Read this if you never want to eat pop-tarts again.

Options

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    already knew that... but i will still have the occasional blueberry muffin or cookies and cream flavor pop tart :]p
    was a vegetarian for 4 years in high school and stopped eating jello, spreads, and read the labels etc.
    did you know that every jar of pb has insect legs in it? and that every chocolate bar could have rat hairs (fda approved). did you know that drinking right out of a soda can could transmit diseases spread by rats as they run over pellets of them? there are a lot grosser things then using ALL of an animal that you were already killing to make meat.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    never tried one !
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I gave up gelatin years ago for kosher reasons. That being said there are kosher products that use fish or plant gelatin and it is around (like KoJel) if you want to add gelatin free to your lifestyle.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    you're just now learning how they make gelatin?
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way (I'm not trying to insult) but, if you're not a vegetarian, then what's the problem?

Who says what's the "leftover" part of the meat. An animal is an animal and humans eat many different varieties of animals. Now, if they injected the pig with some sort of gelatin enhancing man-made chemical that's not so healthy for humans, I might have a problem with it.

Either way, Pop Tarts certainly are tasty. :smile:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post. Now I want pop tarts and will petition the company to start making bacon flavored pop tarts.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Too me, as long as it is natural & from the earth so be it, veggies & plants from the ground, fruits from the trees, insects, cows, pigs. Anything that is natural I don't mind. I would much rather eat all of the parts of these than something that is man made through chemicals. That is the stuff that I don't want to put in my body b/c it's not something that our body was made to break down originally.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    What did you think gelatin was? This is what it is and always has been. Our food chain is full of foods that are made from various animal parts. Doesn't sound too appetizing but for me I would rather have gelatin from an animal than many genetically chemical ly fill products. As for poptarts, I don't eat them because of their high calories and high carbs. But probably the least concerning ingredient in a poptart for me is the gelatin.

I think we are too quick on this site to make every food out to be something horrible. Each person needs to just educate themselves on what they are eating and decide for themselves what they wish to put in their bodies.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    SORRY. I adore pop tarts and even though I will NO LONGER EAT 4 AT A TIME I will continue to eat them.. especially brown sugar cinnamon frosted.
    by the way,, there is a popular medicine out for menopausal women MADE FROM THE URINE OF PREGNANT MARES. Yeah.. whatever... say ugh if you want... but my life would have been hell if my mother hadn't been on it...
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Im craving poptarts now dammit,,,,,,,,,,, and some jello on the side mmmmmmm
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    productsmadefromcattle.jpg

FYI< I'm not hating on vegans, just wanted to post this since it's relative to the conversation.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hahaha sorry the first post made me laugh so hard :D

Everyone yes, they use every part of animal and more lol and no one died from it yet ...
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This is all I could think about while reading this

http://wn.com/brian_regan_pop_tarts

c6b8e54d.jpg
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I still don't know what all is in hot dogs but I find them to be extremely yummy :-) I don't eat pop tarts very often but the info was super fun to read.. Thanks :drinker:
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh yeh and they use the Placenta from cows and sheep for shampoo conditioner and skin care products, and have done for many many years.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way (I'm not trying to insult) but, if you're not a vegetarian, then what's the problem?

Who says what's the "leftover" part of the meat. An animal is an animal and humans eat many different varieties of animals. Now, if they injected the pig with some sort of gelatin enhancing man-made chemical that's not so healthy for humans, I might have a problem with it.

Either way, Pop Tarts certainly are tasty. :smile:

i don,t usually explain y i became veggie but u hit 1 of the reasons on the head . when i was 16 i read a book and it was about a survey that had been done i think it was north america anyway between these 2 dates the babies that were being born the girls had extra hair growth and the males breasts and hormonal things and the only coincidence was the meat these people were eating as the farmers had injected their cattle with hormones to get bigger animals so they got more money per weight ( now i know it is illegal to do this in most countries now ) but it was just 1 of the reasons i gave up meat .although nearly everything i eat now is processed as im too lazy to cook from scratch
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    But really... no one is eating poptarts thinking they're health food.... If I'm eating a poptart, believe me, I'm not worried about bugs or pork gelatin.

Also, extra protein. :flowerforyou:
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Only thing that keeps me from eating them is the calories.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Meh...I don't eat them because they are empty calories I can spend elsewhere. For the caloric value of 2 poptarts I can have half a cup of oatmeal, half a cup of almond milk, half a cup of blueberries and a medium banana.