Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    Rachi10014 – Exercising on a rest day is very admirable. It shows your commitment to loosing and will make up for a day when you might end up skipping working out. Way to go!

Metamorphysis- Welcome! I love the free step and that is what I do most days. Mostly, because I can watch TV while I’m doing it. I hope you make all your January goals, but mostly #3 and #4!

VicWiggers – Welcome! What a great Christmas present. I like the boxing, the step choices and the Yoga.

Ann- Is that a new picture? Or I should say an old picture just posted? Tell us about it.

When I have problems with the Wii registering movement, I change where I'm holding the thing or I put new batteries in it. That usually seems to help. Also, I realign where I am and make sure I'm in a better line sight.

I haven't gotten on the Wii yet today. I am bringing my son and his friend swimming so that will be most of my exercise today. I was just informed by one of my daughter's teachers that I volunteered to help drive HS kids ice skating tomorrow. I know it will hurt, but heck, if I'm going to be there for 2 hours, I'm skating too. I hope they rent double runners in my shoe size.

Have a great Sunday everyone,

JAM

Yeah...lol...that is a really old picture....like 30 years old!!!! When I was a senior! I just changed it to a recent one in fact. You can still see it on my homepage! I had found it on the computer and posted it for another thread. I was showing what I WILL GET BACK TOO!!!! I am currently a baton twirling teacher and judge, and I just despise when I can't do some of the tricks I used to be able to because of my weight!!! YUCK!!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Sunday evening all! I just did a bit on our wii. I finally broke my score on Kung Fu.....Made it to 690 YIPEE!!!!! Also ran the island, and did a few of the other fun games. Sunday is kind of an easier work out day for me!

Hope all have a great week!!!!
    Ann
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for days because I haven't been doing anything. I have been a slug. But today 46 minutes and 204 calories burnt. :smile:
  • lisa1515
    lisa1515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is the EA Active more strenuous than the Wii Fit Plus?
    The aerobics on the Wii Fit Plus do not seem to push one hard enough.
    Please advise.

oh yea, very much. I use wii fit + for fun once awhile. I use EA Active more workouts for my workouts daily. I find wii fit is too slow. EA is like actual working out.
  • lisa1515
    lisa1515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm actually gonna buy a HRM because doing the EA active more workouts, the step aerobics on hard for 30 mins the game says I burn 500 calories.
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    :happy: Ok last night I did 45 mins Free running and the Hula Hoops. It takes a little to get use to the Hula Hoop. I did pretty good i guess. I love the running. I have been thinking about getting the Biggest Loser and the EA sports just to try something new. I want to be able to change up my stuff so i'm not doing the same stuff over and over. Anyone have any other suggestions on games that I could get that will burn the fat??

458413.png
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I just got my Wii Active Saturday, can I join you all?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    AWWTOBESKINNY, I really enjoy my Wii BL. But if you get it, make sure you own an HRM. The calories on it are WAAAAAY off. Like not even funny. Yesterday, a moderate workout, between warm up, workout, and cool down, it said I burned 120 calories. My HRM said 505 burnt. Yeah, see what I mean?

If you're looking for an intense workout, go for Wii Jillian Michaels 2010.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Lisa1515 I have read in various places on the 'net that the calorie burn on the EA Active is way off! Like under by a lot. I did 35 minutes yesterday, and burned 400 calories according to it. It was my regularly scheduled trainer workout and then 10 minutes of fast step. I was sweating my *kitten* off! I'll be interested to hear what HRM vs EA Active is.

Anyway, EA Active more workouts is my new best friend. I am closing in on the end of my first 6 week challenge. I have dropped 10# since 12/14, and better yet, from 1/8 through 1/15 I lost 1" around my waist, and 3" (yes, 3) around my hips.

It IS working out, not video gaming, and I'm proof that it does work!!! Yay!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon and MLK day!
    Today I did 35 minutes on EA Active and worked up quite a sweat I was working extra hard because yesterday I went to a birthday party and had double servings of shrimp alfredo and homemade cake:sick: . Anyways I am back on my game. Today I will probably be hiking too since it's finally sunny out and not too cold. Hope everyone has a good day:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    It IS working out, not video gaming, and I'm proof that it does work!!! Yay!

This is one of the reasons I'm excited to see my diabetes doc next month.
    "How did you lose so much weight?"
    *grin* "Playin' video games"

LOL! My mom thinks they are video games, but I think what I'm doing is inspiring her to get on track with her own diabetes and weight loss. She tells me to keep doing what I'm doing, cuz it's working! And she's NEVER that generous with praise.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I love it, Trish! You're doing great :)
  • Metamorphysis
    Options
    Hello.

I took yesterday off. My plan it to work out M-F then take Sat and Sun off. I have 2 kids at home, so getting the Wii on the weekends is nearly impossible anyway.

I have set my calorie burn goal to 455 (the highest you can go) on Wii Fit Plus. I am going to try and do that 3 times a week and then yoga and stretch for 40 minutes the other 2 days.

Today I have completed my Wii Fit Goal! I did this using free run for 10 minutes, free step for 20 and the other calories were on various games.

Hope all have a great day!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Meta, be careful with how high you set your WF+ goal. The calories burnt on there are way off. When I used my HRM with WF+, I burned well over 500 cals when the WF+ said 350. Just make sure you're eating & drinking enough. :)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi, my husband & I have the Wii Fit. It's really fun! We mostly work out at the gym or outside running, but we try to squeeze this in too. This is especially helpful on Sundays which is our rest day since it's not too intense. I will make my goal for this month to get on it at least every couple of days to weigh & do some yoga. Thanks!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok so today I did:
    EA Active - 21 minutes (113 cals)
    EA Active more workouts 25 minutes (108 cals)
    30 minutes Wii Free Step (108 cals)

Have a good Wii week everyone :smile:
  • Metamorphysis
    Options
    Trish: Thank you for your info. I was hoping that it was pretty close. I will have to try and get an HMR.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and a big welcome to everyone new!

It is never to late to join this post, so just jump on in and post your goals for the remainder of the month.

I have not been making my 45 minutes a day goal.:ohwell: I seem to be stuck on 30 minutes a day and mostly the free step. My big news of the day is that I can still stand up on ice skates. Twenty minutes was as much pain as I could take, but it was fun and the high school students we brought had fun too and that is really all that matters. They want to go again in 2 weeks.

Have a great evening everyone,

JAM
  • penelope1001
    penelope1001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Checking in. My goal was 30 minutes on Wii Fit + 5 times a week, and I met it. It is a lot of fun, and I challenged myself to only watch TV while doing free step or free run. Makes for less couch potato time! I also got EA Active, and started day 1 today. It is much harder than Wii Fit +, I can really feel those lunges and squats. I think I will use a bit of both, Wii Fit + for fun, EA Active to work out.

I did have a question. I got a little under the weather and skipped three days of working out. Felt awful, awful, very down and did not log the food here either. Also frankly probably exceeded by daily calorie goal. If not for my wonderful husband's support, I am not sure I would be able to resume. How do you keep motivated when you slip for a few days, even if the slip is due to a good reason (cold, etc). I just could not stop beating myself up and was ready to throw the whole thing out the window.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I had to go back and review the goal I set just to make sure I am reaching it! Yesterday I only did 15 mins with My Fitness Coach, which was a little workout, but I did run 2.3 miles earlier that day. This evening is my Zumba class, but sometime this week, get to do another fitness assessment with MFC. I'll have to see how I do!

But today was a great day in the gym! When I look in the mirror at my side profile while working my arms, I was SO EXCITED with WHO I saw! I know that all my hard work is paying off! I can't wait to return home and see my husband! Right now, all he knows is the pounds I am dropping, but he hasn't seen me! :love:

Seems to be a start to a wonderful day! Have a good day, and happy Wii-ing!:drinker: