Does anyone HATE water as much as i do?

Options

Replies

• Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tried a 30 day water challenge (Only drinking water for 30 days, with the ONLY exception of milk, as long as it's with cereal only). It not only hydrated me and kept me healthy, but I learned to love and even crave, yes, water. Although it was harder getting in the nutrients I needed only drinking water, it was worth it.

Oh and for the post bashing on someone for saying "I have the bladder of a little girl" Calm down. They meant in no way what you were implying. You took things to that level.
    Bladder control is serious. Maybe if you were a little girl once you would understand. What he said was hateful, and I won't stand for discriminatory hate smearing on these forums.

Overreact much? It was a metaphor for having a small bladder...As someone who at one point in their life was an 8 year old girl, I think you need to get your friggen priorities straight. There was no bullying until you started freaking out because someone made a harmless joke. Take your issues somewhere else

Edit to add: I really liked the bit about 'hate smear' so basically he said "8 year old girls have small bladders so they suck'
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I tried a 30 day water challenge (Only drinking water for 30 days, with the ONLY exception of milk, as long as it's with cereal only). It not only hydrated me and kept me healthy, but I learned to love and even crave, yes, water. Although it was harder getting in the nutrients I needed only drinking water, it was worth it.

Oh and for the post bashing on someone for saying "I have the bladder of a little girl" Calm down. They meant in no way what you were implying. You took things to that level.
    Bladder control is serious. Maybe if you were a little girl once you would understand. What he said was hateful, and I won't stand for discriminatory hate smearing on these forums.

Overreact much? It was a metaphor for having a small bladder...As someone who at one point in their life was an 8 year old girl, I think you need to get your friggen priorities straight. There was no bullying until you started freaking out because someone made a harmless joke. Take your issues somewhere else

Edit to add: I really liked the bit about 'hate smear' so basically he said "8 year old girls have small bladders so they suck'

^^^^Exxxxxxxactly. So you get what I'm sayin', right?!
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    64 ozs a day. P90x is working and that's part of it. I don't drink tap, just bottled. to the person who says the need to drink that much water is myth need only look at the bottom of their food diary. Why log it if it's a myth? That and every major successful diet preaches 64ozs a day. Don't want to really get in flame war but to equate coke etc as a substitute is truly an amazingly wrong statement. but hey it does take rust off a bumper.

success to all on whatever health path you're on

I don't know why MFP has people logging their water. Probably because they've bought into the MYTH that you need to drink a lot of water. You do not.

All you need to do to stay hydrated is drink a beverage when you feel thirsty. Things like sugar or aspartame or caffeine don't affect the hydration - there are other reasons you might want to avoid those things, but they've nothing to do with hydration.

If you are in an extreme situation, such as running a marathon or hiking in a hot desert, then you need to give conscious thought to your fluid intake. Otherwise, just go by thirst.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

I don't know why MFP has people logging their water. Probably because they've bought into the MYTH that you need to drink a lot of water. You do not.

All you need to do to stay hydrated is drink a beverage when you feel thirsty. Things like sugar or aspartame or caffeine don't affect the hydration - there are other reasons you might want to avoid those things, but they've nothing to do with hydration.

If you are in an extreme situation, such as running a marathon or hiking in a hot desert, then you need to give conscious thought to your fluid intake. Otherwise, just go by thirst.

I love you.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    i have a really hard time drinking water, and adding something makes me get bored to easy. I add crystal light or sugar free but mix it weak and change it often so i don't get bored and it is working better for me.:drinker:

Crystal Light has a flavor that is said to help metabolism. I love it.
  • noza666
    noza666 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love water, i dont know why people dont like it, i know its personal taste but i love to drink it, nice and cold, i drink my 8 glasses before lunch sometimes. good luck with everyones water consumption though :)
  • jbarlow715
    Options
    I cant believe talk about loving and hating water went on for 6 pages!! More importantly - I cant believe I read the whole thread. Two things kept me going:

1) The oxygen comments and the ridiculousness of someone reposting it after she edited it. :devil:
    2) The 8 year old bladder talk.

Thank you for the entertainment! :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I cant believe talk about loving and hating water went on for 6 pages!! More importantly - I cant believe I read the whole thread. Two things kept me going:

1) The oxygen comments and the ridiculousness of someone reposting it after she edited it. :devil:
    2) The 8 year old bladder talk.

Thank you for the entertainment! :laugh:

You're welcome
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    lol I have a hard time understanding how anyone could hate water, or the "taste" of it. Water doesn't have a taste.
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE seltzer water (like La Croix) with a hint of flavor, no sweetener or sodium. Just a hint of flavor. It has more than DOUBLED the amount of water I drink per day!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Spoken like someone with the bladder of a middle aged women that had a baby....

I hate water because it makes me pee when I do jumping jacks. And when I sneeze. I'm just going to ban it completely from my house, except for washing dishes and shower time. I have the bladder of a middle aged women that had a baby. It's not a laughing matter!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

I hate water because it makes me pee when I do jumping jacks. And when I sneeze. I'm just going to ban it completely from my house, except for washing dishes and shower time. I have the bladder of a middle aged women that had a baby. It's not a laughing matter!

Only because laughing would be DANGEROUS.

*nod*
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Only because laughing would be DANGEROUS.

*nod*

YES! That too. :embarassed:
  • Jargarita
    Jargarita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I didn't drink much water until I picked up a Brita water jug filter thing to keep in the fridge. The carbon seems to cancel out some of the yucky flavors and the rest is knocked out cause the water is nice and cold so it kinda numbs my taste buds :D I also like to add Mio or Crystal Light to it every now and then.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I can't stand drinking just regular water. I like lemons in it, but that is counter productive as lemons are a dietetic. I like putting in water flavor things like mio...usually and iced tea flavor...again dietetic. I don't drink enough of anything period and my fav thing to consume is coffee. So now i duno what to do. I have to get more in, but do i just period get more in or try and suffer through regular water consumption.

This ^^^^^^
    Most water flavor enhancers use Splenda which I am highly allergic too. I am like you and find plain water boring. I only drink ice water when I do drink plain water. I have found a way of getting my water intake up and it is herbal spearmint or peppermint ice tea with Nunaturals nu-stevia. I do not believe I have to drink plain water to benefit my body. This is just a suggestion because like you I became bored with lemon water.

Sorry I am editing this to add another suggestion for you, I also drink sugar free koolaid in various flavors (cherry flavor is my favorite) I add my Stevia to it and never get bored.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    lol I have a hard time understanding how anyone could hate water, or the "taste" of it. Water doesn't have a taste.

Why would I enjoy drink that has the same taste as air? It's only enjoyable when you've been dehydrated for several hours and then its purely psychological enjoyment rather than psychical.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I hate water. I've tried Crystal Light, adding lemons or limes and anything else anyone suggests.
    Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options

^^^^Exxxxxxxactly. So you get what I'm sayin', right?!

No...I think you're overreacting. the edit was supposed to be read with dripping sarcasm.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    EvmNb.jpg

Wow thanks for setting the record straight!! SHOCKING!! No more water for me!! :laugh:
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't get why some people dislike water. It's necessary for our survival. To each their own, I love my ice water.

cheers!