Replies

• wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I acutally find it funny to hear all of the guys saying they prefer little or no make up. The funny thing is the women that you are normally breaking your necks to look at while out on the town are made up as well as the celebrities, the lovely ladies in your "magazines and movies", etc. Men nomrally are not checking out plain jane amish looking women.
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have my days when I want to feel all dolled up, but to be completely honest...I am 22 and I just figured out how to properly do eye liner lol.....Most days I would rather sleep that extra hour than put make up on.....my hair is done though even if it is just a cute pony tail but I like my face enough to not hide it.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    NO foundation or powder here! Only blush, eyeliner, mascara and the occasional eyeshadow to match. But other than that, it's natural beauty :smooched:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The less the better. My DW only wears lipstick and a little bit of eye liner. Ever since we've met.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

What's a DW?

Dear Wife
    Could be "deer wife." Maybe that sorta thing is legal there.

Now that's funny right there.

I married my wife 15years ago, and I believe that day was the last time she wore make up.... which is scary because she is ugly as f--k without it...

(waiting for mass of crazed women carrying torches and pitchforks)

I am kidding of course. Honestly, she has big boobs so I have never really seen her face anyway. Eyes never make it up that high.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup - the odd night out with my husband, but even then it's not every time.

I am glad that I don't wear it all the time - since I find women that wear it all the time always feel naked without it and won't go anywhere with out putting some on - so glad I don't have that fear!

The only thing I apply everyday is cream....and lip balm, just the plain ole blistex, nothing tinted or sparkly
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I do not wear make-up every day. For work I will usually throw on some mascara and lip gloss but that is it, some mornings I don't even make it to the gloss.

^^this^^ :laugh:
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Took me about 10 years to work out how to put on makeup without looking ridiculous. Likely because my mother never wears it and none of my friends had anywhere like my complexion.

Now I only really wear concealer if I've got spots (alas, quite common thanks to my choice of suncream. It's brilliant but the alcohol wrecks my face!). Bit of mascara and pencil my eyebrows in if it's somewhere posh. And whilst I own foundation, I'm not entirely sure why given I apply it no more than twice a year when concealer isn't enough and I'm going somewhere nice!

I suppose make up is fine, but not really for me. And definitely bad when you get into Snog, Marry, Avoid territory... O_o
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I wear it every day. Usually only don't wear it on weekends around the house or if I'm hungover and don't GAF.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up to work daily, foundation, eye-makeup, blush, lip gloss, but when I'm at home, going to the gym, out running errands, etc., I don't bother. I think make-up enhances my facial features; however, my husband prefers that I don't wear make-up at all, so whenever we go out, I'm all natural!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've only worn a face full under 5 times in my 27 years. On a regular day, I fill in my eyebrows add mascara and a lip color if I feel like it. As long as my eyes aren't itchy, I'll do eyeshadow too. I love eyeshadow. I've used bronzer but I lost it years ago and never got a new one lol! I usually just try to work on my skin. I finally got it back to a nice, mostly clear state.

With that said, I don't have a problem with foundation or a full face, I'm just lazy. Working on having "flawless" skin is easier and less time consuming for me. Also, I've never found a foundation that doesn't break me out. I wish I could do eyeliner, but I always mess up and get frustrated. But I do think it's a crutch for some people.

If you're worried about how you look without it, spend sometime looking into skincare. Great skin will make you feel more comfortable without makeup :)
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I always wear make-up to work. I don't if I'm hanging around the house or running errands on the weekends.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My opinion is mixed....

I love the natural beauty look of a lady. To me, make up is a way for a lady to hide behind who she truly is.

BUT WITH THAT SAID.....

I do understand that a lady loves to look her best. Make up has a time and place. If a lady wants to put on a little make up to enhance her natural beauty for a night out or special occasion, go for it. If a lady needs to put make up on to go to the store for one item, that is a little too much for me.

Hope this makes sense...
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For me this is an easy question to answer...I prefer little to no make up. I really like the natural look so much more than the painted lady look. I know a lot of women think make up is necessary but I remember years ago sitting around a table with some male friends and the subject came up and we were all in total agreement that it is no fun to kiss a woman with make-up on and we all agreed we'd prefer they not wear any.

Of course it's all personal preference and I have my own preferences when it comes to women. :wink:

Well that is my own two cents...do with it whatever you want :smile:

I love your anwer - I never really thought about it like that - :happy:
  • kingpt11
    kingpt11 Posts: 27
    Options
    well... imo the question is to wear make-up without looking ur wearing make-up. makes sense?
    and yeah, thats what i like to look at.

about my own make up, i only wear some eyeliner when i go to a goth grave (party). ;)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My husband loves me to be all did up:bigsmile: . and i could care less what YOU (the public) think.:huh:

some people actually look ugly-er with make up on - some people have beautiful skin and shouldnt wear any....its up to you, you shouldnt care what anyone else thinks, what matters is what you think and how you feel. either way, make up is just make up- it can be fun, and nothing is wrong with it:flowerforyou:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    When I was in my teens and twenties I hated leaving the house without make up. In addition, my clothes had to be ironed, hair done, nails done and everything had to match.

As I got older I got less obsessed with being as perfect as I could be. I had 4 kids and they took up a lot of my time.

Now that I have more time for me I don't go to the extremes that used to and I frequently go out with no make up at all. It does not bother me at all. In fact my husband tells me how beautiful I am with no make up at all.

But l do feel better with at least mascara, blush and lip gloss on. But I feel good without it too. I never have worn foundation on a regular basis, I can't stand the feeling.

I did notice one thing though. I get treated different by people out in the stores if I have my make up on. It seems store clerks are friendlier and more engaging if I am all "done up". But I see that as their problem, not mine. :o)
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I hate when people put makeup on their actually cheek/all over face area..it looks sooo fakey and i don't get why so many people think it looks okay. It looks horrible. I think people look nice though when they wear lip gloss and a small amount of eye make up though. Just be yourself!
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love love love makeup. I can leave the house without it. you should be able to feel confident without it and about your features. I dont think its bad for your skin at all with all the Beauty balms and tinted moisturizers they have now without face makeup I wouldnt be using sunscreen ! I have been wearing a clearisil lotion and dark spot corrector and then using Maybeline Dream Fresh BB balm. Its the best it doesnt sweat off and it has 30SPF! I also wear blush and have to have mascara. It just enhances my features and makes me feel more confident!
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wear it every day. Usually only don't wear it on weekends around the house or if I'm hungover and don't GAF.

This!!!! love it <3 me too :)