I need a girl's advice regarding a man's problem.

Options

Replies

• TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just hit it and move on...

Spoken like a MAN!! :tongue:
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Leave the lights off and insert pickle.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.
    And that's why Cliff is the man.

<3
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    this is not funny in the least .. :bigsmile:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    What's so bad about loose skin?

Extend forward, reach out both hands, fill each one full of skin. You now have leverage.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    bahahahahaha. You must be kidding because you can't seriously think it would even be a remotely good idea to bring it up. Don't talk about it unless she brings it up. If you bring it up, you're 1)prying, 2)an idiot, and 3)ruining a friendship.

:flowerforyou:

srsly OP wtf?:angry:
  • BecomingMyself
    Options
    I'm so glad you thought to ask for advice before talking to your friend. There are questions in life we sometimes want answers to, but we must always consider the cost. I understand your reason for wanting to ask and I don't find them to be malicious, but it may still hurt her feelings. I know that isn't your intentions, because you came asking us first, but even with the slightest chance of hurting your friend, don't ask. If she never mentions it, don't mention it either.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority of people on here. Don't bring it up. As a person who has lost a significant amount of weight in a relatively short amount of time... the skin issues suck. I am even more self conscious about the extra skin then I ever was about my weight. The courage it must have taken her to wear a bikini in the first place, please don't bring it up. I think it would mortify me if someone mentioned it to me. You can hide it under clothes, but a bathing suit is an entirely different story. As long as you aren't concerned for her health (loose skin alone is not a cause to worry) than I would just leave it.

If you are starting a new gym program, maybe ask her if she could join you as a workout buddy. The exercise can only help the loose skin as the muscle growth gives the skin something to "hold onto".
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just don't. She knows its there, and you're gonna kill her emotionally if you do. Yes, that's what happens when you lose a lot of weight, really fast, especially w/o exercise. You don't have to ask her.

^^AMEN - i have a little loose skin - and i'm very very very aware of it - This is why i dont wear bathing suits in public!!! If someone ever said anything - i would be very crushed :sad:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If she is THAT self conscious, why would she be in a bikini? If it were me, I would be in a one piece!

Maybe she doesn't care what people think about her.
  • journeytofitxx
    Options
    People are being somewhat harsh with their responses to your question.
    I understand that you are curious, but if I were you, I wouldn't say anything about it. Leave it alone and maybe (MAYBE) in the future sometime casually bring up a conversation about weight loss and maybe mention how extreme weight loss can leave loose skin. And perhaps she will bring it up.
    But most likely, she is already self concious about it. Leave it alone, don't stare and ignore it.
  • unwritten87
    Options
    Oh my, arent you a curious cat lol

yea... i wouldnt say anything either, unless you have like an honest/close/hold-nothing-back kind of friendship (and it seems like you dont?)

sorry, no help here
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    2606202_o.gif
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, this, too. ^^ Bacon always distracts!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Holy replies in 5 minutes.

Well I guess I got my answer.

To answer a few replies.

I know she does no exercise because she told me she doesnt, and for the year that I have known her, she has never said she has done anything active.

Another question was, why do I wish to know: I want to be able to talk with her about it and let her know there are ways to fix it. She may not know that toning can happen from rapid weight loss when loose skin appears. If she is living with this and is unaware of a way to fix it..I figured I could help. I'm seeing by the replies that this was a bad thought process.

Anyways, Thank you everyone for the replies...I guess I'll just keep it to myself.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If she wanted you to know she had an extreme weight loss, she would have already told you.

Curiosity kills.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not say anything as, as others have said, she is obviously well aware of it herself. How nice though that she felt comfortable enough to display it in front of you- good for her.
  • journeytofitxx
    Options
    LOL
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    You're 32 years old and asking this?
    :noway:
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    Pleeeease don't ask. That's nosey, not considerate.