Its 2010...Please Join Me

Options

Replies

• Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    OK so my weekend away from home..... Not at all what I was hopeing :sad: :mad: But not as bad as it could have been! WHile my food was not the greatest at all! I drank only coffee and water! I am so proud of my self for that! That means 24 days with out soda! New.. you can do this chica! :drinker: I am really trying to drink a lot fo water today because I know I did not drink enough over the weekend and I have not even got on the scale yet! My goal is to get back to atleast 139.6 what I weighed on Friday. :huh: I can not wait to get back to the gym tomorrow. :bigsmile: Good luck this week ladies!
  • Myth
    Options
    This weeks challange

First - still eat 2 salads this week same as last week.
    Second - eat fruit twice this week for a snack! (or in place of that granola bar you want to get rid of EEK) :bigsmile:

These two are tips- try them try them and you shall see :tongue:

Also (thanks to Jaymie) :flowerforyou: eating slower then you might normally eat to try to get that "your full" hormone to kick in

Dont forget your MINDLESS drinking!

Good luck all!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Hello sporters :)

I had my second salad at lunch today (cutting it close haha). So I was successful in this week's challenge! Also today I went out to lunch with my family... I guess I did ok. I only drank water and when it came to side dishes (fries :( ) I shared with my brother! Instead of a caesar salad, I had a mixed greens one instead which is probably a lot healthier for you, too. The only thing I failed at was I ended up sharing a piece of chocolate cake with my brother, too... sigh. :cry: But anyways, it was delicious so I can't really say I regret it lol.

Looking forward to this week's challenge!
  • turin
    turin Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I've been on MFP the past two weeks and just wanted to say hello and join in. My first two weeks were so-so. The first week I lost about 3 pounds and the second week, predictably, the scales didn't budge at all. :mad:

To be fair, the second week was a bit of my bad - travelled and had some parties to attend. Ended up consuming more than I should have.

Hoping that Week 3 will be a better one.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Turin
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Keltinator
    Options
    hello turin :) good luck in 2010 !! :drinker:
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sporters WELCOME! Turin WELCOME! NICE TO HAVE BOTH OF YOU :happy:

WELL I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS LIFE STYLE CHANGE FOR 24 DAYS NOW....IV LOST 9 LBS. IM HAPPY. IM PROUD OF MYSELF FOR COUNTING EVERY CALORIE AND CUTTING OUT THE SODA.....THANKS MYTH GOOD JOB ON YOUR PROGRESS!!

I FEEL LIKE WORK IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE I HAVE NO TIME FOR ANYTHING..I AM ACTUALLY SUPRISED THAT I CAN MANAGE THIS EATING PLAN WITHOUT GOING OVER..IV HAD ONE DAY OVER AND THAT WAS TOM ON THE FIRST WEEK OTHER THAN THAT SOLID AS A ROCK...

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD WEEK.

I ATE 2 SALADS AT LEAST THIS WEEK.
    I WILL TRY TWO MORE FOR THIS WEEK AND OFCOURSE CONTINUE WITH THE MINDLESS DRINKING.

I WANTED TO ASK A QUESTION IM ALSO GOING TO POST THIS ON A NEW TOPIC.
    ANYONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH STARBUCKS...I DRINK THE SHAKEN GREEN TEA LEAMONADE AND ORDER IT WITH NO SYRUP OR SUGAR. I AM ASSUMING NO CALORIES. ON THE WEBSITE THEY DONT SHOW IT WITHOUT SYRUP JUST THE ORIGINAL. ANYONE KNOW THE OFFICIAL CALORIES ON THIS IF ANY?
  • turin
    turin Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks EEK, NewBeginning
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Still have some salad makings it will probably do 2 more if I eat them early in the week. The fruit is easy I have a banana everyday with breakfast. (Dr. order) I did not have enough potasium and banana is the best way to get it with out another pill. I'll try to add apples or orages to this week and have 2 of them to reach a new goal.

Chipgal
  • Keltinator
    Options
    hey everybody :)

well i certainly have had a great start to the week! had fruit with lunch and had a salad a minute ago as an appetizer for a little pizza i made... it's cooling right now and i can't wait to eat it lol. hope everyone else had a good monday! :happy:

newbeginning--as for your starbucks question, i saw you posted your question in another thread too and i agree with the posters there. i don't know what size you get, but a tall one of those, without modifying any of the ingredients, is 100 calories (this i got from the website). so, it's a pretty low cal option and i wouldn't worry too much about it. i'm sure that number goes down when you say you get it without syrup, or sugar. i get fraps there and i think that as long as you're smart about it (i.e. made with skim and no whipping cream), the stats for them aren't that bad.
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome Turin!!

I HAD 2 SALADS LAST WEEK!!!

Im in for the next challenge Myth!!.. actually I already started - yesturday I completely ran out of time for lunch so I had a fruit salad with some low fat yoghurt!!!

Thalia - its hard trying to eat well when your working long hours - well done!!
    For your starbucks drink.. Im not sure if you googled the drink to see if there is any site that might have the calorie posted but i have googled a few things and was pleasantly surprised with the information.
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Im heading away to Australia half holiday with my BF half visitng my mom... So after Friday i wont be online posting or tracking my food!! Im kinda afraid that I will go over alot of days

I have a rough idea of how many calories certain regular foods i eat will contain but its visiting families and having big dinners that will throw me out of wack!!!

hmmmmm... I will try my very best practice my 'say no to food' muscle... My family in Australia are big eaters!!

I will be needing alot of 'say no to food' muscle!!!! hmmmm
  • Myth
    Options
    Jaymie,

I hope you have fun and you know you can do it, if not, do like I did do not beat yourself up going there is not an every day thing. It will all be fun! Just drink plenty of water!!!! :)
  • Myth
    Options
    as today is my bday I am still going to the gym - which my hubby and friends think I am crazy for lol. But then I will have salad for lunch and fish for dinner at red lobster and split a dessert with my family. But this morning I had a pastry and a non fat white mocha drink! lol. I am all good and glad :) I al also nto a day over 29! I mean 34 lol tmrw I will be a day older then 34 rofl
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    as today is my bday I am still going to the gym - which my hubby and friends think I am crazy for lol. But then I will have salad for lunch and fish for dinner at red lobster and split a dessert with my family. But this morning I had a pastry and a non fat white mocha drink! lol. I am all good and glad :) I al also nto a day over 29! I mean 34 lol tmrw I will be a day older then 34 rofl

:flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy every minute of it! You are not crazy to go to the gym, sometimes I feel it is a treat to get away to the gym! So treat yourself:smile:
  • Myth
    Options
    Nic,

Thank you! I agree a treat! I enjoy it! iT MAKES ME HAPPY AND GIVE ME ENDORPHENES (SP) opps caps sorry lol.
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    well today is my second day. I went over calories last night but I am planning better for today. I go to school on mondays and wednesdays, in the morning AND at night so I really need to learn how to PLAN PLAN PLAN!! I so want to look good this summer. I have a lot to lose so I wont hit my goal by the summer, but I am hoping that I can be in a "normal" size by the end of june. that's like 5 months I can do it!! lol. what I mean by normal size is that I want to be able to fit into clothes from the regular department not the plus sized department!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    happy birthday myth! doesn't exercise just make you feel awesome when you're done? i always feel really motivated and happy after a workout... (okay and i also kinda like the extra cals i get haha...).

Had a banana with lunch today. yay :) and no granola bars in sight :bigsmile: mwahaha! this is crazy, but i'm looking forward to my next weigh in.. now when have i ever looked forward to weighing myself? lol

and have an awesome trip, jaymie.
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Thanks Myth! Your right, its not like I see my mum everyday so I will be a bit easier on myself but will still be sensible.

Hope you had a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!! Good on you for going to the gym!!! exercise does make people happy so why not treat your body to some endorphins on your birthday!!

Keep up the good 'work' ! Keep posting!!!

:drinker:
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Thanks Eek!!

Yeh I also exercise so I can eat more... Hey thats another perk to exercising.. hehehe as long as your eating good stuff eh
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Hi Jenng38

Dont worry too much if some days you go over a bit. As long as you keep going and keep trying.
    Thats right lots of planning and organising your food and some exercise will make it easier to get you into shape before summer,

All the best Jen!!

Jaymie