My 2010 challenge : 52 times 7/7

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week! Yeah
    I am 5/7
    burned 505 calories doing my P90X Plyometrics workout! Love it!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Alrite - left work too late to run. It was already dark out when I got home:grumble:

I got through 50 minutes of Jillian's "Banish Fat" DVD. Did it tonight for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. It's a great cardio and core workout. I entered it as 30 minutes of kickboxing and 10 minutes of calisthenics (10 minutes was warmup and cool down- so I didn't count it).

Think I got around 500 calories out of it....

Gonna sit down and have a lil dinner...and if I'm still motivated at the end of the night - I'll go downstairs and hit the treadmill...but no promises... At least I got a solid workout in my living room! A little is better than nothing I guess...
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    4/7 Today I did strength training
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will join because it will definitely be a challenge for me since I have never worked out seven days a week.

Last week did 4/7

So no points yet for me since I have missed two days this week but hopefully next week. Good luck to us all!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good morning and great job everyone!!! 8 of us are still working on getting our weekly point, two more days and we'll get it!!

NC islandgirl, you are in!! It is now time for you to start pumping some iron!! :wink:

Congradulations Casi, I knew you could do it!!!

I have been nagging Saxoldies just to contracte his abdominals for a few seconds a number of times during the day. That is what I has doing when I had a hard time moving because of the pain. It is not the greatest exercise, but it helps to set your mind in the right direction. Also, when you sing or play a wind music instrument, it helps to have a better performance when you are using your abs. He plays the bass trombone and the tuba at least twice a week. For the first time last night, he paid attention to his abs and he had a better result from his trombone. He did not do anything else, no cardio or anything, but I will count it has an exercise for him. He is working in the right direction! That is what is important!!

When I came home last night, I was too tired so I spent a little time on my computer then I went to bed. I woke up an hour ago, feels good to sleep in, and I feel great!!! I will soon go in my training room.

Let's go girls, we can do it!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started the day w/so much energy but today not so much. I didn't sleep well at all which has been a constant problem over the last year or so but for some reason I thought it was improving, Hah, the joke was on me. I went to bed by 11 pm but was up by 3:30 and tossed and turned until about 6:30 til I finally said forget it and turned on the morning news. I knew if I didn't get the workout in w/in the next hour I would try to talk myself out of it so I threw in my Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt" dvd and did the best I could do. While I really didn't want to work out I did put much intensity in and when I was tired of doing squats and lunges (I have a bum right knee and those exercises kill sometimes) I jogged in place or did jumping jacks while holding 5 lb weights. Fifty minutes later (5 minute warm up, 40 minute workout, 5 minute cool down) I was done and glad I sucked it up.

Chocolickkyss: 6/7, if I can get a workout in tomorrow I will have earned my 1st point....WooHoo!!!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good for you, I totally can relate to the lazyness after having a poor night. I hope you'll sleep better tonight.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Missou, thank you and I hope I sleep well tonight too. I'm soo sleepy right now it's ridiculous but when it's time to actually go it will probably be a problem. I might try drinking som sleepytime tea tonight to see if that relaxes me enough to get some good and necessary shut eye.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    vhuber- congrats on the weight loss!

Casi- Jillian's banish fat is a great DVD, I do that all the time when I can't get to the gym and I sure do feel the work out.

Choco- Wow, what great determination. I hope you get better sleep tonight. I also hope you don't have sleep anea and that maybe it was just a one time thing. Maybe try night time rituals to get your body accustomed to sleeping. Also, try going to bed at the same time every night.

I got my exercise for today and am so excited. So it's 6/7 for me. I went to the gym and did 35 minute run on treadmill, 30 minute on elliptical trainer, and 10 minutes of strength training, and I also count the 40 minute walk roundtrip to the gym.

I'm so excited to step on the scale at the end of this week!

Wohoo to us!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Almomay thank for the suggestions, any and all are welcomed. Unfortunately the problem has been going on for about a year. For whatever reason I can't get more than 5 hours of consistent sleep and i've spoken w/the doctor and we've tried different things but no real success yet. This was however the first time in a couple of weeks that I tossed and turned thereby not even getting 5 hours of consistent sleep and boy am I sleepy now but work calls.

I too complete Jillian's Banish Fat dvd and it really is a workout.

I'm only 2 lbs away from my goal weight and i'm hoping i can see at least a 1 lb loss. I don't want to hold on to these last 2 lbs forever.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    6/7 for me today...and I did not, not want to exercise...don't know why I just kept putting it off, no energy...then I see oregonlady's post with her updated photos in the sucess stories, I believe it was titled "amazed by the photo"...my goodness, such a dramatic changed...kicked me right in the bum for motivation!!!
    I did Ab RipperX, shoulders/backX, and 40 minutes on the elliptical...I'm hoping the scale is nice to me this week too!
    Great job everyone!

Choco, Happy belated Birthday, I don't think I wished you one that day...but I wanted to, sounds like you had a great day...hope you can get some sleep, that's so important to feeling well.

Wow, almomay, you always do an intense workout!!! Great job!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I just finished my workout. I did abs and intense bicycle. My quads are in pain... :laugh: :laugh:
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    5/7 I did strength training
  • KrayzeeBiites
    Options
    i will join in from now :)

i went jogging tonight first time ive ever jogged =D loved it.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    6/7 Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio 2
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Nice going everyone and welcome KrayzeeBiites. Saxoldies did some work for his abs today and now, I will try to convince him to go do a little cardio. Wish me luck... :wink: :laugh:
  • Casi23
    Options
    Finally got that run in that I've been putting off!

4 miles in 30 minutes... + another 10 minutes of walking (5 min warm-up and 5 of cool down).

Also did some pretty deep stretching for about 20 minutes....I know that doesn't burn too many calories...but man it felt good....

Am gonna do Jillian's 30 Day Shred while my laundry dries. : )

KrayeeBites - Congrads on your first jog! Careful...it can get addicting... :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Casi, you're a true runner 4 miles in 30 minutes sounds awesome.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    6/7 for me! Busy day but I did P90X Arms and Shoulders with Ab Ripper for a burn of close to 450 calories!
  • Casi23
    Options
    Eh - it was an ugly sight. haha - I am aspiring to be a true runner!

I want to be able to run five miles like its nothin' .... I used to run half marathons and I just fell outta shape - gotta get back into it.

But thanks though! Good motivation... : )