Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• krystlbear
    Options
    I started it on the 18th of this month. I am currently on day 3. The first day was horrible and today day 3 was a little better. Right above my knees hurt like crazy. I hurt trying to sit into the tub, but once I'm down it's better. It's just getting there.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
  • CCH410
    CCH410 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got home from work so late last night that I ended up not completing my third day and I literally just fell into bed. I am going to complete day 3 level 1 tonight. I hope I can feel a difference in my strength and stamina!
  • tfalk
    tfalk Posts: 1
    Options
    I started this 10 days ago. Extreme beginner and it will make you very sore. i started on a Tuesday, the next day did it again, and when done could barely walk. I didn't do it on thursday, but have done it ever since. each time gets a little better, not sure when i will make it to level 2. I really want to know how many calories i am burning.
  • Beconsistent
    Options
    Hello Shredder Friends!

I had a fabulous time hosting my sister's bridal shower in sunny S. Florida. We spent a lot of time doing things in preparation for her wedding. We were constantly on the go. Needless to say, I haven't done the shred since last Thursday. Instead I've been walking a lot and counting my calories. I've lost quite a bit of weight and feel pretty good. I'm going to start back on the shred on Saturday. I really do have to work on an excercise plan when I'm out of town.

I'd like to welcome all of the newbies. This is a great community of ordinary people doing something wonderful for themselves and others. I'd also like to give a shout out to all of you that have fallen but gotten back up again. The best part about begin down is that there is only one place to look--UP!

Take care and in the words of Journey,"Don't stop believe'n!"

Melissa :wink:
  • cannon15
    cannon15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Mind if I join? I've done Shred for the last three days. I'm thrilled to find that it's getting easier, but my legs are killing me! It's a good hurt though. It serves as a reminder all day of the work I've done.

PS I'm relatively new to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for friends. Thanks.
  • adgonzalez02
    Options
    Hi. I am new here. I just finished day 2 of the shred dvd. I was so sore after day one! I am an elementary teacher and every time I would bend down to help a student, my thighs were killing me!! I like it though! I need motivation though!!!! I have started and stopped so many exercise programs!! But, I am determined to continue this one!!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 4 today. It was tougher today for some reason. The push ups are really hard for me but I am hoping they will get easier. My motivation is being able to look forward to the results I will see tomorrow. I really did not want to do it today but that thought came across my mind and I made my lazy behind do it. LOL!!! I can now say tomorrow "I will be on Day 5" instead of "I am going to start tomorrow. " That really motivates me to keep going!!!! We can do it! Let's shed those pounds and be happier than ever!!!! :)
  • fairydustlove
    Options
    I missed the last 2 days b/c I was so tired on Monday I fell asleep early (I do this in the evening) and Tuesday I had an out of town audition. But, today I got back on track. L1D7...
    I do modified jump ropes as well..like I'm 'skipping rope' instead of jumping. And when all else fails (as it does my 2nd round of jumping jacks in the first circuit), I do high knees, walk in place for a few seconds.
    It's so nice to find a community of people doing the same routine! There's such good info here..
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! Just checking in.

Finished Day 16 today. I'm on Level 2 Day 4. Definitely getting easier -but still a bear!

When I'm done, I have this horrible pain in my leg - left leg, just below the knee down the left side of my shin. Seriously, I can barely walk up and down the stairs. It gets better as the day goes on - I can still "feel it" but it's not so excruciating to walk.

So, I've been thinking about maybe taking a day off this weekend. I haven't completely made up my mind yet, but I sort of feel like I need to give it a rest before moving on to Level 3. On the other hand, I'm bound and determined to get through these 30 days with out stopping! I guess I'll see how my leg feels this weekend and make the call then!

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    So I finally did Day 1, Level 1 yesterday. Based on what I've heard both on here and from some women at work, I decided not to kill myself with 5 lb weights and only used 3 lb. The first circuit with those pushups was the hardest for me, but once I got through that, it wasn't so bad at all. I felt the burn, but it wasn't unbearable.

Today, I'm definitely sore. Mostly my arms and the fronts of my thighs. But I'm not crippled, so I can still go again today! Yay! I'm looking forward to it!

PZ - you are my inspiration! I want to do the whole 30 days in a row as well!
  • CCH410
    Options
    I completed Day 4 today. It was tougher today for some reason. The push ups are really hard for me but I am hoping they will get easier. My motivation is being able to look forward to the results I will see tomorrow. I really did not want to do it today but that thought came across my mind and I made my lazy behind do it. LOL!!! I can now say tomorrow "I will be on Day 5" instead of "I am going to start tomorrow. " That really motivates me to keep going!!!! We can do it! Let's shed those pounds and be happier than ever!!!! :)

Way to go! I have to do the same thing sometimes... just bite the bullet and do it!
  • CCH410
    Options
    Is anyone else doing South Beach in addition to 30 Day Shred?

I weighed in today and I have only lost 1 pound. I know that sounds silly but I was expecting better results since I lost close to 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks of SBD when I did it last year. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well? I hate to say "slowed weight loss" but I'm wondering if the scale is not accurately representing what is really going on with my body?
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today!!! We'll see how sore I am tomorrow. If I'm not as sore as today, time to up the weights!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    I just ordered the DVD this morning from Amazon. I'm a little scared...but excited too. That little voice deep down is mocking me, saying "another workout program? how long will THIS one last?" But I'm doing my best to ignore it. I'd like to join your group to keep me accountable.
  • JessicaRubano
    JessicaRubano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got it... Its awsome the first 2 days are the hardest exspecially if you havn't been workingout in awhile ;) It is getting easier and easier everyday I <3 it
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing South Beach in addition to 30 Day Shred?

I weighed in today and I have only lost 1 pound. I know that sounds silly but I was expecting better results since I lost close to 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks of SBD when I did it last year. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well? I hate to say "slowed weight loss" but I'm wondering if the scale is not accurately representing what is really going on with my body?

I'm not doing SB this time, but I have noticed since I started this, I've not lost any weight. I'm on day 16 and doing level 2 now. I really thought I'd be losing more weight, but I'm not. I can tell it's doing "something" though because my clothes fit better.

I did do the SB diet a few years ago and noticed when you get out of phase 1, weight loss does slow down. I'm not doing SB anymore because of the horrible headache's I'd get while on it!

Just stick with it and hopefully things will get better.
  • CCH410
    Options

I'm not doing SB this time, but I have noticed since I started this, I've not lost any weight. I'm on day 16 and doing level 2 now. I really thought I'd be losing more weight, but I'm not. I can tell it's doing "something" though because my clothes fit better.

I did do the SB diet a few years ago and noticed when you get out of phase 1, weight loss does slow down. I'm not doing SB anymore because of the horrible headache's I'd get while on it!

Just stick with it and hopefully things will get better.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still in phase 1... about a week into it. I did take my measurements when I started SBD and the Shred on Sunday but I have decided to wait until this coming Sunday to take measurements again. That way I will give it a full week and we'll see where I am. I'll post if I have any difference in measurements on Sunday. I suppose that might be a better way to determine if I'm getting "good results". Thanks again!
  • krystlbear
    Options
    I have a question.

I started the shred on Monday. Day 1 and 2 really made me hurt right above my knees. Day 3 wasn't that bad, and today Day 4. My legs aren't really hurting. Does that mean I didn't push myself enough?
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. The soreness should subside, otherwise no one would ever work out again :happy:

For me, not having worked out in, well, years, the first day of shred had me hurting for the next 4-5 days, but I didn't hurt at all again till I started L2. Even then it was more of back discomfort than the omigod-I-can't-move pain from L1D1!

If you're sweating and things are still a little tough to do, you're pushing yourself just fine. Don't overdue it and end up hurt!
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    :angry: Okay...so the name is "30 Day Shred"...may be a silly question, but does this need to be done EVERY day? I was thinking I would supplement my 15-20 minute elliptical routine with this, but because I am so sore today I thought I would ONLY do the elliptical tonight...I don't want to cut myself short . Like someome else posted I want to also complete this all of the 30 days if that is how it is suppose to be