I need a girl's advice regarding a man's problem.

Options

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.

Amen to this - because shut your pie hole do not say a word!!! It is NONE of your business. IF she wants you to know she will tell you!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am going to go with don't, just shut your pie hole.

She knows. Trust me, women are very aware of their flaws. You don't need to tell her it looks bad. Wanting to satisfy your own curiosity is going to bring her unnecessary pain.

Good for her for wearing a bathing suit and not caring what *kitten* think! :drinker:

If you really can't let it go, ask someone that knows her "hey, did she lose a lot of weight at any time?" DO NOT say "because her loose skin looks bad" :angry:
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was reading the posts to this question and laughing and agreeing with all the other women who posted saying dont go there at ALL and thinking how I would feel if someone asked about my 'wobbly bits' - however Im the type of person that believes if you want to know ask - in this case ask extreeeemely carefully - in fact I wouldnt actually ask - I'd come up with a round about way of opening a discussion on the subject that would let her inject her thoughts on her bits - example - since I've gotten into getting healthy I've been noticing how after some people have lost huge amounts of weight they almost always have to have a skin reduction surgery wondering if there was a way to loose lots of weight without having to have that type of surgery - looks very painful.

This brings up the subject of excess skin from weight loss without you actually asking her about her

just pointing out the other side - however I'd probably hurt you if you asked about my wobbly bits :tongue:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Some people will have a lot of extra skin regardless of how quickly/slowly they lost weight, and how much exercise they do during/after. Despite what a lot of people will tell you, genetics plays a large part in skin elasticity. For some people, if they lose a lot of weight, they are going to have a lot of extra skin no matter what they do (short of having surgery).

As for what you should say about it, the answer is nothing. I don't see why it matters to you why she has the extra skin, and pointing it out is *not* going to make her feel good. In all likelihood, she is already self-conscious about the extra skin. Unless she brings it up, keep your mouth shut.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Email the mods and ask this be removed.
    You are going to be eaten alive.
    Don't say anything to the lady.
    Apologize now....throw bacon....before this gets out of hand.

OMG! This! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Why do you care??
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Her skin will eventually be sorted, it may shrink, she may have a tummy tuck. She may have lost a child late in pregnancy but rudeness even if not intended will never be fixed.

If you really want to know ask a mutual friend.....

Besides she has done amazingly well if she has slimmed down, she could be me or any of the gorgeous gals on this site. Losing weight to get loose skin is fantasic you should be in awe.

Jasmin
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow.

A) I'm sure she's aware. I bet she has a mirror

B) If you don't want a swift kick in the nuts, I'd keep your mouth shut.

^^^THIS. Seriously, don't go there. Whatever your reasons are for wanting to know, it is really none of your business. And there is no way to approach that subtly and without looking like an *kitten*.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    This is a bee's nest.
    HPIM0659.jpg
    You will incur it's wrath should you choose to speak of this to her. Good luck and god speed.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I know everyone has jumped on your case about this. But what are your reasons for wanting to know? are you concerned she may have an eating disorder or just curiousity. Also how well do you know her?

If you know her pretty well and are concerned that she may have an eating disorder then yes talk to her about it but DO NOT bring it up in the subject of her loose skin. Try to find another approach

If you are just curious I would say to not say a word. I can gurantee that you will upset her immensely if she has worked hard on losing the weight and does not have a disorder, and you have the gall to make a subject of extra skin.

As someone who has lost a lot of weight, healthy, there sometimes is NOTHING that can be done for loose skin
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    if you are a good friend, with no chance or hope of getting laid, you can just ask her. be nice about it. be non judgemental about it. and be honest. She has to live with it, so she best learn to deal with it.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Tell her by using sock puppets. If she gets upset, it wont be at you, but at the puppet OF you.

Good luck man...honesty is totally the best policy in this case!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Don't ask her.It would be a real kick in her self-esteem, I'm sure. It's safe to assume she has lost significant weight, most likely very fast, without exercise.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    OMG please do this because it will hilarious! unless you don't want her as a friend i would not say anything. NOW as crazy as it sounds if the two of you are close/friends with a girl and you REALLY want to help your friend have the girl ask her. coming from a guy no matter what your intentions is NEVER EVER EVER GOOD! EVER! no woman wants a GUY pointing out her wave stops 15 minutes after hand.
    I think you should first set up a video camera and tape you asking her.
    Just be upfront about it and say, "Yo! What up with that baggy skin?"

Then post it here so we can see her kick you in the nuts and then laugh at you.
  • mariieexo
    Options
    Um... keep your mouth shut LOL! I am sure she already knows about the skin and you bringing it up will only make her MORE self conscious about it then she already is (I'm sure).

Unless you are planning to get into a relationship with her, then MAYBE the subject could come up, but otherwise... some things are better left unsaid!

This ^
  • jodieandris
    Options
    Ask her if shes always been vegan. Maybe that will strike up a conversation about whether or not she used to have bad eating habits that may have led to weight gain. Try to see some old photos of her. Dont ask, but maybe if you go to her house and she has a photo album or pics on the wall you might be able to see if she was ever overweight. If you do see a picture of her when she was big, then maybe you can complement her on losing so much weight, tell her she looks amazing and ask her how she did it. If I was a girl with this problem, I dont think I would be offended if you used this approach.
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    Some people will have a lot of extra skin regardless of how quickly/slowly they lost weight, and how much exercise they do during/after. Despite what a lot of people will tell you, genetics plays a large part in skin elasticity. For some people, if they lose a lot of weight, they are going to have a lot of extra skin no matter what they do (short of having surgery).

As for what you should say about it, the answer is nothing. I don't see why it matters to you why she has the extra skin, and pointing it out is *not* going to make her feel good. In all likelihood, she is already self-conscious about the extra skin. Unless she brings it up, keep your mouth shut.

this is good and true, and also brings up another valid point. If she is wearing a bikini, that is a signal that she is used to it and you can ask her. if she dont want the attention, she wouldnt reveal it.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do not really see where this is any of your business. Why do you feel like you need to say something to her. imagine if you saw an obese person do you feel the urge to have to talk to them about why they are fat? Same thing.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    The Troll is strong in this one!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to bite you. Beat you up. Scratch? End this thread now. Please.