Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Gentleman..how do you feel about make-up? Do you like some? None? a little? or it doesn't matter as long as your lady is happy?
    I don't like it. It makes me look kinda gay.

Totally Agree
    Then why do you make me wear it? And is the diaper really necessary?

Necessary no, hot yes
    Hold me.
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I remember my friend from high school directing my attention to a girl at prom. At school this girl always had curled hair and heavy makeup. My friend chuckled and said, "if you looked at her from the neck up, she looks exactly the same at prom as she does during the school day." She wore so much makeup everyday it was impossible for her to wear anymore than usual.

If I'm heading to work, I wear tinted moisturizer(get one with SPF and make your skin happy!) and mascara. I wear more makeup if I'm going somewhere more formal. I feel like most women look best with light makeup.
  • sheripoynter
    Options
    i love make up :) its fun and creative!

i don't mind running out to the shops barefaced, but i prefer to wear it, i feel more like me with my flicky eyeliner and bright lipstick, i'm a bright person and i like to convey that in my appearance :)

*EDIT: she says wearing all black in her picture...
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I only wear make up on special occasions.
    Make up makes me feel like my skin isn't breathing properly. Also, since I commute to work, I already have a zillion things to do in the morning and not enough time.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup everyday, even if I don't go out. LOL!!! I love makeup. Granted I don't go all Tammy Faye Baker, or anything, lol. For some reason, my brain decides to make me feel drained & tired if I don't wear makeup!! Yes, weird I know.

I'm the exact same.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Monday - Friday I never wear makeup and usually just dry my hair and throw it back in a clip or a headband. I don't feel the need to waste time in the morning just to go to work. If I have a client meeting I will make myself up subtly (foundation, mascara, light lip) but that's just to give me an extra boost of confidence.
    Most of my weekends are spent outside hiking or other activities with my son and I just throw on my moisturizer with sunscreen.

Side note: I was at a business lunch last week and there was a woman at my table all made up, hair done, dressed to the 9's and her foundation was so horribly uneven and badly applied I wanted to wash her face for her. Sometimes no makeup is better especially if you don't know how to apply it.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes use make-up to create the illusion of cleavage. On my hand.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Mascara & eye liner. that's it for me. And I don't even do that every day.
    I will go to the store in sweats & a t shirt without my hair fixed and no make up on. I sometimes even go to work like that. *gasp*
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    BTW I've worn a foundation make-up with SPF-15 in it since I was in 8th grade, and at almost 42 yrs old I have not one wrinkle....... so make-up can be your friend :bigsmile:

I so would not have guessed you're almost 42! you look 28 at max!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I don't ever really wear makeup - except for on special occasions like an x-mas party or a wedding. Plus, I refuse to wear it on dates - if you don't like me without makeup on - you best be movin' on.
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I feel kind of naked without eyeliner and mascara on - but that's probably because when I forget to put it on everyone asks me if I'm feeling ok as I look a little washed out! Foundation just dries my skin out and takes far too long to put on!
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Ive only worn makeup a few times in my life and i didnt like how it felt on my face or how it made me look. Guess I was made to rock the natural look. Wouldnt say Im low maintenance as I do like to look good, but just thing that makeup is not the way to go.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up with the exception of going out, and then it's only some mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lip gloss. I don't wear foundation at all.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I met my wife when she wasn't wearing any make up in an Amish market (no she's not Amish). Damn she was hot looking in her sweats and bunned up hair and no make up. We went on a date and she had minimal make up on and WOW!!! She doesn't need a lot of work, and I don't like waiting eons for someone to get ready if we're just going to the store. It's also nice knowing that I will wake up to the same beautiful face day in and day out.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I wear a little make on nights out and no make up at all the rest of the time. I've never understood the desire to doll up 24/7. I'd rather people see me as I am.

Edit: The Holi paint in the pic was super special occasion.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy when I was 14 or 15 who didn't like it. He always told me that was was first attracted him to me because he felt I was real and knew how to have fun.

I've never worn make-up in my life. I've also never had acne or any other skin conditions. Maybe there's a connection.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Shake all your childhood programming (ie. "I was raised..."). You do your own raising now, you set what is right, and what it is that you want.

I personally think if you spend more than 15 min, you are wasting your time. We guys look for a lot more than a well painted face, some might say a girl without makeup implies she doesn't care about her appearance, but even for those guys, its a small factor. I have never heard of anyone say "oh man, i am poposing to/breaking up with this girl because she wears/doesnt wear makeup".

Cleverly done makeup can certainly catch the eye, but thats all it should be, because if there is nothing else past the make-up, you are in big trouble. Think of muscular guys, lot of you girls will have your eye caught by it, but if its all there is, not a lot of fun.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    The less the better. My DW only wears lipstick and a little bit of eye liner. Ever since we've met.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It depends what I am doing. I go to the gym at 5:15am so any make up I wear is left over from the night before (I don't wash my face prior!) I always touch up my make up when I am going out... but there are times I am in such a hurry that it's whatever is on my face :)
  • Seahawk27
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup, only for special occasions, and I've always been that way. I use mineral makeup when I do dress up, I like how soft it feels on my face and not greasy. I don't ever leave the house without at least brushing my hair though, unless I'm headed to the gym and then it just goes in a ponytail.