Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'v been resuscitated.

What was that like?
  • waygor
    waygor Posts: 17
    Options
    I've had one interview in the last 5 month of unemployment.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've written an 80K word novel that I hope to have sold this winter.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I met Michael J. Fox while he was filming The Frightners, Billy Joel and Christy Brinkley when he was on tour.
    I listened to a young lady perform at her high school before she made it big in New Zealand.
    I met Temuera Morrison in Kaikoura. He was in Speed 2 and Star Wars episode 1 & 2.
    I am one year younger than my brother.
  • MJH5773
    MJH5773 Posts: 70
    Options
    Nothing too weird but I have a gigantic birth mark on the left side of my body and its about the size of my hand. Ever since I was a kid when I would go to a Doctors office or somewhere to get examined I'm always asked what happened there. There have even been a couple of times where Doctors have wanted to talk to me in private and ask if my parents had abused me.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Interesting parts of my life...

Did fashion modeling in Manhattan at age six. Did beta-testing for a college research study based on computer programming in python, when I was twelve (it really messed up their research since the whole thing was aimed at college-age people). Got my high school diploma at age fourteen. Traveled around the states and Canada alone at age sixteen. Studied Aikido for four years and was only a few months away from black belt when I moved out of state. Became vegan for a couple months when I got my first job in Portland: working fast food at the Greyhound station (so rebellious of me). Wrote four novels, two of which I completed in one month. Threw a rave after it was cool.

Too bad I thoughtlessly signed up with my real name, otherwise I could say even more "interesting" things, ha ha.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'v been resuscitated.

What was that like?

I don't remember it because I was young and dumb. I overdosed and woke up in the hospital 3 days later where they told me about it. Lots of residual rib pain (CPR breaks ribs) but I learned from it and NEVER touched another drug, stopped smoking and drinking. Now I am a nurse who takes care of people who are detoxing.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I met Michael J. Fox while he was filming The Frightners, Billy Joel and Christy Brinkley when he was on tour.
    I listened to a young lady perform at her high school before she made it big in New Zealand.
    I met Temuera Morrison in Kaikoura. He was in Speed 2 and Star Wars episode 1 & 2.
    I am one year younger than my brother.

I've met Fabio! LOL
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I was nearly kidnapped as a child.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I felt from my bike a couple of years ago, worked one year for recovering my arm's movement
    My kitten and I talk together sometimes about pretty much everything. We were debatting this morning about human purpose
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I currently live in Japan!! :D Its amazing!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I had a near death experience when I was in hospital due to a case of amoebiasis (I have the worst case so much so that doctors warned me that it will trigger my body again if I'm not being careful). I was10 years old at that time.

This is my second life now.
  • CraigCooke
    CraigCooke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Unicorn :-)
  • HannahK08
    HannahK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im jealous lol
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    i was born with pointy elf ears and a hunger for freedom.
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    At 16 I was transplanted from the USA to a small Micronesian island called Saipan. All the amenities I took for granted (clean running water, consistent electricity, sidewalks, etc) weren't there. Probably one of the most defining moments in my life because it was there that I actually learned about how fortunate I was and that at that time (in the USA) I was wasting my education (started cutting school) and talent. It taught me how to take every opportunity and make the most of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hey! I live in Guam... Practically neighbors :)
  • PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One of my songs was played on TV and Radio
    The same song also won a €10,000 Music Video Competition
  • katiefly86
    Options
    I slept through a mortar attack while deployed to Iraq. It flew right over me and landed about 1/4 of a mile away! Didn't know it happened until someone banged on my door looking for me, to get accountability. And I can quack like a duck!!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I don't have a very interesting life.. eventful yes..

Something different that I do though is foster for the animal shelter.. usually sick kittens. The first time I fostered, it was a litter of 5 really sick kittens, it was 6 months of giving them twice-a-day needles, tablets, and syringed antibiotics, ended up keeping the sickest one :) The next time I fostered another little sick one called Milo who needed the same treatment, he died soon after :( and the most recent was a deaf kitten called Daisy who meowed like chewbacca, all day... all night.......
    I haven't fostered in a few months as I'm just adjusting to some changes in my life but I'm looking forward to getting back into it soon :) x
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    During one of the many medical procedures as a kid, due to a heart problem, I had an out if body experience. After the procedure, in which I was anesthetized, I could tell the doctors everything that happened in the room,even conversations. I was 7, and remember looking down on myself laying on the gurney. Could even tell them the song playing on the radio. Still remember what it was like to look down upon oneself.