Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America?

Options
calvert6183
calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
Honestly: Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America? Are more men allowing women to dominate relationships?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    And somebody's let pandora out of the box.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    The issue is related to eye brow and chest waxing.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't you have some woman to make a sandwich for?

know your place!
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yes. And No.

That should about do it...let everyone else go into detail.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is. Manliness is getting more rare.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Honestly: Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America? Are more men allowing women to dominate relationships?

No. I think women have worn the pants in the past, people just weren't so open about it.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    I thought this was going to be able the growing presence of women in the top level workforce and male dominated careers.
    But unfortunately, it's about relationships.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    We rule. :devil:
  • calvert6183
    Options
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There def is one. Guys dont have manly role models anymore. Men are doing what women were doing back in the say with have small dogs, small cars, eating salads instead of fries, skinny jeans, purses, opting for frees-by instead of throwing a football, reading books at the pool instead of swimming, drinking fruity drinks, listening to boy groups like One Direction instead of man music, going with other guys to watch romantic comedies, talking about feelings, and opting for pink instead of other colors. Guys being like this are weak and easy for women to take control over them. I dont know one guy who wears the pants in the relationship. I dont get it.

seems like you need different guys to hang out with
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Neither person should "dominate" the relationship. It's not masculine for a man to dominate his partner. It's not a matter of manliness; it's a matter of mutual respect. Someone who insists on having their way no matter what their partner wants and being unquestioned in the process is someone who's not mature enough to handle a healthy relationship, regardless of their sex.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There def is one. Guys dont have manly role models anymore. Men are doing what women were doing back in the say with have small dogs, small cars, eating salads instead of fries, skinny jeans, purses, opting for frees-by instead of throwing a football, reading books at the pool instead of swimming, drinking fruity drinks, listening to boy groups like One Direction instead of man music, going with other guys to watch romantic comedies, talking about feelings, and opting for pink instead of other colors. Guys being like this are weak and easy for women to take control over them. I dont know one guy who wears the pants in the relationship. I dont get it.

Perhaps you are just in denial thinking they ever did....
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I think both/all genders need to get over themselves and be accepting but...

134474269889.gif

...I'm just gonna wait for the fireworks.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Yes, because posturing and pretending to enjoy things you don't is vastly preferable to actually doing what you want with your life.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    It seems to me your issue is more with people and broadening horizons, not loss of manliness.
    Who made you the judge on manliness?

I'd rather hang out with a guy in a pink shirt listening to new direction than somebody who thinks reading by a pool is something bad.
    it seems to me closed mindedness is also NOT MANLY.

new times baby, buckle your seatbelt for a bumpy ride.
  • calvert6183
    Options
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    After reading a guys post from yesterday "needing advice not related to fitness" I I would say yes. This was a 30 yr old man asking for advice on how to get himself to love again and how he doesn't know if he'll ever find it again.

I wanted to pull his man card............yes there is a masculinity crisis! Grow a pair and start acting like men again. Sweep a woman off her feet...........treat her like a queen............and reap the rewards!!! There's a few details to work in the middle too but c'mon guy's!!!!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Men are doing what women were doing back in the say with have small dogs, small cars, eating salads instead of fries, skinny jeans, purses, opting for frees-by instead of throwing a football, reading books at the pool instead of swimming, drinking fruity drinks, listening to boy groups like One Direction instead of man music, going with other guys to watch romantic comedies, talking about feelings, and opting for pink instead of other colors.

Small dogs deserve homes too? Also, frequently apartments have weight limits on what size dog you can have.

Small cars get better gas mileage and are all around better for the environment so I fail to see how this is somehow a bad thing.

Salads are a healthier choice. So it’s not manly to care about your health?

Men’s fashion has always been ridiculous. Look at what guys were wearing in the 1970’s.

I don’t know what frees-by means but I know plenty of guys who could care less about football.

Reading is sexy. I’d rather see a guy reading than doing pretty much anything else. Just sayin.

Fruity drinks taste good?

I do not know any man who listens to One Direction or watches romance movies with other men, unless they happen to be like, film critics and it’s their job.

Talking about feelings is a good thing and the guys who do this probably have much better relationships than the ones that don’t.

Pink has been a trendy color off and on for the last 30 years.

All these things you see as signs of weakness are not weaknesses. If anything, they make men more attractive to more women.

Personally, I think most couples seem to treat each other more like equals these days which is a good thing, not a problem. The only thing I see that seems different from maybe 30 years ago is that usually the woman is the one making most of the money. Literally every girl I know (me included) has a higher level of education and consequently makes more than her boyfriend or husband.

Even the handful of stay at home mothers I know have a higher level of education than their man and in theory, would be making more money if they were in the workforce. Unfortunately, with the cost of day care etc. sometimes it is just not practical for both parents to work and I find that usually women are more comfortable giving up their job for a few years to stay with the kids.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Well in that case I'd say there is much more of a balance than there ever was.

There just tend to be some men who even think that balance is too much control for a woman. I am of the opinion a relationship is indeed a partnership between grown adults. Sometimes there is a bit of give and take.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is. Manliness is getting more rare.

^^^ Agreed!