so where'd you get that gnarly scar?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my left forearm from the inside of my wrist stretching down about 8 inches towards my elbow. When I was 2 my mother had me sitting on the counter next to the stove watching her cook dinner. She turned away to check on my sister real quick and I lost my balance and fell into the pot of boiling water, left hand to bottom of pot up to my elbow. I don't remember it happening, just memories of going to the hospital for treatments afterwards.

I also have a couple on my knees from falling off my bike and a little circle scar from chicken pox on my right temple.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i have what is now a pretty light, inch or so long scar on my palm and back of my hand where a kid on the metro in LA tried to stab me because he thought my hair was stupid...

this was in 2006 when apparently girls with mohawks on their way to work was a highly offensive and enraging thing i guess.

more recently i have a scar on my stomach from being cut nearly in half to have a baby removed, twice. :D lol
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I have a huge burn scar on my calf from standing to closely to a just turned off motorcycle pipe. Oh that was lovely.
    I've done this one, but it's faded so much you really can't see it any more. My big scar runs from under my left armpit and traces the line of my scapula. It's about a foot long. I had a tumor removed when I was three.

I still think my husband has the most gnarly scars I've ever seen. From the foot long, one inch wide scar requiring a skin graft on his shin, to the finger he almost amputated, and most recently the surgery that almost became a shoulder replacement. REally intense scar going from his upper shoulder down the outside of his bicep, that one give me shivers and no in a good way.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 6 inch long vertical scar on the back of my neck that runs from my shoulders to the bottom of my head. It was a second spinal fusion surgery that caused this one.The scar itself isn't that bad, but, during the operation, to make room for all the metal the doc was putting in my neck, he had to lop off three spinous proceesses from my vertebrae. So, not only is the scar long and gnarly, but the whole area sinks in too. Pretty funky looking. Not to mention he cut into my back tattoo also. :(
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    Dead center on my right shin......scar...bigger than a half dollar. Did it 7th grade, ran into a concrete bench(horseplaying) looks like I just did it 2 weeks ago..People can see my white side when I wear shorts........ And I wear it proudly!!!!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    This goes with my post above, husbands open heart surgery and graft site and one of the scars on my legs from breaking my leg.

e4cb6b3e.jpg

ecb91009.jpg

dd8d5d60.jpg

oh heck that is enough scars,
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have one across my collarbone from surgery, I now have a plate and 5 screws in my collarbone, and they way it healed you can see where every stitch was so my boys so my boys say it looks like a bug or a caterpillar :) The stitch marks being the feet lol
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have about a 12 inch scar that runs from my right side to the middle of my back. I was born three months early and had a hole in my heart. I had to have open heart surgery at a few weeks old. At the time it was only like an inch but as I grew it grew.

My husband has a 22 inch scar on his back from his tailbone to the base of his neck. He had to have a his spine fused and rods put it. It's crazy.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    One is under my jawline from being kicked by one of our horses when I was 9 - my fault, not the horse's. Actually the scar from the kick is gone, but the surgical scar is about 3" long...

Then there are 3 ugly abdominal surgery scars....

And the calf of each leg bear scars from an angry, ill-mannered French Bouvier.... They include gashes up to 4" long and 1" deep, and several puncture wounds. Nasty healing process.... (I'm a pet sitter, but this was a neighbor dog, not a client's dog.)

Oh, and the one at the base of my toes on my right foot... a cow walked across my bare feet when I was 6 or 7....

The life of a farm girl, and lessons from the school of hard knocks....
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Playing baseball in the rain when I was about 9 we had cement blocks for bases. Not whole ... more of chunks of cement. So me being the pro player that I was at 9, I slid into 2nd to avoid getting tagged out. Foot tips up, back of thigh exposed (shorts on) and I caught the edge of the cement high on the thigh, tore my leg wide open. I now have to this day a nice "dent" where part of my thich was removed. About 3" wide side-to-side and about 1" high, right under my cheek. Oh yeah its a heart stopper the ladies dig it lol.

Outside that the 10" scare on my right knee from my knee surgery, the scars when my heel was removed and ankly torn open from being dragged by a car and than parked on. That's about it.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1996 Table saw accident, almost cut the top part of my hand off, started at my first finger and went all the way across my palm and then back around the side of my hand to the front (my hand rolled somehow) the palm of my hand looked like it had exploded.... had to be reconstructed to have use of my fingers, plastic surgeon did an awesome job, now it's only numb on the outside of my hand from the tip of my pinky to my wrist, and my fingers work :)

and a 1988 C-section
  • brentdaniels
    Options
    I have one that starts in the middle of my forehead and circles to back behind my left ear(similar to a scar you see from people that have had brain surgery).

I fell from the top of a tanker trailer(12'6") and caught my head on the hose trough on the way down...lucky I did because it turned me enough to not fall on top of my head. This happened in 1996 and I still cannot feel the left side of my head because of extensive nerve damage.

Also for my trouble I got a shattered jaw, tore my eardrum in half, and my left eyelid is surgically repaired with a skin graft.

I do feel lucky though because the guy across the hall from me in intensive care had fallen off of a 3' step ladder and was paralyzed from the chest down.