For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose the first 18lbs, now I have 17 to go and I preparing myself for the fact that it might take another 7 months or longer. It sucks because I feel like I have so much to lose, 17 lbs seems like a lot and that it should come off so easy, but nope, stubborn stubborn fat.
  • SJByrne140
    Options
    I got stuck in a plateau for about two weeks...wasnt losing a thing. Kept running, kept eating right, and after 9 days without looking at the scale I'd dropped 5.3 lbs!!!

Just keep your focus. Change things up from time to time. It's not always easy. It takes determination and focus.

Swimming has always been my workout of choice, and it's really good for the body. But this go round I've been running and I am seeing the difference. Running isn't easy - it HURTS! But by god it works! And I'm no small gal. I laugh like a loon watching my chest in the glass in front of me (normally you dont see large chested women running on the treadmill - now i know why!) bwahahaha oh well...its making a slimmer me!!!!

Great work everyone - keep it up!!!!
  • MissLMAshcroft
    Options
    I've got 12lb/13lb to go, been stuck for a good few weeks with the same 2lb loss or 2lb gain..Sooooo infuriating!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 pounds to lose now and I've been trying since January. Most. Frustrating. Thing. Ever.
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is me - I'd love to lose 10 pounds, but would be happy with 7 at this point (and it's not that I'm fixated on a number on the scale - there's some definite tummy pudge I'd love to see gone). I'm starting to wonder if getting that lean will require sacrifices I'm just not willing to make - like I'm not willing to not ever go out to dinner with friends again.

I'm thinking I need to start shifting my focus from my weight and the way my body looks to what it can do. In the past few months I've started working with free weights on the "boy's side" of the gym and though I haven't lost weight, I love that weight lifting makes me feel strong. There was a really great article in Jezebel a few years ago about appreciating your body's ability rather than its appearance (http://jezebel.com/5689226/a-call-to-arms-and-abs-quads-calves-and-shoulders) and I think I'm going to try to move my goals in this direction.

I've had the same thoughts.
  • hs1956
    hs1956 Posts: 16
    Options
    Very slow going with the pounds. I had a total of 15 to lose and have lost 4 pounds in seven weeks. Calculations are that it will be Thanksgiving before I hit goal weight at this rate, maybe longer. The inches are going away and I can see little muscles peeping through the flab. The tape measure has been rewarding.

I agree with your idea to focus on the strength training.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    I was stuck in a plateau for a long time- but now I'm finally losing again. I have about 20lbs to lose. Upping strength training has really helped me out of the funk!
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yep. I just graduated from the 10 lbs club yesterday when I finally reached my goal weight after months of trying.
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    I noticed the same thing. But what my nutritionist recommended was that for 1 week you eat like 100-300 calories more than your body is used to and then go back down to whatever you need to loose the weight. It worked for me, and I used my birthday week as an advantage because I turned 21:)
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ugh, Im in this range too!!! I have about 20something to lose!!! :(
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Count me in. When I do lose, it seems to disappear from places that, frankly, I had already thought I'd stopped losing from. The majority of my weight is SMACK DAB IN DA MIDDLE.

Tummy...y u still so chubby? :sad:
  • laurainmotion
    Options
    Count me in with this group. Only 20 to lose, but this 20 takes daily diligence and seems so much tougher to come off.
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yep, have between 5-10LB to lose. Also want to gain muscle so would be happy to swap for some mass? Anybody? lol.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have another 8lb that I would like to lose, lost 10 so far in 3 months. It's slow, but I am hoping that if I lost it slowly it won't go back on quickly and I'll have changed my eating habits for the better :)
  • lindz625
    lindz625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me to the roster :( In April, I was 7lbs from my goal and the scale wouldn't budge. Fast forward 4 months and now I'm 22 lbs from goal. Epic summer fail! I'm trying my hardest to get back on track, but I know how hard it will be to shed those extra pounds again.
  • sarahelen1
    Options
    AHHHHH!!! I am in the same boat!! Having a great week, but my kids are home this weekend and I know I will be exposed to Crap and its frustrating!! Everyone at home is supportive, but they have been begging to get wings.... Thats hard to get around, I went online and checked BW3s menu, 800 for 6 wings, and NO ranch or Blue Cheese!!
  • lsherrill1965
    Options
    me me me!!! i am trying to eat different foods trying to work out 2x a day and anything i can to try to get this off
    we can do it
    the finish line is near
    :)
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ugh me!!!! I've been struggling to lose these last few lbs since I've 50lbs June 4th and now my weight is fluctuating between 130-134lbs very annoyed !!!
  • bebeelynn
    Options
    Ugh, I'm right there with you. I'm about 11 lbs from where I want to be. I hit a plateau a few months ago but then I did carb cycling and got through it. Now I'm just upping my cardio and trying to eat less than I burn. I hope I don't get stuck at another plateau.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    And, imagine my shock when after I lost the first 10, MFP had me recalculate and reduce my calorie allowance, since without that extra 10, my body didn't burn as many calories in my daily activities. Changing my goal to maintenance was not the huge boost in calorie allowance I expected, but I wouldn't give up my size zeros for anything. I've found that it just motivates me to exercise more, so that's a good thing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!