Question for Ladies: Big Muscles or Lean & Cut

Options

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the woman you're asking but I think lean and cut looks better
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You can add me to the more muscle category. Not the "monster" one so much, but definitely the buff to muscular with definition! However, with that said... you look great. Do what makes you feel good!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    okayyyy.. what is this guy then?
    va.jpg

Total badass.

Agreed. To me...the form follows function builds are the most impressive...and that guys form...is a temple to function.
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting article last night about a study that was done that had women rate 2 pictures of men. One was a thin, yet healthy looking male with a very lean face. The other was more of a bulked up, slightly neanderthal face.(their words, not mine).

The study had the women look at it during their most fertile and then during their least fertile times of the month.

The conclusion was that women in the not fertile time picked the leaner looking pretty boy, while women in their most fertile times picked the he man that would look like he could protect her and her young.

Opens up a whole new direction to this topic. :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    That Asian guy is Timberwolf from Bodybuilding.com

He is a monster. Insanely ripped year round, been working out 20 years or something like that. He is "small" but looks massive because of his perfect conditioning...which is why these threads are so pointless. It all comes down to conditioning, i.e. bodyfat percent.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I read an interesting article last night about a study that was done that had women rate 2 pictures of men. One was a thin, yet healthy looking male with a very lean face. The other was more of a bulked up, slightly neanderthal face.(their words, not mine).

The study had the women look at it during their most fertile and then during their least fertile times of the month.

The conclusion was that women in the not fertile time picked the leaner looking pretty boy, while women in their most fertile times picked the he man that would look like he could protect her and her young.

Opens up a whole new direction to this topic. :)

I've read this before. It IS interesting.
  • xdeadlyx
    xdeadlyx Posts: 8
    Options
    I think a balance of the two works best.
  • Lsmith81
    Lsmith81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so now that i said it i will explain... I have a thing for guys that have nice arms. too mucch def makes them look gross as they are full of veins sticking out and kinda reminds me of a steroid freak (not that everyone who has big arms is like that) As long as you feel good who cares what everyone elses thinks...however you are def hot the way you are.

Good luck in your journey!
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Why not both? Just don't forget your legzz
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like lean and cut.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ALTHOUGH I LOVE THE CONAN THE BARBARIAN MOVIE....i liked Arnolds body it was nice:flowerforyou: - but realistically, i like fit and lean, i like nice arms- i dont need a Mr Universe:noway: - but i dont want a Leonardo DiCaprio:frown: -

I would take a Vin Deisel any day like when he was in "Pitch Black":love::love: :love: :love: :love: ...NOW WERE TALKIN :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I no longer know..a friend of mine just made me smile with a "relaxed" pose. I suppose he's lean and cut.

7760658700_2d7a82f731.jpg
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Big muscles!!!

My boyfriend has some intense quads and they are my second favorite body part :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    A much as I like lean and cut... Can he hold me? Can he lift me? Can we have fun and laugh and play together? Is exercise and fitness important to him? Are we attracted to each other?

If the answers are yes, then type doesnt really matter much.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    You know...I think about this topic every once in awhile (and all the hundreds of others like it of course)...and it's coming to be my experience that even though women love to LOOK at abs and cut muscles...they aren't the thing that drives initial attraction (unless you live near and frequent some large body of water...most guys wear shirts in public, and all you see is arms really), or even overall attraction. A decent set of shoulders, nice arms, and a reasonable chest...all of which make even a moderately large waist look trim...are what's going to get a guy the most attention. This is why so many guys ate the gym skip leg day lol...or only have one a week.

In my profile picture here...I've still got a 37" waist. It should be down around 32" or so, possibly even 30" for my height. But not one person has even noticed.

37" waist...5'7" tall, 20% or so bodyfat. And no one notices.

So, to the OP...my suggestion is just lift heavy...if you're very thin, eat at a moderate surplus. If you're bigger, eat at a moderate deficit or maintenance. Your body will come around (amazingly quickly if your lifting program is good and simple)...and once you get to a nice middle ground and bodyfat...you can focus on YOUR goals. I promise at that point there will be plenty of women attracted to your particular natural body type.
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    You know...I think about this topic every once in awhile (and all the hundreds of others like it of course)...and it's coming to be my experience that even though women love to LOOK at abs and cut muscles...they aren't the thing that drives initial attraction (unless you live near and frequent some large body of water...most guys wear shirts in public, and all you see is arms really), or even overall attraction. A decent set of shoulders, nice arms, and a reasonable chest...all of which make even a moderately large waist look trim...are what's going to get a guy the most attention. This is why so many guys ate the gym skip leg day lol...or only have one a week.

In my profile picture here...I've still got a 37" waist. It should be down around 32" or so, possibly even 30" for my height. But not one person has even noticed.

So, to the OP...my suggestion is just lift heavy...if you're very thin, eat at a moderate surplus. If you're bigger, eat at a moderate deficit or maintenance. Your body will come around (amazingly quickly if your lifting program is good and simple)...and once you get to a nice middle ground and bodyfat...you can focus on YOUR goals. I promise at that point there will be plenty of women attracted to your particular natural body type.

silly...most women are attracted to a smile in a man's eyes..or stars...a love for life, living. Why am I even posting....
  • crisanderson27
    Options

silly...most women are attracted to a smile in a man's eyes..or stars...a love for life, living. Why am I even posting....

Because you always have the most wonderful things to say lol?

Honestly though...some women? I'll agree completely. But I wouldn't even go as far as to say 'most'...or even 'many' :). If that was the case...well, things would be a LOT different for all of the slightly overweight guys that are incredible people...but can't get a date to save their lives you know?
  • Silverkittycat
    Options

Because you always have the most wonderful things to say lol?

Honestly though...some women? I'll agree completely. But I wouldn't even go as far as to say 'most'...or even 'many' :). If that was the case...well, things would be a LOT different for all of the slightly overweight guys that are incredible people...but can't get a date to save their lives you know?

What's wrong with the things I say? Are you being good or sarcastic there? :(
    And why are we discussing this in a thread?
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    Who cares what they look like? If the right man has his arms open for you to fall into, and you forget the world when held by him...who cares?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Who cares what they look like? If the right man has his arms open for you to fall into, and you forget the world when held by him...who cares?

Agreed. Most men who don't date have personalities that suck. My hubby has a pal who doesn't get dates. He isn't really fit, but that's not it. Women still find him attractive enough. When you talk to him, he is mousy. No "oomph." I am an assertive woman, and I love my hubby's confidence. My husband is fine as hell these days, but we met in 2001 and his *kitten* was a diamond in the VERY rough. His personality is what I fell in love with.

Dateless men might have some other unappealing ****, but lack of muscles/leanness/cutness isn't the lady deterrant. It's either a ***** *kitten* or punk *kitten* personality in most cases.