May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• twt1999brd
    Options
    I have been trying really hard to keep track of my calories. I could use your help. How many calories would be a good meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have good healthy snacks. I average about a 400-450 meals. I am wondering if that is to much for breakfast? Trying to keep a 1400 calorie day. I know dinner tends to be the highest for calorie intake.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Start weight: 220
    Dec. 25: Unknown
    Jan. 1: 222
    Jan. 8: 220
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 190

Well I guess from last week I do have a loss, 2 lbs, but still hanging out at 220!!! I'm gonna really focus to keep this weekend in check and watch the scale move before next week. On a side note, today I am wearing a size 16 skirt I haven't worn in about 3 years!!!! looks good too!!! Yea me..

Today's meals:

Breakfast
    Chai tea
    Fiber 1 bar

Lunch
    Wheat bread
    yummy chicken salad with 1 tbsp Light may and Lettuce
    One orange

Dinner
    Wheat pasta
    1/2 cup ragu
    7 slices of turkey pepperoni

Snack
    Carrots with light french onion dip or hummus (depends on my mood)

We desperately need to hit the grocery store!!!! No fresh veggies for salads at the house... I'll be begging my hubby to go today while I am at work until 7:grumble:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll post my meals tomorrow too. Are we posting Sunday too? or just changing to no Sweets?
  • ourgang
    Options
    Oh Ya, I did complete another 30 min's of exercise this AM and have another Jillian wii challenge tonight. That will put me at 4 hours of excerise this week!!!!

Good Luck everyone and Enjoy your weekend
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I have been trying really hard to keep track of my calories. I could use your help. How many calories would be a good meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have good healthy snacks. I average about a 400-450 meals. I am wondering if that is to much for breakfast? Trying to keep a 1400 calorie day. I know dinner tends to be the highest for calorie intake.

Check out this website: www.fitwatch.com and go to the calorie counting section and look for calories per meal. You enter the total number of calories and some other information and it will calculate how many calories each meal should be.

Hope this information is helpful.

My meals/snack calories varies and as long as I don't go over my totals for the day I don't worry about which meal is bigger. Now I will say that I don't go to sleep until at least 3 hours has past since I've eaten dinner and the nights before weigh ins I try to have my dinner be pretty light. Otherwise I worry about the day's totals.
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Did 17 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the treadmill. That makes for 6 days in a row. Woohoo! Will be weighing in tonight...
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Im finally losing again! small amounts but still losing!!!
    Start : 139.1
    Jan 1: 138.3
    Jan 8 : 137.2

Goal 130
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 182
    Dec. 25: 182
    Jan. 1: Didn't weigh in
    Jan. 8: 180!!
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 165!!!

I can't believe that I actually LOST weight over the holidays! I've done really well this week, and exercised each night Monday thru Thursday. That and I did REALLY good with my water this week.:drinker: So that's probably doing something for me.:bigsmile:
  • yharmon
    yharmon Posts: 68
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge. I know I'm late coming in but I think this will motivate me to exercise everyday and watch my calorie and fat intake. I've read a lot of the posts since this challenge started and they have gotten me excited about jumping on board with you guys.

Start weight: 151
    Dec. 25:
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8: 151
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 127

That's figuring 1.5 lbs per week. I can do this!!!!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 197.0
    Dec. 25: 198.8
    Jan. 1: 196.0 (-2.8)
    Jan. 8: 194.2 (-1.8)
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 169 (1.5 lb average loss per week)

Stayed within my goal for the week (weight loss-wise). Tummy is NOT happy today, not likely I'll get a chance to workout unless I start feeling significantly better. Blech. Time for some hot herbal tea.
  • lisawest
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge. I know I'm late coming in but I think this will motivate me to exercise everyday and watch my calorie and fat intake. I've read a lot of the posts since this challenge started and they have gotten me excited about jumping on board with you guys.

Welcome!!! Participate in as many of the challenges as you would like. We are currently doing a mini-challenge to plan your meals for the weekend BEFORE the weekend starts. Then starting Sunday, our challenge for the week is NO sweets! (Tough one for me!) I'm really glad you decided to join us!
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Weighed in this morning, but it was after I ate.... of course some may say I'm splitting hairs... just glad the numbers are going down!

Start weight: 195 from June
    Dec. 25: ---
    Jan. 1: 187
    Jan. 8: 184
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 152... if it's 2lbs/week! : )
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Our group is getting smaller (weight wise) and i'm so excited. I read they weigh ins and we are doing the darn thing. Let's keep the momentum going. This is such a positive way to begin the weekend.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 197.0
    Dec. 25: 198.8
    Jan. 1: 196.0 (-2.8)
    Jan. 8: 194.2 (-1.8)
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 169 (1.5 lb average loss per week)

Stayed within my goal for the week (weight loss-wise). Tummy is NOT happy today, not likely I'll get a chance to workout unless I start feeling significantly better. Blech. Time for some hot herbal tea.

Congrats on the weight loss! Hope you feel better soon.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 137
    Jan. 1: 137
    Jan. 8: 135
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 129

Down to weight before Christmas! Did wii fit 30 min free step plus some strengthening.
    HAve great weekend!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am putting out my own personal challange for next week. I will not eat fast food at all next week. I will bring my lunch to work and eat breakfast before I leave the house. This will not only help me save money but it will also help me control what I am eating.
    Anyone want to join me?
  • betterhealth2010
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I lost 2 pounds this week. My start weight was 180 pounds and now I'm at 178 pounds. Logging in the food really helps. I joined this challenge earlier but don't know how to go back in and edit it on the days that we are doing weigh in. What is the challenge for the upcoming week?
  • lisawest
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I lost 2 pounds this week. My start weight was 180 pounds and now I'm at 178 pounds. Logging in the food really helps. I joined this challenge earlier but don't know how to go back in and edit it on the days that we are doing weigh in. What is the challenge for the upcoming week?

Great job this week! I usually just copy and paste the list of weeks from my last post, and then update that. Easy way to get a list of the weeks is to copy and paste the one from my first post.

This time we have a couple challenges going. We have a mini challenge for the weekend. We are posting our meals for the weekend, and then reporting how close we stuck to our plan. The starting Sunday, we have another week long challenge to not eat sweets. We also have another challenge (smadag1's personal challenge she has invited us to join in on) to not eat out at all next week.

I have to admit, that for me, the sweets challenge will be hardest. I typically plan my meals well in advance because we don't have a grocery store in town, so if I don't have it and I don't want to drive into the next town, I'm not gonna eat it! Similar situation with the eating out. We don't have a single FF restaraunt in town, although we do have a steak house (but it's so expensive we've only eaten then once). So because of the size, or lack thereof, of the town I live in, the mini challenge and the eating out challenge aren't that difficult.

However, I remember when we lived in Kansas City and would eat out 3 or 4 times a week. Not counting the times one or the other of us would swing by the gas station or a FF place for breakfast, lunch or snack!:ohwell: Because I've been there, I know how hard it is! I know that if we lived in a larger town, we would have HUGE issues with this. Just another reason I'm very thankful for my new job that moved us out here!

Well, I've rambled long enough! Good job this week everyone. Keep up the good work!

Remember: If you quit now, you'll never reach your goal!
  • ourgang
    Options
    So far today I haven't even come close to eating what I said. I haven't really eaten anything. I had my chai, and my lunch, but that's it... Now it is almost 7 here and I will be done work. I really want to have a drink on my way home and then some more when I get there:drinker: :drinker: I usually do well with stress, but today, this week, and the next few are crazy for me at work. I'm suppose to do my jillian wii challenge tonight, DON'T feel up to it. Wonder what will happen if I don't do it until tomorrow??????
    Guess I could take home what I brought for dinner and eat that later, I really don't like eating after 8 though....

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for this challenge. At least I didn't over eat:ohwell:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    My day started off very well and became hectic along the way so my afternoon snack and dinner got all screwed up. I was able to remain w/in my allotted calories BUT b/c I was away from home much longer than anticipated I ended up eating some Jalepeno tostitos. Because I ate more than anticipated I didn't eat my afternoon snack and b/c it was later than I wanted it to be to eat dinner I had some grapers and a homemade apple bran and walnut muffin. I found the recipe in the S. Beach cook book so it was a healthy muffin but still not what I planned.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    Start weight: 214
    Dec. 25: 214
    Jan. 1: 210.6
    Jan. 8: 208.4 (-2.2 - thank you Jillian and your 30 day shred :))
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2: