Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    L1D6 just done. I made it through all the jumping jacks!!! Woohoo!!!! Now, for those pesky push-ups...
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you imdawn! Those fake jump rope things are horrid. I hate them! I usually end up jogging in place.

WTG Missyjane! That's awesome and I'm totally jealous!
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 done!

I upped the weights for some of the work out today. I think it really made a difference.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with my weight loss though. I've only lost 1 lb since starting the program 9 days ago. And I've been keeping my calorie intake down to 1200. I was so hoping to see more of a drastic weight loss in the beginning. :ohwell:

My husband (who is a work out machine) keeps saying to stick with it, it will come and I know I am "losing" I just wanted it to be quicker than it is! I hope by upping the weights and shortly moving on to Level 2, that will help boost up the weight loss and fat burning.

So, we keep plugging along...
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    did the matabolism boost yesterday and WOW I am sore this morning andI normally dont get sore from work outs. Today is L2D4 of shred for me!!!

Had to go buy new pants over the weekend because all of ine are falling off!! So happy
  • missyjane
    Options
    Mimi, Are you eating your exercise calories? If not, I strongly recommend doing that. You may be putting yourself into "starvation mode." I hate that phrase, but it is true!
  • missyjane
    Options
    Breezy, new pants: soooooooooooooooo awesome!!!! I'm wearing pants today that were way too tight a few weeks ago but I can't wait to need to buy all new ones. That's one expense I won't be upset about!
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Mimi, Are you eating your exercise calories? If not, I strongly recommend doing that. You may be putting yourself into "starvation mode." I hate that phrase, but it is true!

No, I'm not eating my work out calories... Perhaps I should start. I feel like I'm eating constantly at the moment with 3 meals and 3 snacks! Maybe I need to add in those calories too. Thanks for the tip MissyJane!
  • jennifer02
    Options
    I just got this the other day and I'm planning to start it on Tues 19th, and do it 3 days a week (on days I don't go to the gym). So glad to see someone started up a support group on here for Shred!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :happy: Level 1 Day 9 done! Still having a little trouble with the jumping jacks because of my sore knee. I think I'm going to repeat L1 for another 10 days and see what happens.

Had my job interview today--I think it went well. Just have to wait now.:tongue:
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Day 10 Level 1 done! :happy:

Tomorrow I begin level 2.

I'm down 1.5 lbs since starting 30 Day Shred and have lost 0 inches everywhere. Hopefully Level 2 will kick this up a notch (or two). I'm a bit nervous to start Level 2 because there are still things in Level 1 I find very difficult, but I'm ready to move on.
  • missyjane
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how level two goes for you, Mimi!
    I realized yesterday that I had worked out for six days straight so I took last night off. It was kind of hard to resist the lure of doing a workout. Weird how it is such an obsession for a while but then I somehow always seem to get out of the habit after a time. I really hope to stick with it for longer than just a few months this time...
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how level two goes for you, Mimi!

I'll let you know! I upped the weights to 5lbs today so I'm feelin' it right now. And I plan on being sore and tired throughout the weekend!
    I realized yesterday that I had worked out for six days straight so I took last night off. It was kind of hard to resist the lure of doing a workout. Weird how it is such an obsession for a while but then I somehow always seem to get out of the habit after a time. I really hope to stick with it for longer than just a few months this time...

I hear ya! I had to push myself the first few days because I knew if I took a day off, I'd never go back. And getting up at 5 has been a struggle, but once it's done, I'm so happy I did it because now I don't have to "find time" to work out in the day. Although I am looking forward to "sleeping in" tomorrow. Getting up at 5 everyday makes 7:00 seem so late! Maybe the boys will let me lay in until 7:30.... who knows!

Keep it up MissyJane... we can do it!!!!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Mimi, I'm going to start getting up at 5 as well to do the Shred! I've heard such wonderful things about it, so I'm going to give it a shot! I am not a morning person, so this should be interesting. I may try to start tomorrow rather than Monday and get up at 5 both tomorrow and Sunday. I can always go back to bed if I want. :smile: Actually...yeah. That's what I'm going to do.
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Got my DVD in the mail last night! I'm going to start the shred tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
  • kswietek
    Options
    I'm a shredder!!! I started on Jan 5th and I did level one for one week, started level two on the 12th.

Does anyone have any tips for entering the exercise in?
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Mimi, I'm going to start getting up at 5 as well to do the Shred! I've heard such wonderful things about it, so I'm going to give it a shot! I am not a morning person, so this should be interesting. I may try to start tomorrow rather than Monday and get up at 5 both tomorrow and Sunday. I can always go back to bed if I want. :smile: Actually...yeah. That's what I'm going to do.

Good luck! 1Cor13! I actually like it (but I'm so tired by the end of the day!)

Does anyone have any tips for entering the exercise in?

kswietek - I enter mine as cardio 20 minutes of circuit training.
  • CCH410
    CCH410 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just got the 30 Day Shred and am going to start on Sunday 1/17. I am down to the wire with my weight loss and it is do or die. I am getting married in a little less than 3 months and my dress doesn't fit. I'm so glad to see this thread and I will be checking in and posting results to try to hold myself accountable.

Those of you that are already doing this program, what do you find gives you the best results? Do it everyday? Do it everyday and add in something else like elliptical or treadmill? Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Good luck! 1Cor13! I actually like it (but I'm so tired by the end of the day!)

Thanks! I'll definitely let you know how it goes! I'm so psyched to start! I might start today...the only thing is I have to get my SO to leave the room. And he loves to try to annoy me (in a good way), so I know he'll sneak into the room, and I can't do it if he's watching! LOL He'll wanna watch anyway...he's a guy.
  • Roberts68
    Options
    how many calories does the jillian michaels burn?? level 1, level 2, level 3.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I am SO sore today from all the furniture moving I've been doing! I think I'll take the day off from Shredding and go for a long walk instead!:smile:

:happy: BTW--Lost 2 1/2 pounds this week!:happy: