Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• MAJr12
    MAJr12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quick question, I'm planning on starting today, as well. I didn't see Insanity as one of the exercises under the cardio section. Generally speaking, what are people inputting as their work for the day?
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Quick question, I'm planning on starting today, as well. I didn't see Insanity as one of the exercises under the cardio section. Generally speaking, what are people inputting as their work for the day?

I use a heart rate monitor and create custom entries so I can use those results.
  • telcochik
    Options

You're not supposed to do the recovery week DVD so that you're out of breath....supposed to keep it at a level so that you're getting a workout, but NOT so much that you're out of breath. Recovery week really helped my shoulders feel like they got into better shape without actually killing me.

Thanks Vansy! Good luck to you with The Asylum. That one is NO JOKE!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 Core Cardio & Balance

!/2 way through recovery week. I'm gearing up to start Month 2 on Monday!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 5 Day 4 Core Cardio & Balance

Another day down and I'm still feeling great. :bigsmile:
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well my plan was to start back today but my leg feels worse today than ever! Yesterday it felt great and i was excited to start again. Will see how it is tomorrow, even if i take a week off its better than doing more damage and i can still carry on after. Just a pain in the butt and getting me down.

Glad to see everyone else is doing good!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Well my plan was to start back today but my leg feels worse today than ever! Yesterday it felt great and i was excited to start again. Will see how it is tomorrow, even if i take a week off its better than doing more damage and i can still carry on after. Just a pain in the butt and getting me down.

Glad to see everyone else is doing good!

Hang in there Puckers! You'll be back at it in no time!!!
  • puckers82
    Options
    Thank you!

Well i just did pure cardio and cardio abs, feels great to be back to it!!! One of my boys joined in too, he loves exercise, but at a much slower pace!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 5 Day 5 Core Cardio & Balance

Whew one more day of recovery week and then MONTH 2 begins!!! OMG I'm scared and excited at the same time. :laugh:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 5 Day 6 Core Cardio & Balance

Today was the last workout in the Recovery Week and Monday starts the 2nd month of the program. I confess I'm extremely nervous because the workouts are much longer and I hope I'm able to make it all the way through. I refuse to let my fear get the best of me though so onward we go!!!
  • puckers82
    Options
    Good luck with month 2!!

I like this because your a week in front of me so i get a pre-view lol
  • telcochik
    Options
    LOL Puckers! As long as my preview doesn't send you into a tailspin I'm glad it's helpful. I previewed Monday's workout this morning (Max Cardio Intervals) and OMG I'm scared! 60 minutes long and 3 interval segments repeated 3 times each...I was tired just watching it!!!
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of month 2 for insanity. I'm excited to dig deep, lol. I did the fit test yesterday cause I was not able to get in my morning run and I was already dressed to exercise. I will post my results later this afternoon. I will be increasing my calories to 1400. I'm down 3 lbs since starting.
  • ktull68
    ktull68 Posts: 19
    Options
    That's a good idea to not look at the screen!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Today is the start of month 2 for insanity. I'm excited to dig deep, lol. I did the fit test yesterday cause I was not able to get in my morning run and I was already dressed to exercise. I will post my results later this afternoon. I will be increasing my calories to 1400. I'm down 3 lbs since starting.

You're a better woman than I am because I totally skipped the Fit Test which I had planned to do on Sunday. Since that's my rest day I talked myself out of putting on workout clothes and getting it done. My body really wanted to do nothing. I did take my dog out for a 1.5 mile walk in the afternoon just so I didn't feel totally lazy. Maybe I'll squeeze it in later in the week.

Great job on the weight loss! Good luck with Month 2...it's gonna be INTENSE!!!!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 - Max Interval Circuit

OMG I didn't think it was possible to sweat so much! I made it through the entire 60 minute workout but I took very frequent breaks just to do it. This one is the hardest so far (and the longest). 3 interval segments, 3 times each...my legs are TIRED now! I'm going to play with my calories depending on how I feel each day. I'm still tracking to eat at least 1750 but won't deprive myself if I need a bit more on any given day. Food focus this month is on calorie quality which means if I need to add something it will be either a lean protein or good carb. No junk, no processed foods, and another 30 days without wine on the weekend....tough with football season fast approaching but I am determined to finish the program with a clean and fit body.

Onward....
  • GettingDBack
    Options
    I culd not do the fit test and max pylo on the same day, glad I did the fit test on Sun.
  • GettingDBack
    Options
    Fit Test 3 Results

Switch Kicks (55) 60 (70)
    Power Jacks (63) 64 (69)
    Power Knees (116) 129 (134)
    Power Jumps (40) 45 (50)
    Globe Jumps (12) 12 (13)
    Suicide Jumps (17) 22 (23)
    Push Up Jacks (25) 30 (36)
    *Low Plank Oblique (35) 41 (45)
  • telcochik
    Options
    You're a better woman than me! I couldn't even muster up the energy on Sunday to get the Fit Test done so at this point I just skipped it and went right in to Month 2. Your results are FANTASTIC!!! You should be very proud!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 Max Interval Plyo

Damn, day 2 and I woke up SORE!!! I hobbled down to the basement to get my workout going and again while I got through it I in no way would call my effort MAX. Those side push ups were so hard...I think I only did 1 or 2 with correct form. This one is definitely going to challenge me. Best part of the workout...realizing that the 3rd interval circuit was only 1x through and not 3x like the others!