I need a girl's advice regarding a man's problem.

Options

Replies

• staceface519
    Options
    loose skin like that does NOT happen from no exercise. . . that happens frmo weight loss. . believe i know, it happened to me. . . i wouldnt tell her flat out. . . id say maybe

"hey you look great! what have u been doing". . . if shes hesitat that means shes doing something bad to get that skinny ( eating disorder, starvation diet, etc). . .

other then that i would NOT ask her flat out about it, whether ur dying to know or not. . . .she'll tell u when shes ready and because uve only known her for a year she might not feel comfortable telling u...

if u like the girl and want to have a relationship with her then maybe inquire about it but do it the right way. . if not, id leave that subject to her and her only.
  • eleonorawander
    eleonorawander Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't talk about that with her. It's a really hard thing to talk about, so wait until her starts talking to you about that, if she wants to. You can talk to her about your weightloss/weight gain (I don't know what's your goal here :D) experience, ask her some advices because she's veg... Maybe she will tell you something, but if she doesn't, don't push her, cause she will probably push you away.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    ehh I wouldnt ask darling....unless you are extremely tactful....she might be offended even if you do ask as nicely as possible. Kinda walking on eggshells there.

Questions though:

1.Why does it matter?Are you interested in her?
    2. How do you know for a fact she does 0 excersise?
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    From a man's point of view....... dude, learn something about women, please!
  • crazylikefox
    Options
    There is no way to phrase this conversation without you sounding like a ****. This is not even your problem.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yep don't touch this one with a ten foot pole man she will probably rip your head off. If she lost fast that is why maybe she has that skin condition where there is too much stretch to it. If you are truly worried she is skinny fat or her vegan ways are rotting her away why not ask her to work out with you BUT for heavens sake don't just say "hey you got tons a skin you used to be fat?"
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I would say mind your own +insert swear word+ business.

yep.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Just don't. She knows its there, and you're gonna kill her emotionally if you do. Yes, that's what happens when you lose a lot of weight, really fast, especially w/o exercise. You don't have to ask her.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are just nosey and just want to satisfy your own curiosity. Leave her alone. She doesn't owe you or anyone else an explination. If she is self-conscous about the skin you could really hurt her feelings. Even if she is not, it would be plain rude!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My objective is two fold. I want to figure out what caused this loose skin and I also want to be able to talk to her about it without her getting defensive or depressed about it.

My opinion is the same as everyone above, don't say anything.

The only reasons that you provided were for your own curiosity, unless you're a doctor, curiosity isn't a good enough reason to make a comment like this.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    A little off topic......BUT.......here is what a famous funny man once said about stretch marks:

"Ladies - there's two ways you get stretch marks: ya either lost a lot of weight, or you gained a lot of weight.

Either way, we're f*ckin ya!"
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I would definately not bring it up. Why do you want to anyway? If she wants to talk to you about it, she will. If you talk to her about your weight loss goals she may share her story with you, but if she doesnt, that's her choice.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to confront her about it? There is NO polite way to bring something like that up. Nor is it the least bit necessary. You will crush her feelings. Don't say anything.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ..but it really does look bad...it looks like she just has too much skin for her body.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me.

No one wants to hear that they "look bad" no matter how you approach the topic. She'll tell you when she's ready to trust that you won't judge her......hmmmm?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Wow. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT bring this up to her- for both her sake and yours! It probably took her a lot of courage to get in that bikini and to have anyone mention her "imperfections" to her will just hurt her and make you look like an @ss- not saying you are one but that's probably how it would be interpreted. I'm not sure how this is even "a man's problem"- it's not hurting you and if you find it unattractive then I guess she's not a girl you should date.
  • narwhalicorn
    Options
    Don't bring it up. It's none of your business.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    remember the old saying "curiousity killed the cat"?

there's a reason for that saying...
  • AnR28
    AnR28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you decide to 'go there', approach it by admiring her confidence. Trust us females, we know exactly how we look and what we are wearing. Maybe compliment her swim suit and say she looks great in it ! If she's like anyone I know, she will immediately begin critiquing herself!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would probably be your only way to talk about it .. because SHE brought it up!
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    I agree with most other comments, don't bring it up. this is an extended part of who she is, You either feel the same about her or you don't. If you don't, she really has lost nothing...