MFP Debate....Do you accept friend requests with no msg?

Options
123457»

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    No, I don't accept a FR without a message. Can't do it. I somehow sparked your interest, so you tell me what did it for you. I don't even send a FR without a message either. A friend of mine does Mystery Friend Roulette. He lets us decide on if he should add them or not by how we feel that day. LoL.

wow..........who would do such a thing? \m/

I have heard of this guy...he is like an urban legend or something :wink:

Urban legend? Or too afraid to make a decision on his own??? LOL :wink:
    Well, perhaps if people took the time to read the profile, maybe that person would take the time to care about the request :drinker: \m/

How are they supposed to find the time to read a profile when they are sending requests to everybody they run across on a post? I think that his expectations are a little high! :tongue:
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i do, because it's pretty obvious you found me in a thread or we have mutual friends already. i don't need a message because i hope to interact and learn what you're all about and it doesnt take long to see the difference between someone who finds you inspirational or simply attractive

This ^^
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    doesnt matter to me if there is a message with FR or not. ill accept either way. anyone could be my new best friend but i have to give them a chance first
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Nope, if they don't interact with me by sending a message, they're highly unlikely to interact with me much after we're friends either. I don't need to clutter up my news feed with useless friends like that. Quality not quantity!
  • CakeBaby_HMJ
    Options
    I will check their profile and usually if they don't fill anything out I won't accept. Or if they have 50 plus friends I wont add them! But if they have a good profile with goals and inspire me in a way then I will message them and see if I get a reply... SO you have to be the judge of that! Some people are shy and just need a little boost of confidence... And when you need help sometimes you don't know how to ask for help when you really want and need it!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    No, I don't accept a FR without a message. Can't do it. I somehow sparked your interest, so you tell me what did it for you. I don't even send a FR without a message either. A friend of mine does Mystery Friend Roulette. He lets us decide on if he should add them or not by how we feel that day. LoL.

Well, perhaps if people took the time to read the profile, maybe that person would take the time to care about the request :drinker: \m/

How are they supposed to find the time to read a profile when they are sending requests to everybody they run across on a post? I think that his expectations are a little high! :tongue:

yeah, you're probably right....reading is so overrated....\m/
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do not accept them. I only want active people who take time to comment on my updates, changes, and diaries. If they can't even include a message with the initial invite then that doesn't bode well. But that is just me and no harm is meant.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    It really depends. I specifically requested a message be sent with the friend request: 95% of the time I generally get one. It's the 5% who completely ignore my request that can be a bit annoying, but it's certainly not a deal breaker. Either way, I'm taking a peek at your profile...only because I'm nosy. :wink:
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options

yeah, you're probably right....reading is so overrated....\m/

NONSENSE!!! Do you just randomly go up to a person and start following them around? I know some of my friends sniff butts, but still..
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I noticed so many profiles with a list of rules or demands for messages I decided to be a lemming and follow suit with my own list of rules on my profile. So far though my friends list is just people that have been grandfathered in.
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    I guess I never really thought about it. I usually send a message when I request friends, simply because I like for people to know why I am requesting them, but I have to admit to being lazy at times and sending a FR w/out a msg. *shrugs* I usually accept FR's either way myself because I understand.
  • candctaber
    Options
    I accept everyone, but if they are not here for the right reasons I can always delete.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Yes if its a HOT GIRL! Them looking hot is message enuf! lmao! But any random looking people need to send messages..lol

Actually i dont care. The message thing has gotten ridiculous. Esepcially if you have a private account. let's face it most guys are going to had a hot woman..lol. So to say hey I noticed you post what a wonderful personality may be true ...but they are looking at your bod. I am honest when i send a request..and not really trippin if they accept it or not!
  • tueliewomp
    tueliewomp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it is crazy not to accept for no message. I never write a message I just more mfp friends for encouragement and help. I don't know many people on here so I just request people and they accept. It is not that serious to me. I NEVER WRITE A MESSAGE
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Unless I know who it is w/o the message then no they have to send me a message to at least tell me why they friended me if they don't actually know me lol I agree with you .....there are far too many strange people that want to do you harm out there can't be too careful even online.
  • tueliewomp
    tueliewomp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ME TOO
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't care either way. I've never understood why people care so much honestly. Same with constantly deleting people when they don't log in every day. I just. don't. get. it. I come here for support and to support others. That's it.