I need a girl's advice regarding a man's problem.

Options

Replies

• Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap.....ok, obviously the OP gets zero points for social skills. Yes, he is thinking like a guy without a clue. I am not defending the original post in any way. But come on people. On page 3 of this nightmare thread he says, "got my answer, my thought process is all wrong. I'm an idiot for bringing it up....(im paraphrasing here) and then we endure 6 more PAGES of piling on with everyone telling him what a dumb-*kitten* he is. REALLY??? Lets make sure we really kick the crap out of him while he's down. uuuuhhhh....he is starting to get back up again.....quick, someone else kick him in the nuts again. Give the guy a freaking break people.

He has acknowledged he has done the wrong thing. Do we leave something for the vultures or is absolutely necessary to steal every last stinking scrap of dignity he possesses.

This is why I rarely post something. Not that my social skills are as bad as this but you make a slip up like this and whole friggin' world turns out to tell you what a Fu*K up you are.

Did you miss the part in his reply (the one you are refering to) that he wants to tell her that her loose skin can be "fixed"? Yeah, I think you might have.

That's the nature of online forums, they get carried away and silly, if the OP can't handle it (and it looks like he can) then he shouldn't post.

what a wonderful excuse to be as unkind as possible to someone.....great......

<said with a cheech & chong accent>hheeeeey man, if you can't handle it don't post.
  • Jebbster007
    Options
    Holy Crap.....ok, obviously the OP gets zero points for social skills. Yes, he is thinking like a guy without a clue. I am not defending the original post in any way. But come on people. On page 3 of this nightmare thread he says, "got my answer, my thought process is all wrong. I'm an idiot for bringing it up....(im paraphrasing here) and then we endure 6 more PAGES of piling on with everyone telling him what a dumb-*kitten* he is. REALLY??? Lets make sure we really kick the crap out of him while he's down. uuuuhhhh....he is starting to get back up again.....quick, someone else kick him in the nuts again. Give the guy a freaking break people.

He has acknowledged he has done the wrong thing. Do we leave something for the vultures or is absolutely necessary to steal every last stinking scrap of dignity he possesses.

This is why I rarely post something. Not that my social skills are as bad as this but you make a slip up like this and whole friggin' world turns out to tell you what a Fu*K up you are. <shakes head>

edited for spelling
    Some people don't read every single post in a thread. I read the OP, which prompted me to respond. I didn't read to the third page. I didn't even know that he had responded until someone else on page 12 responded to his response. In his response, he explained his thought process, and that sounded pretty seriously messed up and worthy of addressing as well. If he doesn't want responses, he shouldn't ask for them.

well now that we KNOW he has acknowledged a lack of wisdom, lets continue to beat the crap out of him.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh baby you are one brave man and ummmm well, I would still advise you to not even go there!! Especially since you're asking an open forum how you should approach her :P
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.

You are my new hero.

My advice from nearly 20 years of marriage is to just listen and not try to solve problems even if you see the obvious solution to these problems.

You are a wise, wise man.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Curiosity killed the cat. In this case, it's likely to kill the friendship.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

This is why I rarely post something. Not that my social skills are as bad as this but you make a slip up like this and whole friggin' world turns out to tell you what a Fu*K up you are.

Did you miss the part in his reply (the one you are refering to) that he wants to tell her that her loose skin can be "fixed"? Yeah, I think you might have.

That's the nature of online forums, they get carried away and silly, if the OP can't handle it (and it looks like he can) then he shouldn't post.

<said with a cheech & chong accent>hheeeeey man, if you can't handle it don't post.

I, personally, wasn't "unkind" at all. However, it is very unkind to look at people and judge their flaws and assume that they can be "fixed" and then to post about said flaws publicly; even though he didn't name names (hopefully she's not on MFP!). I wish I had a Cheech and Chong accent... that would be funny. :smokin:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    well now that we KNOW he has acknowledged a lack of wisdom, lets continue to beat the crap out of him.

The train has left the station. There's no stopping this bad-boy till it hits 500 posts and yes the OP is tied to the tracks ahead. Muuu haa haa haa!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

This is why I rarely post something. Not that my social skills are as bad as this but you make a slip up like this and whole friggin' world turns out to tell you what a Fu*K up you are. <shakes head>

edited for spelling

I didnt read everything...just the original post and wrote my response. I do have to agree with you on this one. Men sometimes dont think. haha
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

edited for spelling
    Some people don't read every single post in a thread. I read the OP, which prompted me to respond. I didn't read to the third page. I didn't even know that he had responded until someone else on page 12 responded to his response. In his response, he explained his thought process, and that sounded pretty seriously messed up and worthy of addressing as well. If he doesn't want responses, he shouldn't ask for them.

If he continues to show the need for advice on the topic, he'll continue to receive it. Saying "I want to bring it up to her so I can tell her how to fix this problem that I see on her," illustrates that he still needs guidance, and as such, he'll get it until he either figures it out or says he doesn't want anymore advice.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I didn't read al the responses here, just so you know.

I guess if you really want to know, you can begin a conversation by talking about your own weight loss journey, to make her possibly feel more comfortable about talking about the subject. I am not saying that it will cause her to confide without a lot of gentle careful probing into the subject from your own personal experience. Whatever you do, DO NOT ask directly. She will volunteer the information when and if she is ready and feels comfortable to do so.
  • Jebbster007
    Options
    ohhhhh baby you are one brave man and ummmm well, I would still advise you to not even go there!! Especially since you're asking an open forum how you should approach her :P

I'm not asking anyone on how to approach anyone. I would not make that mistake. I'm asking for a tiny bit of compassion for a guy who has already admitted he has done something very wrong. But .....this is planet earth.....so compassion I guess is in very short supply, at least on MFP public forums.
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ask unless you think there is a health problem. If so, then maybe you could say some things about your health/ weight loss journey and see if she feels like sharing her stories if there are any. If she doesn't open up she doesn't want to talk about.
    Ex. While I was trying to get in shape "this "happened, did anything like that ever happen to you or anyone you know?
  • Jebbster007
    Options

The train has left the station. There's no stopping this bad-boy till it hits 500 posts and yes the OP is tied to the tracks ahead. Muuu haa haa haa!

That is so painfully true I cried till I laughed. Can I send you a friend request? lol
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    From a man's point of view....... dude, learn something about women, please!

I've been with my wife for over 25 years. How...by NEVER asking her anything this stoopid. Sorry dude...put the doll down and walk away.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

I'm not asking anyone on how to approach anyone. I would not make that mistake. I'm asking for a tiny bit of compassion for a guy who has already admitted he has done something very wrong. But .....this is planet earth.....so compassion I guess is in very short supply, at least on MFP public forums.

kind sir, my response was not addressed to you. It was in response to the opening paragraph. But in response to you, I totally feel for any man who takes on a mission of sorts, but that does not change the fact that he should not.
  • Jebbster007
    Options

I, personally, wasn't "unkind" at all. However, it is very unkind to look at people and judge their flaws and assume that they can be "fixed" and then to post about said flaws publicly; even though he didn't name names (hopefully she's not on MFP!). I wish I had a Cheech and Chong accent... that would be funny. :smokin:

I'll post one on youtube for you
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Why is it that women want equal rights, but on a topic like this... every day at school I am asked, what are you doing to lose weight... how is your weight loss coming.... And the ones asking are female. I NEVER TOLD THEM, I WAS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

To the opening poster, I would suggest doing it in a silent method. Asking her to join you on a walk somewhere, play a game of tennis, or something, what would help but don't inform her why. She will be having fun, and you can build on the relationship while you are helping her...
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Unless you start dating her, leave it alone. This is not a friend "category" topic. As others have said, it's her own body. She is obviously aware of the issues and doesn't need you to point them out.
    Unless he starts dating her? How is that conversation going to go??

"Hey baby... I really enjoyed that movie last night. Sooo funny. Hey, speaking of funny things... why do you look like you're melting??"

Just a guess, but sex is probably not an option that night.

This is funny! But really why does it make it all right if he is dating her and not if he is just her friend.
  • Jebbster007
    Options

kind sir, my response was not addressed to you. It was in response to the opening paragraph. But in response to you, I totally feel for any man who takes on a mission of sorts, but that does not change the fact that he should not.

Well I guess we can respectfully agree to disagree. For to follow that advice means I must (figuratively) shoot anyone who makes a disastrous mistake on the public forums. And that, kind ms?miss?mrs.? is something I cannot do. Best wishes to you.

edited for clarity
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I can honestly say...that in the time I have been on this site...I have NEVER seen everyone post almost the EXACT same response and agree with each other....I am too shocked to reply now....

This :huh: