Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    I was thinking a neat September goal would be to try something we were afraid to try before we started on our journeys, just a thought.

Christine

I think I'd pass on this right now although it's a creative and exciting idea. I need to groove in more on getting my activity every day and trying to increase it that I don't want to try to focus on anything else at this point. Laser like focus........hahahaha.

Lin
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

Wednesday wish - big lottery win so I could smash the alarm clock and sleep as long as I want every day.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - that I figure out how to balance my personal budget. I've been on a spending binge this year purchasing all the tools I thought I needed to try to get healthier. But the day of reckoning has come. Time to get back on the financial wagon.....this retiree doesn't get lots of $$.

Lin
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Wednesday Wish~That I could find a way to get more sleep, but when you get home at 10:30pm and have to get up at 5am there is just no way around it. My trainer is constantly on me about not getting enough sleep, so need to figure that out - I'm just beat today so seriously am going to bed at 8pm tonight if it kills me! My second wish is that I lose 20# in September, it may not be obtainable but I'm going to try.

Haven't had time for many personals lately, but will try to do better. :happy:
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Wednesday Wish - That I didn't feel so tired. I get plenty of sleep and I sleep really well, I'm just tired all day. I'm really trying to workout more too.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    My wednesday wish is that my cousin , his wife, and her family will all be ok . They live in Louisiana and i told my aunt to let me know when she hears something from my cousin .

Also i am from West Virginia and we had several of our police officers who were shot and killed last night and several more are in the hospital still . The suspect he died also . I pray for the officers and for their families that they might find some peace in the next few days and weeks to come its going to be hard on them i know .
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    More of a Tuesday check in, but a HUGE NSV!!!! Everyone I'm sure saw my post about finally jogging a few feet. Well...Today, I did the first workout for C25K, and did the whole thing!!!! I couldn't believe it! I'll probably be on week 1 for a few more than 1 week, but that's WAY more than I thought I'd be able to do!!!

Scale update...I have a 3lb hand weight, so I thought I'd put it on each scale and see which one was more acurate. The one downstairs that I've been using didn't even register the weight. I put another 14lbs on it and it still didn't register. Went upstairs and put the weight on the old one, and it said 3.2. I think I'll be weighing upstairs from now on. And that also means I've actually lost a lb, not gained. woot woot!

oh that's a brilliant idea! thanks for telling this story, because i'm just not sure how accurate our scale is. excited to try it.
    Wednesday wish: I wish that after taking a week off of running you could start right back up where you left off and not feel like you've regressed.
    Doug

i hate that too. it's like you almost have to start all over
  • KellyLyn4
    KellyLyn4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just have a few minutes to check in with y'all. Wednesday wish is to KILL at this interview I have @ 9am. Job is for the 911 Dispatcher office, they also dispatch local and county police. Would be wonderful but there are a lot of candidates. Pretty sure I'm near the top. My last weeks Wednesday wish is sort of true, although a week later. They have announced 96% containment on the fire I spoke of last week, should be 100% by tonight. Sadly, 52 homes were lost and 28,000 acres burned. I wish wildfires were rare but it seems every year around here a few towns are hit. It's just so dang dry. HAGD all, will try to check in later too and read up on everyone else as well!
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish:

That Hurricane Isaac will pick up the pace and mosey on out of here and that everyone stays safe. They cancelled school today for our kiddos and we haven't had the first but of rain or heavy wind. I guess they are worried about what is supposed to be coming this afternoon, so we will see.

My second wish is that each of my friends will be able to meet their goals they have set for themselves. I am struggling in this department. After a miserable day of attempting to run yesterday, I feel a little defeated. I had such bad cramps in my legs, everytime I would start to run, I would have a sharp pain shoot up my calves into the bottom of my thighs. So I walked my C25K workout. I'm hoping when I try again today, it won't be so bad.

My final wish is that we have a successful family reunion this weekend. It's been over 7yrs since my last one I attended. I'm pretty excited about going this weekend. :)

Have a good Wednesday. I'll check back later...given we have power...:)
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Wednesday Wish - That I didn't feel so tired. I get plenty of sleep and I sleep really well, I'm just tired all day. I'm really trying to workout more too.

Have you had a sleep study done, might be sleep apneia (sp) I was that way and needed CPAP and oxygen.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Wednesday Wish: My best wishes for my relatives in Naw Leans, and everyone else in the path of the storm.

I'm pretty happy with my new motherboard, CPU, RAM ,and SSD Drive. I had to buy a new CPU fan because the one that comes from intel in the box with the CPU is a POS. I put on a Noctua D14 and my MMO runs at 40 C!

mfpputer.jpg

I finally got caught up on reading all of the posts!:happy:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I missed you guys/gals yesterday!!! I was swamped at work, and decided that leaving the computer off when I got home, was the best way to go. I can't get the message boards on my ipod... so....

@vickimieth, Kelley, MyM0wM0w - Thanks for your feedback and encouragement. I think I need to watch the sugar and bread more carefully. I may switch back to the Fage yogurt - even though it has the sugar, only because it seems to keep me from craving / wanting other sugary treats.

@CathEsh - good luck with staying out of the banana bread! You can do it!!

@LAMypie- AWESOME on the C25K!!! Way to go!!! :drinker:

I am feeling much better today- though the scale is evil, I am pretty sure it is that bread and sugar. I am all bloated and UCK... but I am in the right frame of mind to push past that. :bigsmile:

Tuesday Goals - Back to walking a few times a week, and have remained consistent with my water. Getting bored with fruits and veggies, so I think I have to find some new ways to fit them in.

Wednesday wish - That everyone is safe and healthy. No more evil storms or sick relatives for any of you! :heart:

Have a great day! I am going to flush this stupid bloat out with 15 glasses of water today! Wish me luck! :drinker:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd put it on each scale and see which one was more acurate. The one downstairs that I've been using didn't even register the weight.

MOst excellent idea. I work in a metrology lab (weights and measures) and take in my bathroom scale and little kitchen scale to work every few months to make sure they are both working properly.
    I may switch back to the Fage yogurt - even though it has the sugar, only because it seems to keep me from craving / wanting other sugary treats.

I don't know how it compares to fage but our local stores here sell a brand call ZOI and I am a hardcore addict. I just love the flavors. The calories are a tad high(er than other lowfat yogurts) but so worth it! It packs a bit of extra protein as well since it's greek yogurt.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    How would you log C25K? Would you log the time you walked and then the time you jogged/ran? I tried it last night and I would have finished but my ankle decided it wanted to hurt. I took off my shoes and it helped a lot. I did 5 of the 8 intervals. Jogged 5 times for 60 sec walked 5 times for 90 sec. My breathing was great so that makes me look forward to the rest of it but my stinkin ankle was the issue. I am thinking I might need to find a way to wrap it with out the ankle brace because that brace dos not help at all. The pain went away as soon as started doing a moderate speed on my exercise bike. I might try it again tonight and if not tonight then tomorrow for sure. But if any one knows how to log it please tell me! =]

Wednesday wish... That when I went shopping on saturday I had tried on my clothes and realized that I needed to get a smaller size! I took off all the tags to wash the shirts and when I put the first one on this morning and it is big on me. I should have gotten a size smaller almost 2 sizes smaller! My mom said she'd take them in for me so I don't look so ridiculous. So when I go back next friday for the next sale I will be trying the clothes on so I don't get the wrong size! Very exciting to be a smaller size but sad that I took off the tags and couldnt exchange them.

@Christine I am so proud of you for walking longer and regularly! Very exciting to be getting up the hills easier!

@Morgori I wish I had the skill to upgrade mine. I have the ability to order all the parts much cheaper because I work at a company that deals in computer parts computers and what not and provides IT services. Our tech guy offered to build me a gaming computer buuuut I just can't afford it. Exciting having a faster computer though.

@Jana I hope the storm moves out quickly too. We are being told we might get hit by the outskirts since it is moving west although veeeery slowly.

@MyM0wM0w It must be nice to be able to make sure your scales are working properly. And trust me I have given him the exaggerated forms of his eye rolling and sighs. He just laughs or acts like he is clueless.

@MNwalkingqueen SOOOO Excited the bid was accepted. Make sure they are thorough on the inspection though! When we got our house there were sooo many problems ie foundation hidden structural damage!

Have a great day and drink up!

~Lana

ETA: Thank you all for being motivating and inspiring.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    More of a Tuesday check in, but a HUGE NSV!!!! Everyone I'm sure saw my post about finally jogging a few feet. Well...Today, I did the first workout for C25K, and did the whole thing!!!! I couldn't believe it! I'll probably be on week 1 for a few more than 1 week, but that's WAY more than I thought I'd be able to do!!!

Scale update...I have a 3lb hand weight, so I thought I'd put it on each scale and see which one was more acurate. The one downstairs that I've been using didn't even register the weight. I put another 14lbs on it and it still didn't register. Went upstairs and put the weight on the old one, and it said 3.2. I think I'll be weighing upstairs from now on. And that also means I've actually lost a lb, not gained. woot woot!

YAYYYY! I tried last night! Good luck! Also that is a really good idea with the scale. I might try that as well.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Walkingqueen - WOOT! so, so happy you found a house. Here's hoping the home inspection goes well! :drinker:
    For Everyone who wished me well and congrats I want to say the inspection went well. Very minor things that need to be done some outlet changes to GFI and a bathroom fan change out.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish- For all those in Hurricane areas that you and your families are safe. I also pray that god would really hit my son hard in the heart to make him see how much he is messing up his life being he refuses to listen or follow my rules. For myself I hope to stay awake in class tonight being it is the first class of the semester and I am burnt out.
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Kinnurse - you can do it! We will all be here with you to help get you back on the wagon

@liz - I hope that it was just a phase and that the light headedness isnt anything serious.

@jt - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I love hot lemon water with honey in it when I have a sore throat, gives me a little vitamin C and makes me feel a bit better (if only in my head! lol)

@Bohemian - thats a great trick, I will have to remember that the next time my hubby asks me to make cookies. I cant keep my hands off them when they are around.

@Kris - I hope your family is all ok, hopefully the storm passes quickly and you hear from them soon.

@Kelly - Good luck on your interview! I'm sure you'll be awesome!

@Vinson - congrats on your smaller size! I loved when I dropped a pants size, can't wait till that happens again.

@walkingqueen - Yay for a good house inspection!

My Wednesday Wish - That it would start to cool down! We've had a few really hot weeks and I am totally over it. It makes me not want to do anything cuz its just too hot.
  • gigi_to_4
    gigi_to_4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - that my husbands workers comp settlement would start moving again. We really need to get caught back up after him being off work for 6 months. So my biggest wish is not to be wondering if and how we will meet the bills each month.

gigi
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Walkingqueen - WOOT! so, so happy you found a house. Here's hoping the home inspection goes well! :drinker:
    For Everyone who wished me well and congrats I want to say the inspection went well. Very minor things that need to be done some outlet changes to GFI and a bathroom fan change out.

Excellent news!