Abstinence :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    separate bedrooms.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've been on the pill for 2 years and haven't had any problems losing weight.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Implanon...and I LOVE it. No period since Feb, no side effects. Its truly awesome
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I do the low-dose hormone pill and take it so I only have a period every 3 months. This doesn't work for everyone, but don't try it unless you are taking the same dose of hormone every week of the pills. I've tried just about everything, and this is the best option for me. Also, my bf is fixed so I just take it so I don't cycle every month. I had a friend who had the IUD puncture her uterus, and another friend whose husband felt it stabbing his penis during intercourse. . . so I decided against that idea! Good luck to you! :wink:
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Go Greek, use Trojans!
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    Best birth control = celibacy. Works for me
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    None – I had my husband neutered!!!
    The deal was I have the kids then you get fixed!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    The last birth control I used was the Nuva ring.
    After I got over the whole insertion part, it wasn't bad at all.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    bump :) looking for new BC
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have the 'rod' implant (I can't remember the technical term!) but it's mainly for easing my menstrual cramps and cycles as they're classed as 'medically severe' as I loose at least three times as much as I should do.

I didn't put any weight on but it is pretty typical to do so though as its basically feeding hormones into me. Although I now hardly ever have periods they're alot lighter (so much so my stock of extra strength tampons is no longer required!) but the cramps are just as bad though.

Annoyingly I haven't had a period for three months and now, the day before I go see my boyfriend for the last time in aaaages I start >__< bloody typical (pun mildly intended).
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love you too baberz! Muah ;)
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was on seasonique for about 6 months because my period was always extremely irregular and started to bleed for the last 2 months. Yeah that's right, I bled for 2 months straight. It was a pain in the butt so I switched over to a regular monthly dose. I stopped bleeding immediately wooh.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have ethical issues with both hormones and IUD. There really ARE natural ways to avoid pregnancy and it's been mentioned by a couple of people. And I'm not talking about pulling out. lol

Of course, I have no man in sight so no worries... but if one was available/acceptable, I would still have to choose abstinence (although I do have some non-latex condoms collecting dust in the closet). I'm almost 40, and while I'd hoped to have another child (I have a four year old), it's just too difficult financially, physically, and emotionally to go it alone.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm on Implanon, which I totally love, but in an effort to save a little money and go the non-hormonal route, I was thinking of using the Todd Akin method, and just making sure that all my future sexual encounters are legitimate rapes.

By far the funniest thing i've read in awhile!
  • inkosazana
    Options
    I use Nuva-Ring, I was on a combination pill prior to that I and I did definitely find that it was harder to loose weight. The Nuva-Ring certainly works better for me than the pill.
  • scarlet_goddess13
    Options
    I have the implanon. Best decision i ever made! Lighted up my periods so much and there was no side effect of weight gain that I experienced!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I use Nuva-Ring, I was on a combination pill prior to that I and I did definitely find that it was harder to loose weight. The Nuva-Ring certainly works better for me than the pill.

I concur.
  • case87
    case87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on Implanon, which I totally love, but in an effort to save a little money and go the non-hormonal route, I was thinking of using the Todd Akin method, and just making sure that all my future sexual encounters are legitimate rapes.

<3 This! :)
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Used to use the "PULL N PRAY" method, worked for 14 years....and now I have a 1 year old and TIED TUBES :)