Options
    Coulrophobia

:frown: :frown: help!!

4e626937.jpg
    Yeah Clowns are on the top of my list as well
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Mainly bugs. I also have a strong fear of losing my hubby... and sometimes I have an agoraphobia problem where I will become overly terrified of anything for no reason whatsoever and yes.. that includes leaving my house in the middle of the day or talking to people.

Then there are those WONDEROUS moments where I lie awake at night thinking about dying and it makes me so utterly afraid I can't breathe.
  • MelStrey
    Options
    Heliophobia
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My phobia started as a simple adversion however turned into a phobia when I moved to Arizona.

Entomophobia: The fear of insects.

I am originally from MN where there are tons of insects but very few dangerous ones. Since moving here we have not had a great deal of luck in rental properties. Black Widdows, Scorpions, Brown Recluse, and while I have been told multiple times that those big black carpenter bees are harmless they scare the **** out of me. Every time I find a new insect I have to try to figure out what it is which only makes it worse.

ahhh or CRANE FLIES!!! they look like GIGANTIC MOSQUITOES everyone tells me they are harmless as well as those big carpenter bees and i just.. i just can't i freak out. 'water bugs' too.. those stupid things are cockroaches. I don't care what anyone says.:frown:
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    my strange fear.
    raindaphobia.....fear of frogs.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I fear deep under water, falling, spiders and snakes.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    No phobia that I can remember.
    Ah! Wait just remembered one - Runoutofcaloriesforalcoholphobia....
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Top three: Spiders, Latex Balloons, and Aliens.

I've have aggressive panic attacks from each of these.. The alien one after having a dream about aliens coming to abduct me. I was paralyzed in my bed and couldn't breathe when I woke up.

The holes one was fcking disgusting.. I don't mind holes, just not the weird *kitten* in people's skin. Thanks, Google Images.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Most phobias are considered irrational, but I would consider mine pretty legit, though my husband would argue. I'm horribly afraid of needles. When I was 3 I had to get a shot in my leg for pneumonia, only the nurse who gave it to me must have been new or something because it wasn't warmed up to the right temperature (so wouldn't go in easily), so she decided to make it less painful by injecting it slowly. I don't remember it at all, but my mom said I was screaming bloody murder for the whole couple minutes it took to get in my leg. Ever since then I feel nauseous/sweaty/light headed just looking at a needle.

I'm also scared of heights. No good reason for that one, except maybe common sense. :laugh: Insects, arachnids, and reptiles give me the heebie jeebies, but I can take them out.
  • ToneItUp87
    Options
    Gephyrophobia.
    Muniphobia.
    Claustrophobia.

I also have a fear of being in cars in general.

I'm all kinds of fudged up.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I also have caulrophobia. And uh.. a fear of people dressed in costumes with mesh over any part of the face so they can see.
    Seriously not cool.
    And equinophobia. Yep horsies. I had a special moment last week in the field with my manager and a customer on a farm. The customer tried to convince me that they were behind a fence and lovely. No dice *****. They are horses and if they want at me that flimsy fence aint doin ****.

You know with the holes thing, I find lotus seed pods way more scary than holes in humans. Sure, the humans thing is gross but LOTUS SEED PODS!!! GTFO!
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Girl I feel you. The thought of death TERRORIZES me . I"m not sure if it's because I'm getting older or I've lost some close loved ones but damn, that's a scary thought!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Thalassophobia - Fear of the ocean (I love the ocean, just hate the huge space of open water, scares the crap out of me. I wouldnt dare go in. It goes under this name.)
  • hilltopsarah
    Options
    I dont know what it's called when your afraid of heights, but that my number 1 phobia, the same thing with snakes too, what is it called when your afraid of snakes:sick: :wink:
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of jogging right now thanks to my knee injury. I'll get over it eventually, I can't not jog. :p

A side irrational fear that has formed is slipping (and then falling) from the injury as well. Loose gravel, water on the floor. I better get over this fast otherwise winter is really going to suck! :p
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Having nightmares of "IT" tonight. Now I see the teeth. AHHHHHHHH!
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Claustrophobia:frown: :sick:
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I have a serious germ fear. EVERYTHING gets bleached, including bleach in my dish water.

Also, spiders. I seriously want to pull out the gun and shoot them. I literally tremble & cant move when i see one. *shudders*
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I try hard not to let anything get the best of me. I was a single parent so I had to be the brave one and teach my daughter to be brave!
  • RobinH0416
    Options
    Heights and feer of falling or being pushed off of a building or a balcony. Watch "the Game" with Michael Douglas sometime. There is a famous fall in it. It's actually one of the most amazing movies ever.