I need a girl's advice regarding a man's problem.

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Holy replies in 5 minutes.

Well I guess I got my answer.

To answer a few replies.

I know she does no exercise because she told me she doesnt, and for the year that I have known her, she has never said she has done anything active.

Another question was, why do I wish to know: I want to be able to talk with her about it and let her know there are ways to fix it. She may not know that toning can happen from rapid weight loss when loose skin appears. If she is living with this and is unaware of a way to fix it..I figured I could help. I'm seeing by the replies that this was a bad thought process.

Anyways, Thank you everyone for the replies...I guess I'll just keep it to myself.

Did you say toning?????????

*runs away giggling*
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.

^ He knows what he's talking about. I would listen to every piece of this advice.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I admit I'd never heard the term skinny fat used the way people on MFP use it, but this doesn't sound like skinny fat to me. If she were skinny fat, she'd have fat not loose skin.. If she's young she likely lost a lot of weight quickly. You can be muscular and still have loose skin if you lose too quickly.

But unless you want to hurt her, dont' ask about it.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Do NOT ask her about it!

I have loose skin from weight loss, and even though I was doing resistance training and martial arts workouts eight hours a week, the loose skin remained. My doctor told me that the only thing that would get rid of it was surgery. I am very self-conscious about my own loose skin, and I dress accordingly. It would be a Very Bad Idea™ to make her feel self-conscious around you by saying something about it.
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say...that in the time I have been on this site...I have NEVER seen everyone post almost the EXACT same response and agree with each other....I am too shocked to reply now....
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    Ways to fix it ???? Oh my, I am so glad you asked here first. Great, you decided to just wait - until she mentions it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    On another note, not sure if this was mentioned... But if you're going to call us "girl's" call yourself a "boy", not a man. I'm not usually all femi-crazy, but your thread title is relatively silly.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.

Oh Cliff! :love:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think you should first set up a video camera and tape you asking her.
    Just be upfront about it and say, "Yo! What up with that baggy skin?"

Then post it here so we can see her kick you in the nuts and then laugh at you.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Holy replies in 5 minutes.

Well I guess I got my answer.

To answer a few replies.

I know she does no exercise because she told me she doesnt, and for the year that I have known her, she has never said she has done anything active.

Another question was, why do I wish to know: I want to be able to talk with her about it and let her know there are ways to fix it. She may not know that toning can happen from rapid weight loss when loose skin appears. If she is living with this and is unaware of a way to fix it..I figured I could help. I'm seeing by the replies that this was a bad thought process.

Anyways, Thank you everyone for the replies...I guess I'll just keep it to myself.

It is sweet of you to be concerned and want to help, but even people who have specifically ASKED me for help with weight loss have got huffy when I tried to give them some because it wasn't what they wanted to hear. I cannot imagine the response I'd have got if I'd just said "hey, that problem you have that probably embarasses you? This is how to fix it!"

Just see if she brings it up ever and then you can talk about it, otherwise maybe encourage her to exercise without ever mentioning your reasons why.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    *trying to think of suggestions for OP to brush up on basic social skills*
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to talk to her about it?

Mind your own business.
    ^^THIS
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Everything the above posters said. Just mind your own business.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If some dude approached me (friend or other wise) about my loose skin I would probably call him douchepants and kick him in the head - not joking.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Just grab the skin and play with it. Surely it will come up in conversation then. Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My advice is don't mention it. Why do you want to know, exactly? Stretch marks and loose skin ARE usually from rapid weight gain/loss. There's your answer, good enough. Please don't comment on her body, though. People can be very self conscious and there is no dire reason why you need to know.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yeah there's really no need to ask about it? unless you're a plastic surgeon and want to offer free services? What could you possibly expect to gain from it? considering she wore a two piece in front of everyone she has come to terms with it, so should you
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Keep your mouth shut and mind your own business.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am baffled by those responders who suggested this should go a different way if he was hoping to have sex with her than if they were just friends. Because his desire for her will fix the stretched-out skin? Because mentioning a woman's loose skin is an awesome way to start the mating ritual? Because she has more of an obligation to deal with the loose skin if he is hoping to hit that? Three strikes.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Dude... just walk away. If she is your friend... don't go there. Friends don't make friends feel more insecure.