For you diet soda drinkers out there...

Options

Replies

• mfoutch86
    Options
    You seem to be easy to convince....

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale, special price, just for you!
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Crap, now I want another diet coke.
  • Sheilav330
    Options
    I have one every month or so...depends...if i am at an event ...and i use artificial sweetener in my coffee every morning and i don't crave any sugar unless it;s that TOM lol i feel no different when i don't take the fake sugar stuff and i haven't had any weight gain in quite sometime like someone said if ur pretty munch in track of what u eat it should not apply moderation is a key
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    A little food for thought:

The two main components of aspartame are found in chicken breast. In fact a typical 4 oz serving of chicken breast contains about 25 cans of diet soda worth of the stuff.
    My poo this morning contained components of everything I ate for lunch yesterday.

I'm not gonna eat that either. :wink:
    Yesterday we decided we shouldn't eat our poop either. Especially if we ate crack earlier.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm!!! Zero calorie Big Red!!! :drinker:
  • jcraig1980
    Options
    I used to drink 3-4 cans of regular coke or crush per day. So I followed my Dad's lead, who has lost and maintained for many years now, and made the switch to sprite zero. Oddly enough I find the diet sprite a lot less addicting than the crush or coke and I only drink a can or two a day at most. Usually I end up sipping, forget about it and then toss half of it. I disbelieve the theory that "fake" sugar makes you crave sugar more. At least for me and my Dad it does not apply.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this conversation made my Saturday nite SSSSOOOOOOO much more interesting lol. For the record, Diet Pepsi is awesome!!!!
  • miniveganprincess
    Options
    * drinks pepsi max *

i'll enjoy my diet soda.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Water. 0 calories. 1 1/2 gallons a day.

Keep being awesome.

I love it when the Gorilla comes out to play. :)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100# and still lose just slower cause I have less to lose. I drink water and diet sodas. Drink what you want and leave us to drink what we want....get off the soap box!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Diet soda causes your body to create matter. Cool.

I <3 science.
  • oceansablue
    Options
    While the research is interesting, I wouldn't stake my life on it. Scientists go back and forth on what is good for you and what is bad for you all the time. One year eggs are bad, next it's the miracle food.
    In all honesty, yes, too much of anything is bad for the body. The important thing is to eat/drink in moderation. If you drank nothing but diet soda all day, everyday would it be bad for your health? Yes. If you had a glass every now and then? No.

Edit for spelling.
  • Carolw12
    Carolw12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree that people shoudn't drink soda period but most people won't listen. Ever notice the warning on sweetners that says it gives cancer to laboratory rats? People don't want to face it but its not good for you. I'm trying to quit drinking soda period. I had a diet coke today and I'll try to not drink any tomorrow. IMO anything unnatural is not good for you. There's a reason its called fake sugar. Some people drink a gallon of it a day and then wonder years later why their health is failing or they get cancer.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.

I have done my own research and made my own informed decision about what I will put in my body.

~toasts with my diet coke~
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight drinking diet Coke like it was water. I have lost without drinking any sodas at all. I think it's all good.

For me, all the controversy about artificial sweeteners and the simple cost of non-nutritive drinks made me give it up. It's been years, but there are times when soda is the only thing available to drink, and I discover pretty fast how much I don't like it anymore.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight fast enough? Diet soda is worse for you than regular soda. Anyone wanting a healthy life style shouldn't drink any sodas. If you must, at least stay away from the fake sugar. The aspartame used in diet sodas also causes vitamins to be leached from your bodies and it is also highly carcinogenic. Studies have found that bodies react to fake sugar in the same way as real sugar. It might not have as many calories but your body still creates fat in response.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda-gain-more-weight

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41479869/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/daily-diet-soda-tied-higher-risk-stroke-heart-attack/#.UEJIpdZlSDk

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/28/us-diet-drinks-health-idUSBRE82R1BL20120328

I'm posting this for my mom and aunts who are diet coke addicts.

Your profile picture made me dizzy.
  • ashleyminus30
    ashleyminus30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hate when people tell me what to drink.
    They don't know the kind of drink I like.
    They don't know the kind of drink I want.
    They don't know me.
    They don't know my life.
    They don't know what I've been through.

Now I want a diet coke.
  • IceDragon72
    Options
    Coke Zero for the win, baby. :heart:

I'm all out right now though :frown:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I agree that people shoudn't drink soda period but most people won't listen. Ever notice the warning on sweetners that says it gives cancer to laboratory rats? People don't want to face it but its not good for you. I'm trying to quit drinking soda period. I had a diet coke today and I'll try to not drink any tomorrow. IMO anything unnatural is not good for you. There's a reason its called fake sugar. Some people drink a gallon of it a day and then wonder years later why their health is failing or they get cancer.

Saccharine does increase cancer risk in rats. However, rats process saccharine differently than humans. Further investigation showed that the way the cancer arose in rats couldn't occur in humans because of mechanical differences. As a result, those warnings were repealed over ten years ago.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    bless your heart