I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The top pic or the bottom pic, definitely don't go for the middle pic weight. Enjoy life and know that you are beautiful, do not let a guy influence your thinking on how you look and feel. Find a place you are comfortable at and seriously find a new boyfriend.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am going to jump on the dump the boyfriend bandwagon.

Here is why. This is his way of trying to control you. As soon as you get to the weight, then it will be something else. You are no where near being over weight and for him to say that to you is just plain abusive.

You are young, you may not think you can live with out him now, but trust me dear, better to move on with your life with someone that is going to love you for you and treat you with respect than trying to figure out where you are going to go and how you are going to do it with a kid and a toddler. Trust me.

I say this from experience. Been there done that and OF COURSE I did not listen and had to learn my lessons the hard way. You are a beautiful young lady, you are worthy of someone that will love you entirely and never would want to do you any kind of harm by suggesting anything less than what you are is not good enough.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    My first pick as far as the pictures would be the first one, then the third one. I agree with all the others, some good weight training and eating at maintenance is the best thing for you right now. 140-145 for a young woman 5'8" is perfect!

The best weight you could lose is the boyfriend. He is emotionally harming you. I'll bet he tries to control who you are friends with, wants to know where you are at all times, monitors your phone, and tells you he loves you 300 times a day, right? Run far away from this guy, seriously.
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    You don't need to lose any weight! You do need to lose your boyfriend however. If he's the one saying you need to lose weight after or before that first picture was taken he's a nutcase. You looked absolutely gorgeous in that picture. But on the last picture you look healthy as well! Definately NOT the middle picture as you are WAY to thin there!!
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell but first picture looks best. Maybe some weight lifting to help shape your body would help but your middle picture definitely looks too thin in my opinion. I think if you tried to build some muscle on the frame you already have you would be able to easily see your progress.
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    I honesty like the first pic. Not only do you look healthier, you look happier! Get in touch w/you and don't let anybody define who you are! When you start allowing folks to tell you what you need to do w/your body, you lose control of your life! Drop the boyfriend..not the weight! Good luck sweetie! What he should've told you was that you look AMAZING!
  • Windi43
    Windi43 Posts: 11
    Options
    You need a new boyfriend.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    U look HEALITHIER in the last pic then u do in the middle pic, if u want u can add strength training in order to be a bit more toned BUUUUUT u hve to do wht makes u happy. Food and weight shudnt be complicated (i learned that the hard way in middle school) Find YOUR happy despite of wht ur bf , friends, your parents, or anyone else has to say. =)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think you look much healthier in the first and third pictures. The middle picture looks way to skinny!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    The best weight you could lose is the boyfriend. He is emotionally harming you. I'll bet he tries to control who you are friends with, wants to know where you are at all times, monitors your phone, and tells you he loves you 300 times a day, right? Run far away from this guy, seriously.

100%. I dated a guy who thought I was getting chunky when I was at a low end of normal weight. The best weight I ever lost was his sorry *kitten*.

You're young and gorgeous. In the middle picture, the bones showing in your chest and should concern me. You look fragile and frail.
  • Natareeree
    Options
    I think you looked great in your ORIGINAL pic :) ... but where you are today is ALSO great ! ... I personally think that the middle photo is too thin for your height, etc. Anywhere between what you are and what you were at your "heaviest" is amazing <3
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    I think the top picture of you is the best. You're a taller girl (tall to me at least. I'm only 5'1) so I think you look perfect. You look much too skinny in the other pictures. Just my opinion.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback. it's just been so long that i've felt comfortable in my own skin that it's hard for me to see myself clearly so it helps to know what others think.

I think you look great now. In the last photograph, you're probably around 130 and look healthy. I've never known a woman who was 5'8", 130, who was either too skinny or too fat.

Quite honestly, the middle photo is not flattering, but I suspect you know it already. Your face, which is very pretty, looks gaunt in that photo.

As general rule, I think 5'8", 135, is very attractive. In my view, for what it's worth, 130-140 is perfect.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback. it's just been so long that i've felt comfortable in my own skin that it's hard for me to see myself clearly so it helps to know what others think.

You look the best in the first and third pictures. When do you think you were last comfortable in your own skin? Perhaps before you were told you were too heavy? You are young and beautiful please do not try to make everyone else in the world happy. It is never possible. Either people will love you for who you are or they wont. But I can guarantee there are many who will love you for how YOU choose to be:)
  • sandyyy712
    Options

You look the best in the first and third pictures. When do you think you were last comfortable in your own skin? Perhaps before you were told you were too heavy? You are young and beautiful please do not try to make everyone else in the world happy. It is never possible. Either people will love you for who you are or they wont. But I can guarantee there are many who will love you for how YOU choose to be:)

Well despite what everyone on here says, and even though I know I was unhealthy and too thin, I felt the most comfortable in the third pic. It was the first time in my life where I was smaller than everyone else rather than bigger than everyone else. Plus all my clothes fit perfectly and I didn't worry about having 'fat' days.

It's just hard for me to decide whether I want to work really hard and look like that or let go a little and look like how I do now
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Well despite what everyone on here says, and even though I know I was unhealthy and too thin, I felt the most comfortable in the third pic. It was the first time in my life where I was smaller than everyone else rather than bigger than everyone else. Plus all my clothes fit perfectly and I didn't worry about having 'fat' days.

It's just hard for me to decide whether I want to work really hard and look like that or let go a little and look like how I do now

And this is why I don't believe it's always good to go by the mantra "do whatever makes YOU feel best." You KNOW you were unhealthy and too thin. That is not a sustainable way of living. Please take what most people here have said to heart. If you can, see a doctor, or even better - a dietician and/or therapist, to help guide you to a healthier mindset. You're very young and I would hate to see you become set in this way of thinking.

**Wait - do you mean in the second pic? Because you said the third pic, but your other statements make it seem like you mean the second. I think the third pic is fine, the second is the one that worries me, and most other people in this thread. Trying to maintain the third doesn't seem unhealthy (but that assumption is based on appearance alone and not knowing your eating and exercise habits).
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think you look gorgeous in the first picture and healthy in the third. You do not look healthy in the second picture... Life is going to be a lot of ups and downs, you need a boyfriend who loves you for you! I have had 2 children and the greatest gift my husband ever gave me was to show me I was beautiful through it all. He never once told me I needed to lose weight and I would have been devastated if he had! Especially with hormones after having a baby. Whatever you decide to do, do it for you. Everyone has their own opinion, we can't please everyone!
  • ethelapple
    Options
    you are too tall to weigh 120...that makes you look sickly.
  • rs32820
    rs32820 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly....the middle pic is the LEAST FLATTERING photo of you. Waay to skinny! You look much prettier in the other photos.

Agreed!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Which one do you feel like you look like the best? That is important!

I honestly do not think you looks nearly as bad as most are saying the the middle pic.
    Need a little more muscle and you would look great! Looks like you have a strong core :)

I personally like the last picture. Time for some lifting! :D

This exactly. Don't worry about losing the weight you've gained. Eat at maintenance. Start lifting weights.
    Agree with both of these! Start strength training!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!