Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• melissahager
    Options
    Just checking in! Did the shred Tuesday and Wednesday, ran today, Friday is my day off!!! Back to the Shred on Saturday. I sure hope to see some progress when I weigh in on Saturday morning...
    Melissa
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    L2 D6 done. I will try to do D7 tomorrow and then I'm planning on taking the weekend off. I feel like my body needs a couple days rest. Lol
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    checking in...

I did L1 D2 yesterday... Boy, I didn't realize how sore I was from D1 until I started my D2! today I can barely move!

Kids are off on a snow day today and husband is working from home so I should be able to get D3 in today a bit later.

Things I like about the work out...

1. Strength training. I love using the weights. They make me sore, but in a good way.

2. Abs training... I like the last ones in L1 - the bicycle crunches or whatever they're called. So hard to do, but I have that nice (not so little) muffin top I'd like to reduce! :tongue:

3. Aerobic training - I like the punches and butt kicks.

Overall it tires me out and makes me sore, but it reminds me that I'm working to get the weight off and tone up the muscles!
  • kimisue8
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!I did the video yesterday but had a very bad day of eating....Chinese food for dinner....I got right back on track today...I did the video levels 1 and 2...40 minutes total....Haven't been able to walk because its so cold here in Houston. So I 've been doing the video everyday since Tuesday and will be doing it again tomorrow....Hope everyones getting good results...Im trying to stay focused...
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I di L2D1 yesterday and can feel this some more, Iwasnt feeling anything with L1, I like these. I'm doing Jillian Fat Boost today, I found it on On Demand so I'll give it a try!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Didn't get the Shred done yesterday :embarassed: --I WILL do it today and tomorrow, though! I was not having a good day yesterday at all. Felling better today.:smile:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    L1D4 just done. I think I should have waited just a little longer after eating dinner. Ugh...
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Got my Shred in today... L1 D4. Definitely getting less sore. Still hard but seems to go by more quickly.

I even managed to actually do more push ups today than I normally do (but I still don't like them).
  • melissahager
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 down! I actually got through the entire video with very little pausing for a breather. That feels so good! So how do I know when I am ready to move on to Level 2?
    Melissa
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what the Shred is? I just joined this site today and I am really new to it all. Is the shred a workout program?
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Can someone tell me what the Shred is? I just joined this site today and I am really new to it all. Is the shred a workout program?

:flowerforyou: Hi Yahrei, and welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:

The Shred is what we call Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and yes its a workout program--actually its a dvd and one that I really enjoy doing--after I've finished for the day!:laugh:

Join us if you'd like!

I wasn't able to get to it today:grumble: --loads of up and down the stairs with stuff from my youngest daughter's room. I plan on doing it tomorrow, though.:happy:

Kathy
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the Shred (on level 1, day 6 now), but today I took a day off from that and did the "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" video today- I was able to get all the way through it without stopping!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :smile: L1D6 done! Didn't finish with my daughter's room til after 11 :tongue: so I did it this AM:smile:

Weigh and mesaure for me is tomorrow.:tongue:

Kathy
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 5.

I am a lot less sore than I was -- I can also make it through the first set of push ups (on my knees) -- and maybe 2-3 on the second set (I'm a wimp hence the working out!).

I have a question about transitioning from Level 1 to Level 2 ... did most of you do Level 1 for 10 days and then Level 2 for 10 days, etc... or do you transition it in somehow?
  • Lisl
    Lisl Posts: 6
    Options
    Im starting with 30 Day Shred today! Wish me luck people!
  • Beconsistent
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

On Friday, I lost my first pound. Yeah! Just finished L1 D7. I hoped to finish day 7 last week but I my monthly "friend" decided to pay me a visit and zapped the energy out of me. I found that today's workout was even harder than the first day. That's likely do to the fact that it's been a few days since I've done it. I'm sure that tomorrow will be better. I'm happy to see that everyone is staying on track. Now that I'm beginning my second week of the shred, I'm finding it necessary to come of with ways to ensure that I get it done. I'll be traveling this week (hosting my sister's bridal shower) so I may have to do the shred twice a day here and there to make up for the days that I will not be able to do it. Has anyone tried that before?

Expect great things!

Melissa

P.S. Welcome Lisl! You will do great!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll be traveling this week (hosting my sister's bridal shower) so I may have to do the shred twice a day here and there to make up for the days that I will not be able to do it. Has anyone tried that before?

Melissa

Melissa - I did just that last Friday, in anticipation of a huge dinner and night of drinking (pre-burning and also knowing I wouldn't be up for it Saturday!).

But, we ended up going out Saturday night too so Sunday was a total loss, so now I'm 2 days off and sleep deprived. I still plan to do L1D8 today, though. Maybe I'll throw in a session of Backside for penance.
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Im starting with 30 Day Shred today! Wish me luck people!

Good Luck Lisl! The first few days are difficult to get through but just stick with it! You can do it!!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! Gonna try to do Frontside later, but have conference calls to do first :sad:
  • Lisl
    Lisl Posts: 6
    Options
    i only did like 15 minutes.......bummer :(