000 UI everyday before dinner. There isn't enough vitamin D in a regular multivitamin and vitamin D is really important for regulating the metabolism and a lot of other things.

Unless you get a lot of sun exposure everyday, I recommend you take a supplement for your vitamin D. Especially if you live in a climate where the summers are short and the winters are long! (I live in Canada :smile: )
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I take aone-a -day over 50 multi, i also take Osteo- Bi-Fex triple strength a supplement that aids joints for my lower back. It works really good, it made my knees better and I didn't even realize I had a knee issue!!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I take 2 fish oil, 1 multi-vitamin and 1 calcium daily.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Only the ones my doctor told me to as a result of specific deficiencies. Just 'cause it's a vitamin doesn't mean you need more of it. :)
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Every morning i take one multi-vitamin and one fish oil gel tab. I make sure my kids get their daily vitamins as well.

Anyone else here take them, and which ones?

I take 2 flaxseed oil capsules and a multivitamin :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just started:

Multi-vitamin (I bought the adult gummy vitamins for my 3 teens, but I take the capsule)
    1 Omega-3 Fish Oil SHOULD I BE TAKING MORE THAN 1????
    Vitamin D
    2 Calcium pills per day

I make green tea from the tea bags at the store--Any advise on this????

Good thread-thanks
  • davepavone
    Options
    I take the multi-vita and fish oil (bacon might be a good idea) it would even go with eggs that would be oil kind of and protein.
    sorry just hungry
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, "Progressive for women", and a vitamin D3 (generic brand) 10,000 UI everyday before dinner. There isn't enough vitamin D in a regular multivitamin and vitamin D is really important for regulating the metabolism and a lot of other things.

Unless you get a lot of sun exposure everyday, I recommend you take a supplement for your vitamin D. Especially if you live in a climate where the summers are short and the winters are long! (I live in Canada :smile: )

I'm in Michigan. I definately need to get me some extra vitamin D!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Women's multi, korean ginseng, D3, green tea, calcium, potassium, probiotic, psyllium husk powder
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I have to take something with iron as I tend to be quite anemic and being a woman it gets worse at certain times. It's One a Day Performance I think.

I take a One a Day every day and then durring that TOM, i also take a Flinstone's Vitamin w/ iron for the same reason.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    1 Omega-3 Fish Oil SHOULD I BE TAKING MORE THAN 1????

You'd want at least 2 or 3.

I take 6 personally.
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    I take so many vitamins, I look like an old lady with my pill dispenser HAHA

Omega 3 fish oil
    vitamin C and D and B12 (work with germy kids haha)
    Multi vitamin with iron
    glucosimine
    cranberry
    and then my prescriptions for BC and Migraines
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin "energy" formula, a flax gel cap and a magnesium pill. Ha-can't even remember what prompted me to start the magnesium (I think I read somewhere it is supposed to help with cravings, but it hasn't helped). So I am just finishing up the bottle and won't take after that is gone.

I had also taken a Vitamin D supplement over the winter hoping that it would help with the seasonal depression, but I really don't think that helped either so I quit that when the bottle was gone.

I mentioned to the girls in the lab about getting my vitamin levels checked when they drew blood last time and they just kinda blew it off saying that that Dr. would have to order that done. Dr. said at my age and health he didn't feel it was necessary :grumble: I guess I don't complain enough....

I also drink a Hy-Drive energy drink every morning (LOVE that stuff!) which has extra B vitamins. I call it my "Go Juice" since I don't drink coffe or tea and very rarely have a soda. It is loaded with caffeine!