Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    sht i knew i forgot something this week

LOL

Actually, I almost never wear any, and I don't even think I have any right now. I really only wore it on a regular basis for a couple of the teen years (so, about 20 yrs ago). :) Part of it is because I'm animal product free and don't want to put the effort in, plus, cruelty free make up is expensive. Also, I've always had a lot of color in my face, and when I wear makeup, I often feel like a little girl who's been playing in mommy's cabinet. Since I've been a vet tech, it's also been much easier to wear glasses than contacts, and if I wear mascara, my eyelashes hit the glasses frames and it's really uncomfortable. I try to wear sunscreen most days, and occasionally lip balm if I'm dry. :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I may wear lipgloss to work but I rarely put any kind of makeup on during the day... However if I'm going out at night the makeup goes on.. I have a small addiction issue with lipsticks and eyeshadows
  • JDSmith90
    JDSmith90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I personally hate wearing makeup its so hard to get off. Just kidding. I don't like a glob of makeup on a girl. I actually like it when a girl can find herself beautiful without any at all. I personally think women don't need it.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    When I go out I wear a lot of make up as I generally wear 30s - 40s clothes and like my face to fit the period. Day to day I don't wear any. Maybe a little powder and lip balm. My face is my face, you don't like it, look elsewhere.

Preach sista. lol.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    I wear makeup all the time. I wear lots of eyeliner, wings and everything. Mascara, blush, foundation, cheek highlighters, lipstick, shadows. You name it.
    I think it makes me look nice, and I don't OVERKILL it. I'm not a clown, and I know that :P
    Who cares what you do to your own face? other people don't have to have your face in pictures, YOU do.
    Plus sometimes or most times makeup can enhance your features and whatnot. That's why there are makeup schools and beauty courses and whatnot, to teach you how to do it properly. Agreed that natural = beautiful.
    But that doesn't mean that ladies WITH makeup aren't beautiful :)
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I acutally find it funny to hear all of the guys saying they prefer little or no make up. The funny thing is the women that you are normally breaking your necks to look at while out on the town are made up as well as the celebrities, the lovely ladies in your "magazines and movies", etc. Men nomrally are not checking out plain jane amish looking women.

Women without make-up are not all "plain jane Amish looking." I have never worn make up and I get checked out all the time. I am good looking but I think it's also my confidence and carefree attitude that attracts men. If others get that confidence from wearing make-up, then more power to them.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    make up is one of the many lies women give men. that being said, some people need it
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I prefer little to none. If a woman feels the need to wear a lot of make-up... just stay indoors and save for cosmetic surgery.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I acutally find it funny to hear all of the guys saying they prefer little or no make up. The funny thing is the women that you are normally breaking your necks to look at while out on the town are made up as well as the celebrities, the lovely ladies in your "magazines and movies", etc. Men nomrally are not checking out plain jane amish looking women.

Someone has self-esteem issues.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I prefer women with little to no makeup. Natural is the best! Throw on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top and away we go!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    meh....depends on the occasion. Sometimes I wear it sometimes I dont.

without:
    19536421_5652.jpg

with:
    19536421_395.jpg
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    MAYBE for a special occasion.
    Even then it's only eye shadow, eye liner, & mascara.

My mother taught me to always have on clean underwear in case you get in an accident, nothing bout no stupid makeup.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I only wear makeup when I feel like the occasion warrants it. Special meeting at work, new clients, New Year's eve party, that kind of thing. Let me tell you, it would be damn tedious to put that stuff on every day of the week and have to worry about it staying put in 855 humidity.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy as *kitten*. I will run out to the grocery store fresh outta bed without even BRUSHING my hair! And in sweat pants and a hole-y shirt, w/e lol. If I'm comfortable, that's what I care about! I do my hair and make up EVERY Tuesday and Thursday when I go to the bar for pool league. The only other time than that is if I'm going to a party or family event. I do normally wear a bit of mascara every day but that's it :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I wear very little makeup when I do decide to wear it at all. Maybe a little powder, mascara, and lipgloss and to be honest when I do wear it and I feel like I'm wearing a lot, I get asked "do you have makeup on? I can't tell." *sigh* Apparently I either suck at putting it on or I'm great at it. haha
    AND I go out every single day of my life almost without brushing my hair... I run my fingers through it and hit the road.
    I am making more of an attempt to look "presentable" when my husband gets home from work though. I will not, however, put makeup on daily. I will bathe and change out of my sweaty workout clothes, but I will not put on makeup. lol

<-- no makeup. i don't think i look too horrible without it. :)
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    The most I wear is eyeliner...and that's like once or twice a week. Other than that...special occassions only, if I feel like it lol
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    My hubby has tried to convince me for years that I don't need it but honestly, I think he just wants me to hurry up so we can leave :) I wear a little during the day and a little more at night. If I have a faux tan going on, I don't need much but maybe eyebrows (girls, don't ever over over tweeze..they don't grow back sometimes!), a little gloss and mascara. I think heavy eye makeup is a no-no as we get older...on me it is anyways.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I wear little makeup, just eyeliner, mascara and sometimes when I remember, lipgloss, ha ha. I have never done the foundation, blush, lipstick and eyeshadow. To me that is too much.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Rarely wear makeup. My mom and older sister never did so I just never got into it. Occasionally I put some on if I'm dressing up, but generally I just feel like I'm not pretty either way, so why waste the money? There are some people who just can't be made to look good.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My friends and family have been instructed that if I'm ever in a coma, someone needs to make sure I have on Lancôme la base (lip conditioner) and mascara. :tongue: