Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love makeup and thought about doing it for a living so I'm a little biased.

I always have on foundation, blush and mascara. The rest is optional and depends on what I'm doing.

Gym time is a little different and only requires a little foundation.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sht i knew i forgot something this week
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm weird, I'm 51 and have never worn any make-up, ever. Yes, I'm an aging hippie, I don't dye my hair either. The only thing I do take part in is pedicures during the summer so my feet look good in sandels. I can't see this changing for my next 50!
  • phillyfoodie
    Options
    My only concern when I don't wear makeup is whether I've put on sunscreen. To me, skin care that protects me from skin cancer and/or wrinkles is the most important thing; the makeup is just extra window dressing. Sometimes I'm happy with the way it looks, and sometimes not, but I try different things all the time.
  • JonMB
    JonMB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with the less is more approach. I've seen many girls with and without makeup, and I prefer without makeup. But if a girl wants to wear some lip gloss or concealer or something by her own choice, then of course that's fine.
  • AliMariesDad
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of make-up. I think women are more beautiful without it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wear it if I'm going out-out or to an event like a wedding (or if I KNOW photos will be taken, I at least put on a little mascara). But otherwise, I don't bother with it. The older I get, the less I care. i look OK without it and I look awful all done up. When I do wear it, it's a little mascara, a little eyeliner and maybe some blush or eyeshadow. I NEVER wear coverup. I hate the stuff.

This is me without makeup:

Me.jpg
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    For me this is an easy question to answer...I prefer little to no make up. I really like the natural look so much more than the painted lady look. I know a lot of women think make up is necessary but I remember years ago sitting around a table with some male friends and the subject came up and we were all in total agreement that it is no fun to kiss a woman with make-up on and we all agreed we'd prefer they not wear any.

Of course it's all personal preference and I have my own preferences when it comes to women. :wink:

Well that is my own two cents...do with it whatever you want :smile:

Uhhh... introductions to this table of men are in order!!!
  • bblich02
    bblich02 Posts: 57
    Options
    Ladies...how many of you go out with no makeup on at all? I was raised to never leave the house unless you are all done..hair, makeup, etc...

I have to say, it gets tiring and though I am scared to death to leave the house without makeup on..I feel like I should leave the house with no make up..or I should post a picture just to see if people will go running for the hills...

Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?

This is a small form of anxiety for me..am I the only one? (Goodness, I hope not)

i was the same way!!! i was terrified to leave the house without makeup. but once i became more confident and wore less, people would say how great i looked (even though i felt really self-conscious). i started to build more confidence and started to take pictures without it. i started realizing that makeup isn't everything and people will appreciate me no matter what! so i say be confident with who you are! i do wear bare minerals foundation and a smudge of mascara but thats about it now--not the whole caboodle! natural is IN!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup, it's just never been something I cared about. If you want to get rid of it, but are not sure, then you could always start with just wearing less...like skip the foundation/powder one day and just do a little eye makup and lipstick...or skip all of it except some lipstick...mostly it's about what you are comfortable with...
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    when i actually put make up on, which isn't too often unless i'm going out somewhere (ie..town or date night with the hubby), i usually try to keep it light and simple. most other times i don't bother with it. it all depends on how i feel about myself that day.
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    I love wearing makeup. I've noticed though that I when I wear a lot of makeup (not talking like drag makeup here lol), my bf doesn't really compliment it, but when I wake up in the am or am fresh out of the shower, he always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    For me this is an easy question to answer...I prefer little to no make up. I really like the natural look so much more than the painted lady look. I know a lot of women think make up is necessary but I remember years ago sitting around a table with some male friends and the subject came up and we were all in total agreement that it is no fun to kiss a woman with make-up on and we all agreed we'd prefer they not wear any.

Of course it's all personal preference and I have my own preferences when it comes to women. :wink:

Well that is my own two cents...do with it whatever you want :smile:

Uhhh... introductions to this table of men are in order!!!

I agree...PLEASE
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup every day. It helps me look polished and like I care about my appearance. (I'm not saying the opposite is true for others, just that this is true for me personally.)

If I'm just running to the store or on an errand, I might just wear tinted moisturizer and mascara, but that's pretty much my bare minimum. Most days it's full face.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I don't wear much makeup from day to day, but I do tend to fill in my sparse eyebrows if I do nothing else.

My husband tells me he doesn't much notice makeup. Boobs kind of draw his eye away from the face. :-D
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't mind a little make-up...but too much ain't for me
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wear concealer, foundation shadow, eye liner and mascara. If i dont I'm always getting ask if "i'm sick." or why are you so pale. There are days where I just dont want to wear it so i dont. But I like making my eyes stand out which is the main reason i wear it.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    if I can tell you are wearing any, you have on to much.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    During the week I only wear mascara and fix my hair.
    On weekends I dont wear any make up at all unless Im going out.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?
    I don't like it. It makes me look kinda gay.