As if There Weren't Enough Reasons to go Vegan

Options

Replies

• BikinimomE
    BikinimomE Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I haven't come across a single good reason for going vegan.

Here's one: More meat for the rest of us! :bigsmile:

Doesn't knowing you've lead to the death and sometimes torture of hundreds if not thousands of animals make you feel bad?

You're kidding right? Don't we have to kill and torture thousands of plants to eat them too? Don't plants have feelings too? Don't you feel bad about that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9dP9F5nKpY
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options

Doesn't knowing you've lead to the death and sometimes torture of hundreds if not thousands of animals make you feel bad?

NOPE!!!!!
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Animal testing to prove a vegan diet?

lol

I'm a vegetarian myself but you have to love the irony of it!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!!!!

x2
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Doesn't it bother you that you've contributed to the death of thousands of innocent fruits and vegetables that were doing nothing other than minding their own business and growing happily in the sun?
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Animal testing to prove a vegan diet?

lol

I'm a vegetarian myself but you have to love the irony of it!

THE best observation of the thread.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I want some steak

YESS ^

lol
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Good for the mice.

Which I am not.

True.
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Are you guys adults or am I mistaken? The "debate" in here seems a lot like trash-talking. How about be realistic for a minute and actually state your thoughts as opposed to saying things like "bacon" or "no I don't feel bad killing animals" because that's bull****, unless you're legitimately a sociopath.

I'm not vegan, nor do I really care to be. I just find it insane that adults can get so high school in a matter of seconds when someone brings up veganism.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options

Not even animal welfare, the environment or health benefits?

Nope
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it bother you that you've contributed to the death of thousands of innocent fruits and vegetables that were doing nothing other than minding their own business and growing happily in the sun?

You're kidding right? Don't we have to kill and torture thousands of plants to eat them too? Don't plants have feelings too? Don't you feel bad about that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9dP9F5nKpY

9755412_3087.jpg
    :drinker:
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options

how is eating cheese from farm raise cattle abusive to cattle or the environment? i understand avoiding consuming an animal product that was produced by inhumane methods, but that doesn't require one to go vegan.

and i actually believe that it is not in health's best interest to go vegan.

Are you actually kidding me? I eat meat but what we do to animals every single day is pretty ****ing horrible. Have you never see mass scale farming operation involving animals?
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options

I am such an awful person. Shame on me.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    In reasons *not* to go vegan: Bacon.

I rest my case.

You can get loads of really good vegan bacon and ham. I don't like it because it smells so much like the real thing during cooking!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Doesn't knowing you've led to the death and sometimes torture of hundreds if not thousands of animals make you feel bad?

Not even a little bit. We are meant to eat meat!! Does the lion feel bad for eating the gazelle? Hell even the grizzly bear last week for eating the human? The answer is no, therefore I don't either.
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    during my "vegetarian" phase (which thank GOD only lasted 15 days), i tried several different "bacons" not a single one of them tasted like or had the texture of the real stuff. the ONLY meat sub i found that was remotely similar was the "chicken" patties.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Not even animal welfare, the environment or health benefits?

how is eating cheese from farm raise cattle abusive to cattle or the environment? i understand avoiding consuming an animal product that was produced by inhumane methods, but that doesn't require one to go vegan.

and i actually believe that it is not in health's best interest to go vegan.

Lets start with cheese. To produce milk (used in cheese) cattle are required to be pregnant every year. The calves are separated from the mother within a few days usually. The male calves are then killed and sold as veal, or raised to produce meat. Dairy cows often suffer from a variety of health problems due to being pregnant so often. Not all cows are free range. Many are kept indoors and fed artificial chemicals. For example, in Kentucky cows are genuinely being feed candy because corn and hay are too expensive.

What makes you think it isn't healthy?
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

NOPE!!!!!

^
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    LOL! Mice are not built to digest meat compounds so yes they will have adverse reactions. Humans are built to eat meat and veggies and grains. Meat does not in itself cause weight gain. It is an excellent source of many of the compounds we need to function properly. We have survived on a variety of foods for millions of years and this silly vegan business has only been around for a blink in human history. To my knowledge there is not one lifelong vegan over 100 yrs old and there are hundreds of us omnivores who make it to ripe old ages.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just reminds me...You never need to ask somebody if they're a vegievegan. Given the opportunity, they'll tell you themselves and they'll demonstrate their supposed superiority by pointing to studies and their organic gardens fertilized with *kitten*.

35gpeg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.