I need a girl's advice regarding a man's problem.

Options

Replies

• allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say anything. Unless she asks. Then I still would advise you to change the subject. I feel like no matter what you said, even with the best intentions, it would come out wrong. Just sayin'
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Don't.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT bring this up to her- for both her sake and yours! It probably took her a lot of courage to get in that bikini and to have anyone mention her "imperfections" to her will just hurt her and make you look like an @ss- not saying you are one but that's probably how it would be interpreted. I'm not sure how this is even "a man's problem"- it's not hurting you and if you find it unattractive then I guess she's not a girl you should date.

^^^This^^^ If it took a year for you to see her in a bikini (or anything revealing), she's obviously self-concious about her body. Do not make it worse by bringing it up in conversation.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't say **** to her unless you can pay for the excess skin removal surgery. That's the only thing that fixes that problem, she probably just can't afford the surgery yet.
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am so confused by this lol. When I first started reading this I thought you were going to go into some reason about why you were "concerned for her health" or something but then you just ended it by saying that you're curious why she has all this loose skin?!

I don't get why you care first of all. Tons of people have stretch marks for various reason and this is no different. I don't think there is any reason why you need to know why she has loose skin and there is NO way to ask her (so you aren't curious about her personal life anymore) without offending her and upsetting her so just don't.

Just because you are curious does not mean you have any right to know why she has loose skin?
  • Keepingmygoal
    Options
    Do a little reverse psychology.... Tell her how thin and great she looks, and then just slyly slip in a question about if she's always been so thin, and if she's ever done any sort of exercise regimen. You'll get answers and be complimenting her at the same time. Win-Win.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    How about this.. Take before pictures of you now, I say go ASK her why (:laugh: :devil: ), and take a bunch of after pictures so we can see what progress yuve made!!! DO IT.... DO IT NOWW!!! :bigsmile: :noway:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So my question for you ladies is...how would you want a guy to approach you regarding this topic if this were you? My objective is two fold. I want to figure out what caused this loose skin and I also want to be able to talk to her about it without her getting defensive or depressed about it.

Ha ha ha ha!.... *breathe* ... Ha ha ha ha! Rookie!

Never and I do mean never ever ever, talk to a woman about her personal features you find fault with unless she begs you for advice, and then make sure you have a solid relationship that can take some heat because she'll still get crushed over it.

Women know if they have so much as one hair out of place and have already mentally flogged themselves to death 30 times over the issue. If it's a problem she wants help from you with, she'll ask.

My advice from nearly 20 years of marriage is to just listen and not try to solve problems even if you see the obvious solution to these problems.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Um... keep your mouth shut LOL! I am sure she already knows about the skin and you bringing it up will only make her MORE self conscious about it then she already is (I'm sure).

Unless you are planning to get into a relationship with her, then MAYBE the subject could come up, but otherwise... some things are better left unsaid!

agreed, it's none of your business. and stop objectifying her. she's likely to be more than aware of the issue.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.

Made my day with this comment!
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    :facepalm:
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Dude don't even touch this one.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that the people you care about, you give them the room to be themselves. Skin included :)
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Keep your trap shut.....it aint rocket science......sheesh and some guys wonder why we get riled at them!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is just responding to the OP... nothing he may have posted afterwards about his thought process.

As yourself this: Do I want to die? If you don't want to die, keep your mouth shut. Her loose skin is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
  • 3beans3
    3beans3 Posts: 8
    Options
    Why would you WANT to ask her at all? If she wanted you to know, she would tell you. And you looking at her with disgust while thinking that she is "skinny fat" is not going to open her up either. If she asks you your opinion about how she looks, that's a different story...then she has to be prepared for whatever you might say.

If you're actually concerned about her, why don't you ask her to work out with you...without mentioning that she could really use the exercise.

Whether or not she had surgery or lost weight the "wrong way," if she was ever overweight, and lost the weight...AND KEPT IT OFF, she deserves your praise, not your judgment. Just be a friend and worry about whether or not she is a good friend. Not how her skin got so loose.
  • dawnie1313
    dawnie1313 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Um... keep your mouth shut LOL! I am sure she already knows about the skin and you bringing it up will only make her MORE self conscious about it then she already is (I'm sure).

Unless you are planning to get into a relationship with her, then MAYBE the subject could come up, but otherwise... some things are better left unsaid!

What she says! Your friend is well aware of what she looks like...She doesnt need you pointing out the obvious...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    bump before the lock
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow...your reasons are twofold....and all about you.....I really would not go there......really...don't.....
  • JohnTotts
    Options
    Tbh I would like to be told. I say tell her. And run.