Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    WHOA!!! GOODNESS!! I can NOT KEEP UP with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing really good at measuring things......today I measured some noodles and realized that I USED to be making 3 to 4 servings that I thought was ONE!!! No wonder I gained all this weight!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :explode:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I was just looking at the picture and it looks like it's red in the spot were my sports bra wasn't there. Weird.
    12-09to1-10110.jpg
    and yes I know nice pic of my chest!!!:noway: :noway:

Sheesh Sam, Here I am innocently playing Super Mario brothers and DW sitting on the other side of the room goes, "Sam wants to know if anyone gets red marks like this on their chest when they wear a sports bra" She turns the screen to me and I died on Mario Brothers. You owe me one life on mario bros. lol

Despite being told not too I couldnt resist getting on the bike for a little while today. Had a good moderate spin and burned around 500 cals. Looking forward to some turkey chili for supper tonight!

Have a good one my team!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sheesh Sam, Here I am innocently playing Super Mario brothers and DW sitting on the other side of the room goes, "Sam wants to know if anyone gets red marks like this on their chest when they wear a sports bra" She turns the screen to me and I died on Mario Brothers. You owe me one life on mario bros. lol

Beth did you slap him for that? I would have. Not in a bad way though. Yes I know they are crazy big and they have been reduced. :sad: :sad: :sad: Thanks for making me belly laugh though. Guess she likes to see your reaction to boobs!!:laugh:

I did say that you couldn't help me on this one so she surely wanted to see your reaction!!

I am still not feeling great and thought working out would help but the pain and pressure in my right sinus is KILLING ME!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    WHOA!!! GOODNESS!! I can NOT KEEP UP with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing really good at measuring things......today I measured some noodles and realized that I USED to be making 3 to 4 servings that I thought was ONE!!! No wonder I gained all this weight!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :explode:

that is one of the wonders of measurement! I saw a thread here today about stuffing ones self. I did that too......no more! I have steak, weigh 4 oz and eat. I am so full how could I eat more!

You are makign the right choices now! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so I don't think I'm going to venture out into public with this link-- people may find it "offensive." But, this totally cracks me up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34881925/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/

giggle.gif
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so I don't think I'm going to venture out into public with this link-- people may find it "offensive." But, this totally cracks me up.

giggle.gif
    giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

giggle.gif

I saw that too....hehehe.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh for the love of God--

Check this quote--

"And, like, that was, like, really, like, I feel, like, great."

Now add a Japanese accent to it-- this is the person I'm currently transcribing. She was born in Tokyo-- learned English as her second language and this is how she speaks English--

We are ripe to be conquered.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Oh for the love of God--

Check this quote--

Now add a Japanese accent to it-- this is the person I'm currently transcribing. She was born in Tokyo-- learned English as her second language and this is how she speaks English--

WOW. Like, I would to love to like, slap, the person who, like, taught her to, like, speak that way. Good Lord.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh for the love of God--

Check this quote--

WOW. Like, I would to love to like, slap, the person who, like, taught her to, like, speak that way. Good Lord.
    Like, seriously. :wink:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, I blew my calories today. Always happens on payday. I will redeem myself for it tomorrow. I promise !:grumble: :noway:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

giggle.gif

That is soo wrong... but talk about motivation.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Marla that was a funny story. Can't help but chuckle.

Nice boobs Sam. :huh: :bigsmile: I can see the red indentation I was talking about, but I also see the red where the bra wasn't that you are talking about. Not sure, probably just a heat type rashy thing.

I had a lovely evening with my 12 year old son. His younger brother is at a friend's house, my DH's 2 are with their mom this weekend. I enjoy the rare times it's just him and I. He's a good kid and I don't get to spend enough time with just him- or any of them for that matter.

We ran to the outlets, I had a few returns, the darn things closed at 7. Stupid 'winter hours'. It's a resort town, so I guess winter is slow, but 7??? I left him pick where we were eating. He's a breakfast nut, so we went to iHop. I havne't been to one in quite a while, but was impressed with their healthy selections, that included all the nutritional info. Thumbs up iHop.

I did pick a healthy meal combo, then ate DS's hash browns and too much syrup, but it was my cheat meal for the week, so I'm not feeling guilty or sweating it. I logged it and clicked I was done for the day and MPF told me I would gain weight if every day was like today. No *kitten*! LOL

I have also been measuring. Still I find, I've been cheating myself. More often than not I was eyeballing too small. I guess I was being on the safe side.

Since we all share TMI, here is mine for the night. Good thing DH is in Texas. Protein shake for breakfast, eggs for after workout snack, protein shake for snack, egg beaters for dinner. It's gonna be U-G-L-Y! If I had some, I might consider Beano right about now. If bad smell was a competition, I think I would be able to give the dog a run for his money! :laugh: Ahhh, the things eating healthy does for ones body.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, I blew my calories today. Always happens on payday. I will redeem myself for it tomorrow. I promise !:grumble: :noway:

Okay so I couldn't stand myself and ended up doing 3.5 more miles on the bike. I'm good now.:yawn:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    HEY RONI! I did 5 pull ups all together so far today, maybe I'll try another one with my heavy pancake ladden rear end!

My son and I were talking. I'm not sure if what I'm doing is offically called a pull up.

th_irongym.jpg

Ok, see the little handle thingys that stick out? I use them- what are they called? I can also use the inside black foamy area if my fingers face me, which I think is a chin up. I can not do what that very muscular man in the picture is doing. My arms are too far apart to have the strength to get me up.

So, anyway, I'm going to call them pull ups. I can hold on to those little handles, pull my body off the floor, let my arms back down and then once again pull my body up so my chin is above the bar. Close enough.

Edit: By the way, this thing is pretty cool. I paid $20 for it when I got it for him for xmas, but have since seen it in those 'As Seen on TV' stores for $15.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori, my 14 year old asked and received one for Christmas, too-- he loves it.

Happy to report that I practiced this day what I preach-- having absolutely no energy or desire to run this evening, a 41 degree night in the middle of January was a gift that I couldn't pass up.

The medications bloat me up and totally wear me down, and I plodded, believe me, through my run-- but, I did 5k in 32:30, which I'll take--

I still feel crappy physically, but am soaring mentally and spiritually for forcing myself out-- and very thankful for my hubs who made it all possible by taking upon himself this night some of my work load.

Have a great evening, my friends--
  • Marla64
    Options
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34881243/ns/health-behavior/

Saw this and thought of you all-- you raise me up, people.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    You are all so motivational and lovely people. Thankyou for posting and keeping me going and laughing.

I have got up this morning feeling guilt because nothing got weighed last night and I had a cheat meal I wasn't planning on. DH came back from work last night in a bad mood and quite upset so tried to have quality time with him. I have had a good morning so far, washing done and either in airing cupboard or in the tumble dryer, ironing done, 10 minutes on rowing machine done followed by 30 minutes on the bike, felt like I coiuld cycle forever but didn't want to push the fact that the 2 little ones were actually behaving and watching playhouse disney while their 2 big brothers are still in bed (its just 9am here). Better go and have an assited shower now - 2 year old will come in with me (much fun!!).

Hope everyone has a good weekend
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

That's why I like being broke Bobbi!:laugh: Seriously though, I know what you mean. Yesterday was payday around here too, PLUS we had my oldest sons' birthday dinner. He got to choose what he wanted. He chose Pizza Puffs from a local REALLY GOOD pizzeria. GIANT pizza puffs from a local really good pizzeria:grumble: But, he's just turned 20 and has the metabolism of a cheetah:ohwell:

The gym will soooo being seeing my hiney today!:laugh:
  • Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I want to thank the team for the motivation to lose the weight FINALLY. I have not been very good about logging everything, but I have kicked up my exercise and I am thinking about what I eat first instead of just eating.
    I took the day off from thinking yesterday and had 2.5 chocolate chip cookies. UGH.
    My personal challenge this week is to add strength training in 2 times this week. I need to get some muscles for bathing suit time on the cruise at the end of March.
    have a good weekend all and drink your water and MOVE! I am going to!