Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's easier for me to pre-log my food. Most of my food is brought to work and I make it here so pre-lgging works great.

Exercise, however, I do not pre-log. I use a HRM to calculate calories burned more accurately.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I try to prelog my breakfast, lunch, morning snack and afternoon snack because I am a teacher and I usually do not pull my phone out during the day ... at lunch i may adjust what i have already logged if needed and i do dinner at night when i decide what it is im going to actually cook.
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do a basic pre-log of the upcoming day and try to stick by it as best I can. Usually there are some changes made the next day, but for the most part, it keeps me on track better than if I didn't pre-log at all.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like to have a plan.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Having a smart phone helps a lot with it (love my Galaxy s3 )

I love mine, too!! That big screen makes is so much easier to see the app.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    PRE LOG! It's the only way I can hit my calorie goals and macros.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    I tend to pre-log the night before but I'm not OCD about sticking to it. If something changes then I'll just change it in my diary when I get a chance :)
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I log in before then if i dont follow up i change what ever needs to be changed

I like to pre log tho because it keeps me more on track when its planned already
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    PRE LOG! It's the only way I can hit my calorie goals and macros.

This!!
  • LeslieSJR
    Options
    A little of both. For work, I pack my food the night before and log it all in. I also pre-log breakfast when I do overnight oats- can't wait to wake up for that delicious food!
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Depends on a day but I always plan what to eat day earlier anyway, even if I don't put it in my diary.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have started to log at the start of the day that way I know what I have to spend.
  • StevenV84
    Options
    I usually log my food for the day sometime in the morning before lunch and dinner. I think it helps keep me on my plan. I feel bad if I have to go back in and edit because I ate something "extra."
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    it depends for me on how out of control i'm feeling. i am recovering from an eating disorder so pre-logging is 'easier' for me, especially if i feel like i'm starting to get into unhealthy ground. That said i try not to pre-log because i am really trying to develop a better relationship with food and eating what i'm hungry for when i'm hungry for it (within reason of course).
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I pre-log and then adjust it as I go. I'm super obsessive so I feel weird if I don't pre-log.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I normally record as I go. I use to pre-log when I lived at college and cooked my own food, to help me stay on track and know when I can snack on something else with friends.
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I usually have a back log
  • mwint123
    Options
    Most times, I log all the things I want to eat ahead of time. It allows me to control my porton size and quantity. At the end of the day I can make minor adjustments. It works out well because I get to see how many calories I would consume and make necessary adjustments.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. I log what I want to eat that day and then I correct it as I go if I have to change something. My planning doesn't always line up with what I'm doing that day! I don't submit it until the end of the day though.

^^ This is what I do too.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    i pre log all of my protein so i make sure i get enough, i log the rest of my foods as i go