What body type do you men prefer?

Options

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    As a very thick girl, I'd like to say most men like my type of body, but I'd be lying :P It's true, it depends on the person, but from all the people I've known (boys, men, whatever you like to call their sex) they've all said "thin, asian." That's just the people around me. The bay area folks, all about anime! Ahaha :P Not all, but you know what I mean. Just by the people I've known long enough to ask while setting them up for a date with cute girls I know >:D

I'm not a guy, but I think you look beautiful...
  • cestlafete
    cestlafete Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am variable to the max. It's more an individual thing than a 'type' thing.

I like girls with a small chest/ribcage and wide hips, I like girls with long legs and slammin' curves. I like girls who are slim and athletic to the point of boyishness, i like girls who are softer and less extreme for that 50's pinup style. For me it's less about the type and more about how tidy they are. A girl can be chubby so long as it's 'tidy', which I suppose is hard to explain, but I'm hoping that you get the idea. I've known quite a few ladies who are 200 or a bit more, very petite, but their roundness is smooth and not cellulite-y. Basically, chubby girls that actually do stuff, who are bigger more from disposition than from lack of activity.

I'm actually a lot pickier when it comes to men, haha!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    That's like choosing a favorite type of ice cream. Why choose one when they all are great?

Good answer! :drinker:
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think every guy secretly pines for redheads ;)
    I disagree. It's no secret for me. Redheads rock my world.

im a redhead! :drinker:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    why all the rudeness? sheesh people! :grumble: lighten up for f*cks sake!
    ^This. Lighten up is right. People are not allowed to talk anymore or have an opinion I guess.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    A man can get boobs, grow hair, wear makeup, heals, skirt etc, even take hormones to become more feminine looking.

What he can never do is magically grow hips or become hour glass shaped.....THAT is what I like. Nothing is more womanly looking to me than hips and/or hourglass shape.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    In reality, I've found myself attracted to every female body type with the exceptions of unhealthily thin or morbidly obese. I love women, what can I say. I find value in all of them. In my prior life I was a gigolo.

This would be my husband's answer. Although he was attracted to me when I was morbidly obese, but he says it was more than a physical attraction which I kind of have to believe since he married me at 270lbs. LOL :wink:

He married me at 270. He's still married to me now at 183. We've had this conversation because I have lost a good amount of weight since the day we got married and I was worried he was just attracted to larger women. He told me he was attracted to all shapes and sizes. He just likes the female form in general. :smile:

Sounds like you have a good guy!
  • akklm5
    akklm5 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like them all, it's not the body that makes the person.
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Confidence and a woman that knows what she likes. Body shape means nothing without confidence and personality.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    amen!
  • cestlafete
    cestlafete Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A man can get boobs, grow hair, wear makeup, heals, skirt etc, even take hormones to become more feminine looking.

What he can never do is magically grow hips or become hour glass shaped.....THAT is what I like. Nothing is more womanly looking to me than hips and/or hourglass shape.

That is both not true and kind of offensive! Points for not being nasty about it, but the anti-trans message is still there.

EDIT: When taking estrogen, a transwoman will naturally put on weight in the chest, hips, thighs and butt, same as any other woman. What slows the process is that most transwomen already have a naturally low body fat %, so the gains in those areas are slow or minimal. Over time it can certainly add up, especially if she doesn't work out. The breasts are grown though, and not just fat. They're just like any woman's breasts.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I agree. Something about that shape that is just so damn hot
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Strong and active body type. Healthy looking of course :glasses:
  • yankeesforever
    Options
    Naturally thin (but not sickly thin) - but I think my preference here is just a product of the society in which I have been raised. Pardon my honesty. ;-)
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    The Body type does not matter to me, Its whats on the inside that counts
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Breathing...

^^^ This ... and for me, a body type is not anywhere near the top of my list for preferences! Someone else also said love yourself as you are - that is the most important thing. If you're making changes, as most of us are on MFP, do it for yourself!!
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

That is both not true and kind of offensive! Points for not being nasty about it, but the anti-trans message is still there.

EDIT: When taking estrogen, a transwoman will naturally put on weight in the chest, hips, thighs and butt, same as any other woman. What slows the process is that most transwomen already have a naturally low body fat %, so the gains in those areas are slow or minimal. Over time it can certainly add up, especially if she doesn't work out. The breasts are grown though, and not just fat. They're just like any woman's breasts.

I don't they were putting out an anti-trans message, just stating that typically women are the only sex out of the two predisposed to a natural hourglass shape......Don't read into it :)
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    That's like choosing a favorite type of ice cream. Why choose one when they all are great?

That's a good one :)
  • j_Sparks_01
    j_Sparks_01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I heard on the radio "A man can have a 10 but if a 7 walks by he is still going to look!"

Truth is, men will desire the Beyonce and Mariah body types, but they will fall in love with a girl for a pretty smile and a great attitude. Most men aren't turned off by a little body fat (I am not talking about obese). And even if you are on the heavy side, wear clothes that fit you right, flatter your good parts and always have a ton of sex appeal!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Confidence and a woman that knows what she likes. Body shape means nothing without confidence and personality.

such a great answer :)